Chapter 18

Veronica's POV....

After returning to our apartment, Selena and Ava was finished with their dinner and we're all just sitting in the living room.

Ava was reading her novel on the sofa while Kaitlyn rested her head on Ava's laps playing on her phone while her legs was stretched across over my laps on the other end of the sofa.
I was just scrolling through social media while Selena was busy typing away on her laptop sitting on the floor with her legs cross next to Ava.

Jayden:
Hey princess, how you doing? Thinking about me? *wink wink*

Should I reply this idiot? Well it's not like I have anything else to do anyways.

Me:
Keep dreaming idiot.. *eye rolls*

I know we can just send emoji instead of actually typing the eye rolls and so on but it to me, I think in this way, there's more meaning to it you know.

Jayden:
Oh c'mon princess. We still got our next date tomorrow. And since its Friday I'm sure it'll be special.. *smirks *

I reread the message before actually rolling my eyes. As I was about to put away my phone another message came in. Geez this boy is something else!

Unknown:
Tell Ava everything or Jayden's family will be making deals with the devil himself ...

~Black Masked

What the hell?! I then quickly looked up from my phone to see Ava busy in her novel. I felt my breathing becoming more and more heavy! I then got another text message.

Unknown
Don't test me princess. Ill give u the options, u have until your date night tomorrow :) choose wisely

~Black Masked

I tried to text back this creep but the messages keep bouncing back.

"Ronnie? Are you okay?" I heard Selena asked as I looked up from my phone. Everyone was looking at me now.

"Fine. I'm fi- " I couldn't finish my sentence, I just quickly got up and run inside my room.

"Ronnie!" I heard the others calling. I then run inside the bathroom and locked the door. I rest my phone on the sink side and I then turn the water on and splash some to my face.

"If I tell Ava she will hate me, if I don't then Jayden's secret will be out and he will hate me. Either ways someone is gonna hate me tomorrow." I said looking at the mirror as tears fell from my eyes.

"Ronnie! Everything okay in there?!" Kaitlyn asked knocking on the door. I sniff before answering.

"Yeah! I'm good. Just a but nauseous! Be out soon!" I lied.

"Okay! But do you need anything?" She asked.

"No! I'm all good, thanks!" I said.

"Okay but call us if you need anything!" She said.

"Okay!" I said.

"What do I do? This creepy person cannot be trusted, they're capable of anything. I have to tell Ava, either ways  its my family after all. Jayden's whole life and family life will be at risk." I said wiping my tears.

I washed my face before drying it off with my towel and then walking out.

"Ronnie!" They called me.

"Are you good?" Kaitlyn asked and I then looked at Ava.

"There's something I need to tell you." I said keeping my eye on Ava.

"What?" Selena asked. I then looked at her. Shit! I forgot about her! As much as me and Selena aren't on good terms, this will ruin their friendship as well. Unless she know's about it already?!

"Veronica?" Selena called me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Ronnie, you were about to tell me something?" Ava asked.

"Yeah uhmm, I needed help... with something." I lied.

"Okay, what is it?" She asked and even Kaitlyn was looking confused.

"Uh, sorry if I scared you guys. Its about an assignment. As you all know Selena and I aren't on good talking terms so I'm asking you." I said and everyone looked relieved. Selena then went back to her laptop.

"You scared us there babes." Kaitlyn said walking back to the sofa.

"Okay, what's the assignment about?" Ava asked.

"I'll give you the details tomorrow, right now... I'm still hella confused with everything. Still making a decision." I said looking away.

"Okay. Tell me whenever you're ready." She said and I smiled with a nod.

**********
Jayden's POV...

The next day at school went by smoothly, well except for one thing. I don't know why but I feel as if Veronica is avoiding me, she hasn't answered any of my texts and I've only met with Kaitlyn. Speaking off, as I was about to walk past the brick wall I saw Kaitlyn and Rose talking.

Rose was one of the girls from the cafeteria with the other girl Olive and the other two guys James and Baron.

"It was nice to meet you Rose." Kaitlyn said.

"You too Katie bear." Rose said. Hey! That's my name for her!

After Kaitlyn and Rose were finish talking, Rose left and I walked in tapping her shoulders which cause her to flinch.

"Geez! Don't sneak up like that!" She said.

"So you really weren't interested in the James or Baron." I said as we walked to the cafeteria.

"What?! I don't kn- " Kaitlyn started but I cut her off.

"Kaitlyn its okay. I see the way you look at Rose." I said.

"I..don't know." She said.

"Its alright. Just follow your heart. You don't have to listen to the world." I said.

"Jayden! I don't know what you're talking about." Kaitlyn said and left, I just smiled as I followed her into the cafeteria. But Veronica was still nowhere to be found.

"Where's my princess?" I asked Kaitlyn.

"Your princess?!" She said knitting her eyebrows together.

"She isn't at her usual seat." I said as we both walked over to the seats.

"Relax bad boy, she'll be here soon." Kaitlyn said as she sat down.

"Bad boy?" I asked.

"Yes." She said and I laughed. I collected my lunch from the cafeteria before heading back to the seat.

"So we gotta wait for Veronica to get here?" I asked.

"She'll be here soon." Kaitlyn said.

"You should try texting her since she isn't answering from my number." I said looking around avoiding eye contact.

"Okay..." Kaitlyn said dragging the word  'okay '.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡