Chapter 72

After Eveyln spoke, we all stayed in awkward silence before someone else spoke first.

"So what do we do now?" Kaitlyn asked.

"I-" As I were about to speak we all got a message and I'm pretty sure we know who its from.

Unknown:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! What an emotional ride that was... see being honest isn't so bad now, right...

~Black Masked

"This evil motherfu-" Ava was about to say when I cut her reminding her we were.

"Ava." I called her as her dad raised his eyebrows.

"I mean evil creature." She said.

"What do we do now? Just wait for the person that's torturing us to just let Ronnie out?" Kaitlyn asked.

"The tiger letting go of its prey isn't exactly a thing." Jackson said.

"So what do we do? My daughter is-" Aria was cut off with the sounds of knocking on the front door.

We all looked at each other to see whose gonna answer it as the knocking continues.

"I'll get it?" Scott said walking to the front as we all followed him.

"Who is it?" Aria asked.

"There's a delivery for you." One of cops said handing Scott the bouquet of roses.

"Who's it from?" Scott asked.

"All they said it was from a friend. And as of ten minutes ago, all charges were drop, so we would no longer need to be here." He said.

"Thank you." Scott said. I can see a sigh of relief from everyone's faces. After moving back to the living room, we all looked at the bouquet of flowers, probably thinking the same thing.

"Comes with a card, how special of nice thing of our friend." Scott said taking out the card and handing the bouquet to Kaitlyn who sniffed the bouquet and made a disgust look.

"Well? Whose it from?" Aria asked.

"Peter Pan..." He said humorously and Aria gave him an annoyed looked.

"Its too obvious." I said.

"Guess..?" He asked.

"Black Masked." We all said in unison and he raised his eyebrows showing us the card.

To My Amazing Friends.
Time to put an end to this.
Come to the given address if you want to see her again.
You have forty five minutes, come alone,
SEE YOU SOON ARIA
This isn't over yet, since day one..

"What does that suppose to mean?" Ava asked.

"It means that everything, since day one, is on me. Whoever this Black Masked is, they aren't after any of you, they're after me. I am the reason for it all." Aria said as tears fill her eyes.

"No its not. You can't blame yourself for this kind of shit." Scott said.

"All of this started since I became pregnant. If I had just stayed at home that night, none of this, none of you would be here. This person has a hatred for me for almost twenty years." Aria said.

"Aunt Ria. I know this is a really hard time but... you gotta be strong. Veronica needs you, I need you, we all need you. We need to end this once and for all." I said as I hugged her.

"I know, I know baby. Okay, okay... I need to do this." She said. Soon she got a text message, guessing it's the address.

*******
"Aria, I'm gonna come with you." Scott said grabbing his keys as Aria came downstairs wearing a shirt, jeans, shoes and leather jacket.

"Absolutely not! They want me, so they get me!" Aria said.

"I'm coming whether you like it or not!" Scott said.

"My daughter's life is on the line! Scott!" She yelled.

"Oh God, not this again." I whispered.

"She's my daughter too!" Scott yelled.

"Should we say something?" Kaitlyn whispered next to me.

"I'll stay in the car." He said.

"Okay, okay." Aria said.

"Be careful aunt Ria." I said hugging her.

"I will, take care of the girls here okay." She said and I nodded.

"Stay safe." Jackson said.

"Yeah, and be sure to SOS us if you need backup." Kaitlyn said.

"Thanks. But I already got backup." She said taking out her gun and locking it.

"Damn." Ava said.

******
Aria's POV....

We arrived at the destination in about half hour, which happened to be an abandoned warehouse, that seemed awfully familiar

"This place... why do I feel..." I said staring out the window.

"Familiar?" Scott asked and I looked at him.

"Yeah." I said.

"Aria, this is the place where Veronica was held captive." He said and my eyes widen.

"Shit! Whoever this person is, they hold an extremely tight grudge." I said. After a few minutes I gathered my strength and was about to leave when Scott grabbed my arm.

"Hey...I uh... before you go, I just have to get this out of my chest." He said and I looked at him confused with arched eyebrows.

"What is it?" I asked.

"When we were talking, some time ago... well arguing, I mentioned that if I had just stood by your side and not leave that day when you told me about Veronica, then none of this-" He started but I cut him off.

"Hey, we can't- don't do this now. The past is the past.." I said but he cut me off and spoke.

"I know, I know and even if it was a one night stand or whatever, I did truly love you and I never stopped loving you." He said and I squeezed my eyes shut before opening it back inhaling deeply.

"Scott... Ivy, Isabella they're-" I started.

"I know. I love you and I know you love me too, we may not be in love but we do love each other." He said and smiled a little.

"Yeah, we do.. we do love each other. Platonic soulmates till the end." I said.

"Wish we could of had a proper goodbye for this but now isn't the time." He said.

"I'll be back soon with our daughter." I said and smiled nodding. I leaned in and kissed his cheeks before leaving.

"Be careful!" He said.

"I will." I responded. I took one look back at him before leaving, I don't even know why I did that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡