Chapter 38

I met Jayden and now I'm sipping from my milkshake while he's staring at me, trying to make sense of everything.

"So, your uncle is your biological father, and the father you know, who died, is really your uncle?" He asked.

"Uhh hmmm... yeah, you're right." I said.

"So what are you gonna do now?" He asked.

"Honestly I don't know. I can't exactly go back to the apartment yet and I have skipped so many classes already, so I thought you'd give me ideas." I said sipping my drink.

"Why don't you stay with me for a while? We can go to our classes together and we..we can-" I then cut him off.

"Jayden! Look its really sweet that you're offering but it would look bad." I said.

"What are you talking about? Then would you rather go back to the apartment?" He asked.

"Maybe.. I don't know." I said. He then took my hand in his and looked at me.

"Staying with me, you'll be safe there, no worries about anything." Jayden said.

"Jayden... your dad doesn't seem like the having guess type." I said.

"He's barely at home." He said.

"I'll think about it. For now, lets eat. I'm starved!" I said and he smiled.

After a while of complete silence, Jayden spoke first.

"Veronica?" He called to me and I immediately looked up to him.

"Hm?" I answered.

"I-" As he was about to speak, he got a call.

"Excuse me." He said as he got up and left. Not long after, Jayden return back to his seat.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Except, I'll be out with my dad. We have some shipping and meeting business with someone... I don't know much detail about it yet." Jayden said.

"Oh." I said.

"The house will be empty if you wanna stay." He said.

"Jayden. I really don't wanna disturb or-" I started but he cut me off by grabbing my hand.

"Veronica! Please! There'll be guards and maids in the house, which you'll be safe at and I won't have to worry much." He said.

"Okay, I'll think it through." I said.

"What's there to think through? Just say yes. Please!" He said.

"Okay okay. At least let me grab some clothes from home." I said.

"No worries. I'll tell Mary to prepare them for you." He said.

"Jayden!" I said.

"Okay fine." He said and I smiled.

After paying for the foods, we both left to my home. He waited outside for me while I stuck back inside. The lights were off and the place was a bit dark. The place seemed deserted and lonely as if no one's home.

I went to my room and packed a few clothes, and taking a few personal stuffs before making way out. I was trying to be as silent to avoid any more troubles.

As I was approaching the door, the lights came on.

"Where'd you think you're going?" I asked. I closed my eyes tightly before exhaling slowly and reopening them before slowly turning around.

"Out." I said.

"Where's out?" Aunt Ivy asked.

"To visit my dad's grave." I lied. Sorry dad, I'd totally make up for it.

"At this time?" She asked folding her arms.

"Hm hm." I hummed yes.

"Veronica you're holding a bag, which I'm guessing is filled with clothes. So where exactly..." I then cut her off.

"Look aunt Ivy. I really can't deal with this right now. I'm sorry." I said before leaving. I can feel the disappointment atmosphere coming from her.

******
After arrivig at Jayden's house, which was a huge mansion similar to mines by the way, I got out and he helped me with my bag.

"This is it." He said. It was a light grayish color.

"Woah." I said as we walked in. Most of the interior are black and white. Perfect for the mafias.

"Mary?!" He called.

"This place is beautiful!" I said.

"Thanks. Was it your expectation?" He replied.

"Totally my expectations, I mean it totally screams mafia." I said and he laughed.

"You called?" A lady asked approaching us. I'm guessing she's Mary.

"Mary this is Veronica. A very important guess of mines. Since I'll be out with my father, I trust that you'll take good care of her?" Jayden said.

"Yes sir." She said.

"Sir?" I said in a low voice. I think Jayden heard me questioning.

"Mary. I told you many times, call me Jayden." He said and I smiled and Mary also smile with a nod.

After showing me to my room, I rest my bag on the bed and plugged in my phone to charge.

"Hey. I'm gonna be off." Jayden said walking in.

"Be careful." I said.

"I will." He said. I hugged him tightly and he responded the same. After pulling away we both then stared at each other's eyes before closing the gap.

We then broke the kiss when we heard someone knocking the door. Our foreheads was still on each other's and our eyes closed.

"Time to go." He said.

"Please be careful." I said.

"I will. I'll see you in a few days." He said and I nodded.

"I'll be waiting." I said as the knocking continues.

"Coming!" He said as he kissed my forehead before leaving. I watched as he left as I then went back to the room.

I got bored after a while, so I decided to check around the house. I came across the living room, it doesn't really have much photos. It basically has like a few. One caught my eye though.

"Well well." I said as I picked it up. It was a little boy I'm guessing is Jayden, his father and mother. She's so beautiful. I then put the photo back and started looking for the kitchen. I was suddenly thirsty.

As I was walking, I finally found it but I stopped on my tracks and tried to listened. It sounded like Mary and some other person, another maid I guess.

Damn I couldn't hear anything! I heard a faint word like baby or something but couldn't recognized it. I then thought of an idea. I walked in and all the attention went on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡