Chapter 60

After arriving to our destination, Aria, myself, Mr Cooper and two other person was escorted through the hallways.

"This place gives the heebs geebs." I said in a low voice.

"Tell me about it." Aria said and almost laughed.

"Alright. So you both would have a limited time of twenty minutes. If anything is seen or done suspicious or threatening, you will be forced out." One of the prison officers said.

"Understood." We said agreeing.

Evelyn gave us the idea to wear a tiny microphone speaker hidden in our shirts so they can hear the conversation with Veronica. Aria and I also wore a tiny ear comms, so we can hear the others from home if they wanna ask anything.

Luckily we weren't searched before entering as much as we thought we would of. She only searched for weapons and took away our phones.

"Mom!" Veronica called as she saw us.

"Ronnie!" We called her.

"Kaitlyn! I'm so glad to see you guys." She said her eyes tearing up.

"Please maintain your distance and be seated." The officer warned us. Aria and I sat across the table from Veronica who was handcuff to it.

"My sweet child. What happened?" Aria asked.

"Mom, I didn't do it! I promise!" Veronica said.

"I know baby! I know!" She said wanting to grab Veronica's hand but we couldn't have any body contact.

"Kaitlyn, I'm so sorry you all- I don't even know-" Veronica tried rushing down her sentence.

"Hey hey! Its okay. We'll get through this, alright. Together we can do anything." I said and she sniffed.

"Tell her we said hi." Selena said through our earpiece.

"The others wanted us to tell you hello." I said. I quickly but made it look not suspicious, move my hair from covering my ears to show Veronica the earpiece and she gave me a quick nod to say she understood what's happening.

"Have you eaten?!" Aria asked to kill the time.

"I don't really have much of an apetite." She said.

"None us seem to." I said.

"We're running out of time." Ava said.

"What?" I asked and they both looked at me, also causing a little look from the guard.

"Shhh! Undercover remember!" Ava said.

"Oh no, I was trying to sneeze but seems like I don't even have an apetite for that." Veronica said nervously.

"Seeing you can joke, you don't seem to be doing too bad." Aria said as we smile.

"Guys, Ava's right. We are running out of time." Evelyn said.

"I don't even know what to say or ask.." Aria said stretching on the ask, for the others to give her questions. Dang... mama Ria can be a spy, like she was trained for it.

"Ask her, the first time Black Masked contacted her." Ivy said through the ear piece.

"As you know. We are here to her much information so we can help you. Tell us the first time you got contacted by... Black Masked, can you remember anything?" Aria ask in a low voice.

"Uhm... I honestly barely remember a thing." She said.

"Try baby please." Aria said.

"Well I think it was the first time we moved to the apartment...uhm I had a argument with the other girls as we met because at that time I sort of hated Selena, I stormed out, went to the bar or something, I met Evelyn there and...and...also met Jayden- came back home and found a note in my room... like a greeting." She said.

"Whose Jayden?" Aria asked.

"Yeah, who the fu- I mean heck is Jayden?" Scott asked from the comms.

"Her boyfriend." Kaitlyn said.

"Ex boyfriend." Veronica said.

"Ex boyfriend?" Scott asked.

"The one she hooked up at the bar with?" Evelyn asked.

"Hooked up at the bar?!" Kaitlyn asked.

"Shit!" Evelyn said regretfully.

"What?!" Scott and Aria asked at the same time.

"Seriously?! How'd you even know that?" Veronica asked.

"Evelyn accidentally said it just now in front of everyone?" Kaitlyn said.

"Good thing she did... else I would of been kept in the dark like a fool." Aria said.

"I'm still wanting to know who Jayden is and his background here!" Scott said.

"Is that important?!" Ivy asked.

"It is to me. Ask her!" Scott said and Aria sighed annoyed rolling her eyes.

"Scott- I mean- what's this Jayden background?" Aria asked.

"He's a good person with very good parents." Veronica said.

"Psstt!" I hissed and Veronica looked at me with betrayed eyes.

"What's with that?" Aria asked looking at me.

"Nothing." I said too quickly.

"That had to meant something." Scott said.

"Aren't we behind time?" Jackson Benson asked.

"Thank you!" Ivy said.

"What did you mean, c'mon spill it." Aria said.

"Only that they're... his mother died when he was very young." I said.

"How?" Aria and Scott asked at the same time.

"Oh greatness-" Ivy said hitting her forehead, I'm assuming.

"How would we-" I was about to say until Veronica spoke.

"My grandparents killed her, and my father was apart of that." She said and I felt everyone get silenced.

"Uh- I'm sor- wait were they business  people as well?" Aria asked.

"How's that important?" Ava asked.

"It is. Tell me if they are." Aria asked.

"Kind of." Veronica said.

"What do you mean kind of ?" Aria asked.

"Oh geez, they're drugs people, mafias!" I said out of frustration.

"Kaitlyn!" Veronica said.

"Mafia!" Scott yelled.

"Ouch!" Both Aria and I said in a low voice.

"Scott!" Ivy said.

"Sorry!" He said.

"Is everything alright there?" The guard asked.

"Yes officer sir.. just some old memory lane." I said nervously.

"Hooking up with mafias, and at a bar?! What the hell happened- in fact since when do you even drink alcohol?!" Aria asked wanting to yell but maintain her tone.

"Since I've known it?" She said casual.

"Huh.." Scott said.

"You really are your father's daughter." Aria said shaking her head.

"My dad or bio one?" She said.

"Could you not right now with this?" Aria said.

"Pretty sure she meant uncle Scott." Selena said.

"Back to the questionnaire! We are running out of time!" Ivy said.

"Okay okay. Know what, I'll deal with this whole topic next time... for now... tell us everything you know about Black Masked. Every blackmailed, everything they told you." Aria said.

For some reason, I can see and feel the tension of Jackson and Veronica. After everything that had happened between them that they haven't told anyone still... I wonder if Veronica would mention it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡