What it Couldve Been

Wanda winced. "You're strong..."

"Not strong enough..." Anthony said.

Wanda went to shoot a blast at him when she couldn't cast any spells. She winced as he punched her out cold.

He grabbed her Darkhold and panted as she laid there. He ran inside and rushed over to the kids. "Are you two okay!?"

The two children hugged him tightly. "Thank you dad..." the two said. Anthony was hesitant. He then hugged them both as he picked them up and went over to Kylo.

Anthony put the kids down as he knelt down in front of Kylo and wiped blood from his face. "You okay?"

"Y-yeah..." he said as the kids hugged Kylo tightly.

"I thought she was dead... and how did she know where we were?" Kylo asked tiredly.

"Because of me. The only reason I wasn't dead is because there were faint traces of chaos magic in me, and most likely, she absorbed your Anthony's and pretended to have died. She wanted to find your kids because of their magic." Anthony said as he helped Kylo up.

Kylo looked at him and nodded. "Jeremy... may I borrow your sling ring please?" Anthony asked. The little boy handed him his ring and opened a portal to a place he knew best.

It was the New York Sanctum. Anthony ushered the kids through and then helped Kylo through. Kylo senses a protectiveness coming from Anthony.

He didn't mind it.

Since the sanctum had become rundown, Strange wasn't there. Anthony didn't even know where he was.

Anthony got the kids settled in a study room as he opened the Darkhold. He casted a protection spell around the building as he went to the main room.

He had lost track of Kylo but thought it was probably best to leave him alone. He searched in the Darkhold for spell Wanda used to absorbed his magic.

Yes, he still had magic but he was still considerably weaker.

He moved his hands as he searched through the book. His eyes glowed as he did until he saw Kylo walked slowly into the room. It has started to rain outside as his gaze changed from red to back to normal.

Kylo stepped into the room further and looked at him. Anthony had a flashback to when Kylo would come visit him as he was training or practicing.

Kylo looked at him. "Deja vu hm?"

Anthony nodded as he lowered himself to the ground. "Lots of Deja vu today." He said as he looked out the window of the sanctum.

Kylo walked next to him and stayed quiet.

Anthony looked at Kylo. Simply basking in the fact he was alive.

Kylo looked at him. He turned and saw the bags under Anthony's eyes, the dullness in them, the white streak going through his hair.

"Your universe hasn't been kind to you Hm?" Kylo asked softly. Anthony shook his head with a chuckle. "No... no it hasn't."

Kylo carefully reached over and rubbed his cheek with his thumb. Anthony caught glimpse of a wedding ring as a tear went down his face.

"Oh my dear..." Kylo said as he wiped the tears.

"I-I miss you so much. I'm sorry I didn't save you." Anthony lowered his head in shame. He held Kylos hands.

"It's been so hard. So hard to accept that you had to die in my world..." Anthony started to sob.

"I'm sorry too..." Kylo said as Anthony looked at him. Kylo had tears welling in his eyes. "I should've taken your spot when fighting Wanda. The... the world needed you to protect it and I only got in the way."

"No you didn't!" Anthony said.

"You needed to make a choice to save the world... it was a hard choice and I'm sorry you had to make it."'Kylo said sadly.

Two situations that work for both of their worlds.'

Both Anthony's made choices to save their worlds. One Anthony forfeited the chance to live in a world with his children to save the world, and the other Anthony forfeited his chance with his partner to save the world.

Anthony put his forehead against Kylos and closed his eyes. Kylo did the same and took a deep breath. "I miss you..." Kylo said.

"And I miss you too..." Anthony said.

The sound of rain filled the room as Kylo leaned forward and kissed Anthony. Anthony pulled him close to him and kissed him back and teared up.

Anthony felt a peace flow over him. Kylo wrapped his arms around his neck as Anthony broke the kiss slightly.

They stayed there in silence, and still until Kylo lowered his arms. "I'll be with the kids. Don't work yourself to death..." he started to leave when Antony grabbed his wrist and kissed him again.

He pulled away slightly and nodded. "Just in case."

Kylo smiled softly and nodded. "Just in case." Anthony let go of him and watched Kylo walk away.

Anthony turned and took jacket off showing his tattoos. He closed his eyes and floated up as he crossed his legs.

He opens the book with his magic and started to search for the spell. He intended to take the magic of the Wanda of this universe to end her tyranny here and to increase his power index.

He had his own world to protect.

He rapidly scanned for the spell until he stumbled upon it. He pulled the worlds off the page and read them.

He started to practice the spell. He made a clone of himself and practiced absorbing the power.

He tried for hours until he killed his clones by absorbing the power from the clone. He nodded satisfactorily as he started to go more spells in the Darkhold.

The amount of spells he didn't know were tremendous. "Hm... there are some things here that'll be helpful." He said as he lowered himself to the ground.

He sensed Wanda coming towards the sanctum.

His eyes glowed as he snapped his fingers and appeared outside.

Wanda glared and chuckled. "You are a stronger version of whoever I fought last time."

"That is true. But he had more technique, but I have one thing he didn't have." Anthony said.

"And what is that?"

"The Darkhold."