Chapter 57

"What did you do?" He asked and I close my eyes tightly.

"The day you left and I stayed at your place... I found out something heartbreaking. It was so painful, I left in a hurry, I drank to the point where I didn't know myself, and I kissed someone who wasn't you, twice. Second one was definitely not on me though." I said.

"Ronnie. Seriously? I don't care, as long as you chose m-" I then cut him off.

"Its not the kiss I cared much about. Its what caused me to do that, what I found out." I said.

"Which is?" He asked and I felt tears falling off my eyes as he place his hands on my shoulders as we faced each other.

"Your mother." I said and he looked me with a hurt expression.

"What about her?" He asked tensed.

"She was killed by the Johnson's, my family Johnson." I said sobbing as his hands dropped. He took a few steps back looking away.

"How.. why... what makes you think it's your family?" He asked pulling out a gun. A gun?! Is he gonna kill me?

"Jayden. I heard the story from the maids. And then I put it into pieces." I said. He then clicked his gun and started shooting it at the lake. I screamed in tears at the sound of it.

"Sorry. I scared you. I had to let that go." He said as he flung his gun in the Lake.

"I'm so sorry!" He then came and hugged me but I pushed him away and ran off.

"Veronica! Wait! Ronnie!" He called out as he followed me. I quickly got into my car and drove off. He ran behind the car and then stopped placing his hands on his knees gasping for air.

As I was driving, I started screaming and crying. Why did it have to hurt so much to do that?!

I stopped my car in the middle of nowhere and started crying and screaming.

Suddenly the song Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You started playing.

'Nothing's gonna change my love for you, you ought to know by now how much I love you-'

"What the hell?!" I said as I realize where I was. I quickly started back my car and drove off.

The girls had texted me that they were at the Johnson's Mansion, so I ended up going there. I dried my face and tried to make it look normal before heading in.

"Hey guys. Where's Evelyn?" I asked. Turns out my red eyes couldn't really cover it.

"She left, she had an emergency call or something. What happened?" Kaitlyn quickly asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"Well I've heard something." My mother said as I looked at her confused. The girls all looked away.

"What?" I asked.

"I heard you got a boyfriend?" She asked.

"Whose got a boyfriend?!" Scott asked walking in and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't have a boyfriend... anymore." I said and the girls look confused a bit before realizing.

"Oh!" Kaitlyn and Selena said.

"So uhm..." My mother said, everything felt so awkward now.

"I'm gonna show you guys my room?" I said taking them with me. As we all went into my room, I immediately locked my door and turn to face them.

"Well, care to explain?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Firstly, I met Jayden. Turns out I had to tell him everything. From the kiss to the fact how his mother died, because of the Johnsons." I said.

"What what- I'm confused." Selena said looking at Ava.

"Don't look at me, I'm just as lost as you are." She said.

I then took the time to explain how I found out, to the kiss part.

"Who'd you kiss?" Ava asked and I looked at Kaitlyn.

"Not important right now- but yeah. I think it's about time we put an end to Black Masked once and for all." I said.

"Agreed!" They said.

"But how?" Ava asked.

"We bring back the old team. Our parents." I said, Ava and Kaitlyn looked confused.

"They once had a similar thing. It's a long story but we tell them and we figure it out from them." Selena said.

"Will they believe us?" Kaitlyn asked.

"They have to, I have proof." I said and they looked at me worried.

"Agreed!" They said.

"Okay so before we do that, which one of you rattled me out to my mom about having a boyfriend?" I asked and both Selena and Kaitlyn pointed to Ava.

"Seriously? Thanks a lot guys." Ava said and I laughed.

"Mom!" I called out to her as we all walked down. Luckily Ava's dad was still there. Aunt Ivy was also there.

"Ronnie? Girls, what's wrong?" She asked as we walked up to them.

"There's something we need to tell you." I said and she looked at us.

"What? Oh God, please don't say you're pregnant." Aunt Ivy said as she scrunched her nose.

"What? No!" I said. The others held back their laughs as I rolled my eyes.

"So what is it?" Aria asked.

"Its back." Selena said looking at them.

"What's back?" Scott asked. I looked at the others as they nod their heads in agreement.

"Girls, what's going on? What's back?" Aunt Ivy asked.

"Black Masked." I said. And with those words I saw my mother and Scott's faces dropped in fear as they all looked at each other.

"Not possible." My mother said in a low voice.

"What?!" Aunt Ivy asked.

"Are you sure- this isn't something to be playing with-" Scott said.

"Why would we joke about that?" Kaitlyn asked.

"It started when Veronica and Kaitlyn started college and then we all began getting those text messages." Ava said.

"We ended it years ago! How?! Whose behind it?!" My mother asked.

We all then suddenly got a text message. And everyone looked at us.

Unknown:

Oops, seems like the secrets out. I warned you not to spill your guts to anyone.. In 3, 2, 1 KABOOM!

~Black Masked

"What is it?" Jackson asked as we all looked up terrified. Suddenly there was knocking on the door which cause us to flinch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡