Acceptance

Anthony's eyes opened. He looked around and didn't see his father. He winced as he tried to lift his arms.

"Dad?!" He said panicked. He looked and saw the lab. He looked forward and saw two blurred faces. Static covered their faces as he sat in this chair, his hands chained to the arms.

He remembered where he was. He panicked as he saw a man with a blurred face walk over to him.
"Touch this when we tell you to."

He looked at the face and saw the static disappear. His father. He could hardly call out to him. His father pushed up his glasses and left the room.

"Alright, Anthony, touch the stone." Anthony looked at it. He refused.

He closed his eyes and opened them, found himself behind his parents in the safest part of the lab. The static on his mother's face stayed there as his fathers face started to get blurry again.

"He won't survive..." his father said.

Anthony looked at him. He teared up and watched a child in the chair, cry as power consumed him. Suddenly a power surge came from the boy and blew up the lab.

Anthony stood there looking at the little boy who was on the ground. Debris fell around him. He was familiar with this part of the memory. The boy standing there in horror, crying out in pain.

Since that moment, Anthony had blocked out the fact he killed his parents by accident, probably trying to spare himself the pain anguish.

The little boy screamed and cried as he sat down. "I-I'm sorry... IM SORRY!" He held his head as a red aura filled the room.

Minutes went by until Anthony turned and saw his father walk into the room. His gaze was strict and in a frown, until he saw the child.

His gaze turn into one of concern and sadness. He watched Stephen walked over and pick up the boy. A wave of relief washed over Anthony as he watched this memory he thought was so distant.

"I got you..." strange said.

Anthony was suddenly surrounded by black. He turned and saw his younger self sitting with strange by a fireplace. Strange was half asleep as Anthony read through a scroll.

"These are easy to understand dad!" The little boy said as he looked at his father.

"Good..." strange said as he opened his eyes. He looked at his son and smiled tiredly. "You're going to be stronger than me one day."

The boy smiled and nodded. "I know."

Anthony teared slightly at that. He turned again and saw his father standing there.

"You are a beautiful human, Anthony. You've become more than I ever thought. But, for you to live, you have to accept and embrace that power within you." Strange said as he looked at him.

"I can't... it's not mine. I was forced to have it.." Anthony said. He looked down at his hands.

"Then make it yours. Make the people who gave it to you regret thinking you were going to be a failed experiment. Prove them all wrong, and show the world the talent you have..." strange said with conviction.

Anthony teared up. "What if I fail..."

"You won't... you have people here to support you, you will never fail, as long as you keep trying." Strange said as he walked over and held his hands.

Anthony felt a seed of confidence grow in him.

"Are you ready?" Stephen asked. Anthony nodded and looked at him.

"Good..." Stephen let go of his hands as a red aura filled the darkness and Anthony's eyes glowed red.

"Show the world who you are..."

Strange sat by Anthony. His leg bouncing. He felt the room heat up slightly. He glanced up and saw that a red aura was filling the room.

Everyone took a step back, wondering what was happening. Suddenly an energy pulse shot out and Anthony shot go with a jolt. He breathed quickly as he held himself up. He looked around the room, scanning for his father.

He turned and saw his dad. Stephen hugged him tightly and sighed in relief. "You're okay..." Anthony hugged him tightly and nodded.

"T-thank you dad..." Anthony said quietly.

Yao , Wong and Christine ran over, embracing the boy. Anthony just smiled, reassuring them he was fine.

Some time goes by and Christine is doing a check up on Anthony. Some cuts a bruises from the attack Wanda gave him, but most curiously, his hands were now a gradient between his skin Tone and the color black.

"So... there isn't any nerve damage, your hand is fully functional, you're not in pain so it's most likely just a side effect from the magic you were using." She said as she took her mask off.

Anthony nodded slightly. He glanced at her. "Have you and my dad been talking at all?" He said.

She looked at him surprised. "Uh... a little. Why?"

"No reason... just wondering if you guys are still friends." He said as he looked down at his hands.

She smiled softly and held his hand. "Don't be nervous okay? I think your hands look cool." Anthony held her hand slightly and nodded.

"Thank you Christine..." he looked at her and smiled softly. She nodded as she moved his hair out of his face.

"Try not to scare us like the again okay? You got a family and team here who care about you." She said as she let go of his hand and stood up.

"I'll try not to."'he said with a chuckle. He moved his legs over the edge of the bed and stood up slowly.

"Good. Make sure to rest okay, and please... don't be afraid of your new power okay? This is you now. Embrace kid." She poked his head.

He nodded slightly as he looked outside the window. "I will, well, I'll try to. Don't worry..." he looked at her and smiled.

"I'll make it my own."'