Bonding

"So... what's it like being adopted by an Avenger? I'm sure it wasn't bad." Kurai said as he watched the fire.

"I was way better than being with our parents... I have a grandma, dad, mom and uncle." He said with a excitement.

"They're all's sorcerers except for my mom." He said as he started to ramble on about Strange and Christine. How the ancient one likes watching cartoons, and how Wong loves doing pranks on Strange.

Kurai smiled softly at that. "Wow.. sounds like a big family. Speaking of Mystic arts, can you do any of that?"

Anthony nodded and stood up. He moved his hands rhythmically and created shields. Kurai nodded proudly. "Nice... very impressive."

Anthony's eyes lit up at that. "Thank you."

Kurai noticed the light in his eyes and smile softly.

"What are your powers?" Anthony asked his brother.

"Hm... it's a random bunch. But they work all around telekinesis." He said as he stood up. "I can take control of people." He looked at Anthony and lifted him into the air, and carefully put him down.

"I can create energy blasts, kinda like you." He raised his hand and a blue aura appeared. Anthony's eyes widened.

"And I can lift objects." Objects started to float around the room. Anthony watched in amazement, despite him being able to do the exact same thing. Kurai watched his brothers excitement and chuckled softly.

Kurai put everything and got up. He had an ever so slight limp in the leg he fell on during his skating days. Anthony noticed it of course.

"I saw you're an Olympian..." Anthony said. Kurai looked up slightly.

"Yeah... I was." He turned and looked at Anthony. "Did you see what happened?" Kurai asked him. Anthony nodded his head quickly.

"Dang... I hoped you'd never see that, but I guess it can't be helped." He said as he poured himself a shot of whiskey and poured Anthony some juice.

"Why didn't anyone come help you?" Anthony asked. Kurai chuckled and placed his glass down.

"There are many possibilities. It could be because ... I was dating someone in the mafia, I was better than every white skater out there and they wanted to see the one Japanese kid fail. There are many reasons. But I feel like those are the main two reasons." He said as he handed Anthony his juice.

Kurai sat down and placed his whiskey in front of him on the coffee table. "I know I was shot by mafia rivals, but the people who could've saved me career in those few minutes, sat back and watched me stay on the ground..." he sighed and just drank his whiskey in one go.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Anthony said as he sipped on his juice.

"Don't be... It made me stronger. And taught me to get myself up and not to depend on other people to help me up. Cause who knows, they may help me, and just knock me right back down." Kurai said.

"It's important to be able to get yourself up on your own, but once you depend on others, you'll fall."

"What about your wife? She helped you up." Anthony said.

Kurai smiled softly at the thought of her and nodded. "That's very true... she's the only other person I trust to pick me up."

"What about me?" Anthony asked.

Kurai messed up Anthony's hair. "I won't burden you." He said as he walked over to the other room. Anthony was not too far behind.

Kurai peered in and just watched his wife braid Natashas hair. Mina had hairpins pinned to her hijab and aoife had pins in her hair too.

Anthony gazed at Natasha. She didn't notice him yet, which was why he was being so bold. Kurai noticed Anthony watching her.

"You look at that girl like I do to my wife." Kurai whispered to Anthony.

Anthony looked at Kurai quickly. "What?!" He said in a loud whisper.

"It's okay kid... just keep her around for as long as possible. If you lose her, you'll regret it." He said as he flicked Anthony's head.

Anthony was going to say something when suddenly a portal opened and Kurai was slammed into the wall.

Kurai winced as he kicked the person off of him. Kana heard and rushed out of her room. She moved Anthony behind her and shot blasts at the people attacking her husband.

Anthony could barely tell who was attacking. Kana was suddenly pinned to the ground. Kurais eyes glowed blue. Blue aura flowed off of them as he raise his hand and took control of the people in front of him.

Anthony suddenly realized who those people were. "KURAI! STOP!" Kurai threw them against the wall.

"Why..." he said. He said as helped his wife up.

"Thats my family I told you about..." Anthony said as he ran over to strange.

"Anthony... oh thank goodness you're okay." Anthony helped Stephen up and other.

Kurais eyes were dark. "Why are they here..."

"To get my son." Stephen said as he moved Anthony behind him. Anthony quickly moved between the two before they would try and kill each other.

"Dad... stand down. He's my brother." Anthony said, Stephen's eyes widened. "Brother?" Kurai helped his wife to the other room and closed the door.

"Anthony! You do understand he is a mafia boss. He kills people for a living. For crying out loud, he was hired to kidnap you. Who knows what for..." Stephen glared at Kurai.

"I tried to get him to leave..." Kurai said.

"It doesn't matter... you are a horrible person, and Anthony you shouldn't be here." Stephen said. Wong, Strange, and The Ancient One activated their shields.

"Fighting him isn't going to make things any better! I came here on my own accord, with the others. Don't attack him." Anthony's hands glowed red and so did his eyes.

Kurai looked at Anthony surprised. He looked at Stephen.

"I do recommend you stand down. I'm not afraid to take our avengers, even if you're my brothers family."

Stephen sighed and lowered his hands.

"Fine..."