Festival

The next next few days, Kylo was really hoping he could repeat his daily routine. But nope!

He got up, was about to leave, and Anthony stopped him before he could leave the house.

Making him eat something before going to go work down in the town.

This morning it was some sort of stir fry made from vegetables on Kylos planet.

Kylo sat down, like always, and started to eat with Anthony. But only today, Kylo was wearing a very pretty outfit. It looked traditional.

Anthony watched him. Kylo glanced at him. "What..."

"Oh sorry! I was just curious about your attire." He said as he took another bite of food. Kylo finished his food and stood.

"Today is a festival. I'm going to go sell some product while we have more foot traffic." He said as he pulled his shoes on.

"Can I come!?" Anthony asked quickly.

Kylo looked at him. "You need to heal."

"I can walk now without falling!" Anthony said. Kylo did realize that he had been locked up in here healing for almost a week.

Kylo sighed and nodded. "Lemme get you some clothes so they won't think you're suspicious..." he opened a closet and started rummaging through it. He came out with a traditional beaded tunic similar to his, but was longer.

He tossed to Anthony. "Here... wear this. Don't ruin it. I'll be outside." Anthony held it carefully and nodded as he walked out.

Anthony pulled it on carefully and pulled on his shoes. His hair was now at his shoulders. He just adjusted it and walked outside. Kylo looked at him and nearly passed out.

"You- you look presentable." Kylo said. Anthony chuckled. "Thanks. It's very comfortable."

Kylo just nodded and walked ahead of him. Anthony just followed behind him for a bit but then started walking besides him.

"This place is peaceful..." he said quietly. Kylo nodded in agreement.

"It is... especially when living out here in the mountainside, it's comforting to live here." He said as he crossed over a creek.

He turned and extended his hand to Anthony to help him across. Anthony took his hand and walked across quickly.

Kylo was shocked with himself.

He's never done that before.

Never...

Anthony let go of his hand and continued to walk next to him.

"Why do you live alone?" Anthony asked. Kylo continued to look ahead.

"Why not..." he simply said. Anthony nodded and thought it was best not to push further.

The duo made it to the city. It was bustling with excited people dancing around and throwing flowers and such everywhere.

Anthony stayed close to Kylo as they made It to his little stall. He opened it up and started putting out product.

Anthony helped him put out vegetables, but he was clearly distracted by what was going on. "What's this festival for?" Anthony asked.

"It is to celebrate our leaders wedding. They got married and host a planet wide celebration on their love." He said as he took care of his first customer.

Anthony nodded as he liked watching the colors and flowers get thrown everywhere. "Do you participate?" Anthony asked.

"Nope. I only sell to people. I need this revenue." He said as he sold more vegetables to people. Anthony looked around, realizing that most people were in pairs.

"Is it cause you don't have a girlfriend?" Anthony asked. Kylo shot him a look but continued to take care of a customer.

"Heh, I'm right." He said as he continued to sit by Kylo.

"Can I go get some flowers?" Anthony asked. Kylo sighed and looked at him. "Yes, yes you may. Just leave me alone?"

Anthony rolled his eyes and walked off. Kylo watched him go get some flowers and joining in the chaos he called a festival.

He continued to sell until he saw a group of girls going over to him. They were crowding him, but Anthony being Anthony he didn't try to push them away.

He didn't like being surrounded and Kylo recognized this. He frowned and sold his last vegetable and closed the store.

He stepped out and made his way over to Anthony and took his hand. He pulled him over to him and handed him a flower. The girls all backed off and ran away.

"Oh, hello." Anthony said with a chuckle. Kylo flicked his head and let go of his hand.

"Since you're so hellbent on participating in this festival, I'll take you around. Beware, people here don't like me very much, so, if we go back early don't be surprised." He said seriously.

"Understood." Anthony said with a faint smile. He put the flower behind his ear and started to walk with Kylo.

Anthony thought this was the most beautiful event he has even seen... and he's seen many on earth.

"Wanna find a snack to eat?" Kylo asked Anthony. Anthony nodded as Kylo found a stall. He grabbed some fruit skewers and handed one to Anthony.

Anthony nodded his head in thanks and started to eat. Kylo watched him as Anthony waved and smiled at people.

He sighed as they made their way down to the docks. It was much quieter down here by the water, but there was still activity. Kylo stood at the end of the dock as Anthony was talking to someone.

He closed his eyes as Anthony walked over to him.

"Why is everyone calling me miss?" Anthony asked. Kylo jumped slightly.

"Oh! Uh... it's because the um... tunic you're wearing is meant for uh... ladies. And well I gave you a flower." He said.

Anthony was surprised. "Oh wow... this comfortable. Wait- the flower had a meaning?" He said looking at Kylo.

"Yes... it had a meaning. It means that you are well... how is it said on earth. Taken?" He said as looked at Anthony.

Anthony smirked. "You didn't like those girls being all over me huh..." Kylo turned and looked back over the water.

"I didn't want them harassing you since you're still recovering." He said as he watched the water. Anthony was a bit surprised by that answer.

"Hm. Thank you." He said as he walked to the edge of the dock. He stood there and watched the sunset, as Kylo did the same behind him.

Kylo watched the sunset but his gaze drifted over to Anthony. He took a deep breath as he sighed. "Let's head back."

Anthony nodded. As he turned he tripped and was about to fall into the water. Kylo grabbed his wrist and him towards him, stopping him from falling into the water.

Anthony held onto him and looked at him surprised.

Kylo sighed and pulled him onto the dock carefully. "Be more careful... understood?!"

Anthony just nodded as Kylo let go of his wrist.

"Just... be careful. Let's go." Kylo walked ahead of him.

Anthony froze slightly and eventually snapped out of it, and caught up with him.