Emotions

Ever have the feeling where you have no idea what you're going to do?

Like your whole world is going to collapse and everything is coming down fast and hard?

Anthony stood holding Kylo close to him. He walked towards his brother and looked at Kurai. "Why... why him..."

Kurai couldn't answer. "I... I don't know. I don't know."

Anthony stood there blankly as portals opened. He glanced up and saw his father walking through with the other group.

He backed up slightly as he saw them. "What happen-" Natasha said as she stopped.

Anthony looked at her. His walls started to fall as she got closer. "Anthony?"

"I-I couldn't save him..." Anthony said quietly. Tears started to go down his face as she stood in front of him.

She looked at Kylo and then carefully took Anthony's arm and moved him towards the portal. "Let's get you to safety first...okay?" She said in an attempt to calm him down.

He nodded and walked over to the portal and immediately muted the world.

He placed Kylo on the medical table and watched as Strange quickly tried to resuscitate him with Christine.

Anthony just... didn't know what to do. Anthony watched blankly as his team came into the room. Terror filled their eye as they saw Kylo lay lifeless on the table.

Anthony stood up and pushed past them all and went to his room. The door slammed behind him, leaving everyone in a state or confusion.

What do we say to him? They all thought. No one knew what to do at all.

Natasha watched the door and then looked back over at Kylos Body. "We let him rest for awhile... he needs it." Natasha says as she walked out of the room as well.

The team follows suit and each heads to their own room to rest.

Stephen was trying to resuscitate him.

He was exhausting himself to the point, Christine grabbed his arm gently and stopped him from doing compressions.

Stephen looked at her with a fearful look. "He's gone, Stephen. Nothing can bring him back." She said quietly.

Stephen teared up as he the thought of his son in anguish rushed through his mind. Stephen looked at Anthony's door and then Kylo.

He lowered his gaze and simply covered the lifeless man with a sheet and went to his sons room.

He knocked gently and then entered the room slowly. Anthony was sitting on the floor looking out the window, gazing over New York with tears in his eyes.

He carefully cradled the necklace Kylo had given him before everything went downhill.

Stephen walked over to his son and sat next to him silently. He looked out the window as it started to rain. Anthony stayed quiet as he fiddled with the necklace.

The room was filled with silence until Anthony sniffled before speaking. "We wanted to be married after all this." He quickly said we he wiped his eyes.

Stephen lowered his gaze as he heard that. "We had wanted to be together for the rest of our lives. I-I... we loved each other so much." Anthony wiped his eyes as He held back the cries that were building in his chest.

Stephen pulled his son into a hug. Anthony hid his head in his fathers shoulder and cried in pain. Stephen teared up as he rubbed his sons back as he tried his hardest not to cry.

"I-I'm so sorry." Stephen said as he cradled his son, who was now bigger than him.

"I'll be right here for you... I promise." Stephen said as he comforted his son.

"I always will."

Stephen stepped out of the room after getting Anthony to fall asleep.

He sat down on the couch and met the gaze of Kurai who was sitting there quietly. Stephen felt a feeling of anger fill him up inside.

"Not even going to speak to you brother..." Stephen said with harsh resentment.

"I can't face him right now..." Kurai said. Stephen just got up and walked past him.

"What did I expect.." Stephen said quietly.

"What the hell do you mean by that?" Kurai said getting you and following him.

"What I mean by that is that you left him. All those years ago to 'protect him' and here you are... in a situation where you have been given the opportunity to protect him and here you are... didn't even try once to protect him..." Stephen said.

Kurai frowned. "I leave him alone so he won't have to suffer more than he has to!"

"He already is suffering! He's been suffering for years! And while you were off running around playing the nomad brother, here people who took the responsibility of making his life better actually stuck around. Trying to lessen the suffering in his life.." Stephen snapped back.

Kurai yanked Stephens collar. "You don't know what you're talking about..."

Stephen grabbed Kurais wrist. "I am his father. I know what I am talking about."

"Only by default you're his father. You aren't even his actual father." Kurai said as he shoved Stephen back.

Stephen looked at Kurai and frowned. "And you don't even act like his brother. At least I have shown that I care for him. For all his life, compared to you becoming a criminal." Stephen shoved him off and walked down the hall.

Kurai teared up and walked into his brothers room quietly. He walked over to Anthony and sat by his bed. He placed his back to him and pulled his knees up to his chest.

He already knew he was a shitty brother, let alone family member. He just glanced over at his sleeping brother who had tears going down his face.

"I-I'm so sorry... I'm sorry you had to pick me over your love..." Kurai said.

Tears were just falling down his face. "Please know I'm so sorry. Please... please...." Kurai had turned around at this point and was holding his hand slightly.

"Please..."