Chapter 30

We drove in silence all the way to the given address. As we arrived, I parked and Kaitlyn quickly got out the car. I immediately followed after her.

"Kaitlyn! Kaitlyn! Can we talk?! Please?!" I called her as she was walking away. She stopped and turned around.

"What happened to being best friends and telling each other, helping each other get through this is what it all means?! You lied!" She said.

"Kaitlyn I made a promise to Jayden." I told her as I walked in front of her.

"And what about your promise to me?" She asked.

"I wanted to but I- I didn't have much of a choice. Black Masked used him once on me and-" I stopped mid sentence to allow myself to breathe.

"Wait! Don't say you revealing your identity to Ava and causing my mother to go to prison is apart of it?" She said.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Well since we both lied and hid something, we're even. But from now on, no more secrets between us." She said holding my hands and I smiled nodding.

"I promise! Pinky swear!" I said and we crossed our fingers then hugged. We both then headed in.

"Passes?" The guard at the front gate ask. I then showed him, he nodded as Kaitlyn and I both nod back and walked in.

"Passes? This place must be hella important." She said.

"It is." I said. I then got another message.

Unknown:
Go to the room that has the X label. Look behind the painting and take the package...

~Black Masked.

"Yikes. That painting is creepy me out. Must be worst in person." Kaitlyn said.

"No wonder black masked sent us here." I said.

"Ronnie?!" I turn to see Evelyn.

"Eve. Hey!" I greeted her.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked confused.

"Uhmm... our families... companies, they-" I looked at Kaitlyn for help.

"They- sent an invitation. So we came together." She said as we both smiled nervously. Pretty sure she figured we're lieing.

"Oh. What-" Someone then came next to Evelyn, a guy dress in a tuxedo and whispered something to her.

"Okay. Hey girls. I'll have to catch up with you both later. I got something really important to attend to." She said.

"Sure. We'll be around." I said. She smiled before leaving.

"Gosh! I hope no one recognizes us here." Kaitlyn said.

"True." I said. I then got another text message.

Unknown:
Stop wasting time and get to it. Time is clicking... tic tock..

~Black Masked.

"We better get going." I said to her. We then looked around and walked in further. We greeted the other guest as we walked through the crowd.

"Which way?" I asked her as we stood in the middle of the hall looking both ways.

"I'm guess this where the scooby doo comes in as we split up?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Sure, something like that." I said. We both then walked to either ends of the halls.

There were barely any doors here. Let alone one with a X on it. Hmmm... should I message Kaitlyn? All I saw was almost to the end, one door with red tape over it. But that's all.

Me:
Kaitlyn, have you found anything?

After a few seconds she replied.

Kaitlyn:
Nothing... be right with you..

She said as I walked back I felt someone was following me. I turned back to see that the hallway was empty and only the maids doing their jobs. As I turned back around I bumped into someone.

"Jesus!" I said flinching.

"Chill its me." Kaitlyn said.

"Let's go." I said and she nodded. As we were walking back we got another text message.

Unknown:

Tic tock... Tic tock... Tic tock....

~Black Masked

Maybe this is a clue or something? We both looked at each other before we someone bumped into us spilling champagne on our shoes.

"Oh great!" The familiar voice said. We looked up at the same time. Oh crap!

"Ronnie?" Uncle Scott asked confused.

"Uncle Scott? What are- what are you doing here?" I asked. Kaitlyn looking confused all at once.

"Here in business. And why are you here?" He asked.

"I- uh..." He looked at me raising an eyebrow.

"I invited her. Yeah, see my dad couldn't make it so he sent me and so I convinced Ronnie here to come with me." She said and I nodded agreeing..I swear this girl will make a great Lawyer.

"Okay. Well hope you girls enjoy yourselves. But I need to get back." He said and we agree.

"Gosh that close." I said and Kaitlyn agreed.

"Let's split up again. This time you check downstairs and I'll check any other clues in case we miss something." I said.

"Alright. Be careful." She said.

"You too." I said. As I was walking further away I got a text message.

Unknown:

Time's up for now. Like when its time for the plane to fly, nothing can really stop it from landing after the flight right?

~Black Masked.

What does that mean?" I asked. I then heard a scream. It sounded like Kaitlyn!

"Kailyn!" I called as I run out the room. I quickly went to the top of the stairs. Oh my gosh! It was her at the bottom of the stairs holding her leg, her face in pain.

"Kaitlyn!" I called her as I ran down to meet her.

"What- what happened?!" I asked her. Now we were surrounded by a crowd.

"Ronnie!" Uncle Scott came next to us.

"Help me get her to my car. I'll take her to the hospital!" I said and he nodded.

"I'll drive!" Uncle Scott said and I passed him my keys. I got in with Kaitlyn in backseat as uncle Scott quickly started and drove off.

As we were driving, I then remember the text message.

"Flight of stairs?" I asked myself, realizing how physically dangerous black masked can be.

"Ronnie, you said something?" Uncle Scott asked.

"Uh-no its nothing. Please don't inform my mother." I said changing the topic.

"Ron- I'll see how the situation is first." He said.

"Thank you. I don't want her worrying." I said.

"I know." He said and I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡

A/N

Hey guys! So sorry about the late update. Diwali was this Thursday gone and so I was extremely busy for so much days, with all the preparation and cleaning ect... so I'll try to update more sooner♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Goodnightyyyyy♤