Chapter 39

"Ms Veronica." Mary greeted.

"Oh please call me Veronica." I said.

"Hi Veronica, I'm Josette." The raven haired introduced herself.

"Well I'm Veronica as you know. Nice to meet you." I said and they smiled.

"You are really such a kind heart and beauty." Mary complimented and I smiled.

"Thank you. You both have welcomed me warmly, great persons you are." I said and they smiled thanking me.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is your last name?" Josette asked.

"Jo!" Mary said to her.

"It's alright. Its Veronica Johnson." I said.

"Oh." They said as they both looked at each other before looking back at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just, that the last name Johnson brings up a lot of... uhmm memories." Mary said.

"Good ones I hope." I said.

"Unfortunately not." Josette said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Mrs Kim. Jayden's mother died by the hands of one of their rivalries by the name Johnson." Mary said. Oh! What are the odds- No! No! It has to be a coincidence!

"Do you know the names of this Johnson's people?" I asked.

"Not sure. But why would you want to know?" Josette asked.

"Just... uhm. Out of curiosity. So I'll make sure my family has no business with them." I said.

"Oh. Your family is also business people?" Josette asked. Gosh, she's like a lawyer.

"Yes. Well something like that." I said.

"I think Brent or Brendan or something." Mary said. Dear God, please don't let it be this.

"Or Brandon Johnson?" I asked.

"Yes! Do you know him?" Mary asked. I felt my breathe stuck on my throat.

I then got a text message which got the attention of Mary and the other person.

"Veronica? Everything okay?" Josette asked.

"I need to go!" I said before quickly rushing back to the room and closing the door. Of course, it's from Black Masked.

Unknown:

Hurt much? I really do feel bad for you. Tell you what, I'm gonna give you tonight off to let you process in your head ;)

~Black Masked.

I felt the hot tears rolling down my face.

"It is all true." I said as I covered my mouth with one hand as I stared at my phone. Can't be!

"I need to get out of here!" I grabbed my bag with the clothes and everything before rushing back out. I forget my car was at home.

"Ms Veronica. Do you need to go somewhere?" One of the guard asked and I nodded.

"I forgot my business text books at home. Need to get it back." I said.

"Its already so late. Can you get it tomorrow?" He asked.

"I have an assignment due and I already missed a few classes so I'm late behind." I said. Which was technically sort of true.

"Okay." He said. After arriving at home, I stayed in the car for a few seconds.