Chapter 32

Jennie wasn't here yet. So I just ordered a couple tequila shots. This new bartender was seems young and just made my drinks.

"You've had enough little one." I turned my to see him.

"Uncle Scott." I said.

"Whiskey, old school." He said.

"How did- why are you here?" I asked.

"Whenever I'm upset I always hit a bar or something. Pretty sure you got that from me." He said.

"Didn't quite answer my question." I said.

"Even though you're an legal adult, you're still our little girl, all of us." He said as he sip his whiskey.

"Doesn't seem that way." I said looking at my glass.

"That girl. That girl was just upset and scared." He said.

"Of what? Since we've met, all I did was care for and protect them. I may have hated Selena but did I show any signs of threat to her?" I asked him.

"Like I said, she's afraid. She's lost her mother and so on, and losing someone else she cares about, she doesn't want to go through that again." He said.

"Why are you taking her side?" I asked.

"I'm not. I'm trying to make your anger less angry." He said and I laughed a little with him.

"You know, you sound a little like someone I know." I said.

"And I'm sure your dad would want you to forgive and forget, don't repeat the same mistakes he did." He said and I looked at my drink taking the final shot angrily. Why bring my father into this?!

"Another four more please." I said.

"Brave of you to order that while I'm here." Uncle Scott said.

"Well, I'm maybe still y'all little girl but I'm grown up now. As far as my father goes, forgive and forget? Why didn't he do it?" I asked and uncle Scott just looked at me with slight disappointment in his eyes.

I took two other shots and then grabbed my bag to pay.

"Going somewhere?" Uncle Scott asked but I didn't respond. I felt the alcohol taking me over too much. I think I was getting a little drunk.

"You okay?" The bartender asked.

"I got it." Uncle Scott said paying for all the drinks.

"Pretty sure I can pay for my own drinks." I said.

"Ronnie." He called me. As I got up I felt myself drifting.

"Woah!" I said as I nearly fell down but uncle Scott got me.

"I got you there, little one." He said sighing.

"Hm?" I asked. We then walked out and he put me in the car, pulling the seatbelt across me. At this point I felt so disappointed for some reason.

"To the apartment right?" He asked.

"Absolutely not!" I said.

"Then I'll take you home?" He asked. I couldn't even answer, my head was hurting so badly. Was there something in that drink?

"Veronica? Veronica?" Uncle Scott called me.

"I-" I'm feeling so dizzy.

"Ronnie is something wrong?" He asked.

"Don't take me home. Mom will be so upset." I said.

"So where-" I didn't even hear him finish the sentence, as I felt my eyes closing.

********
Kaitlyn's POV....

After Veronica left upset and hurt everyone was just silent, staring at Ava confused and shocked.

"I'll follow her." Scott said leaving after.

"Ava? What was that about?" Mr Benson asked his daughter.

"I said what I had to say." She said.

"Is that how I raised you?!" He asked.

"In case you missed it dad, you didn't raise me completely and she's the reason why!" Ava said.

"Avery, whatever Veronica's parents or grandparents did has nothing to do with her! You can't blame her for something she didn't do and didn't have control over!" Mr Benson said.

"Dad! Are you- are you taking her side? After all her family did to you? To us?" Ava asked.

"Ava?" Selena called her and we looked at her.

"Selena you are not like them." Ava said.

"No matter how you say it, in the end I am a Johnson. I have their blood running in my veins." Selena said raising her hands.

"But you're different." Ava said.

"Ava! Veronica is different to! Why do you hate her so much?" I asked getting frustrated now.

"What?" Ava asked.

"If you all would excuse me, this really isn't a court room. You all should discuss this somewhere else, there's other patients I need to attend to." Dr Mark Murray said.

"Sorry Dr Murray." Selena said on behalf of all of us and he nodded.

After a while, we returned back to the apartment and I immediately went to my room. I laid in bed and looked at my phone. Should I call Veronica or not? Should I at least leave a message?

I then heard someone knock my door.

"Yes?" I called.

"Can we come in?" Selena asked.

"Sure!" I said. Selena and Mr Benson then walked in. I sit up on the bed and leaned my back against the wall.

"How you feeling?" She asked sitting next on the edge of my bed. Mr Benson was standing next to her.

"I'm fine. Just a worried about Veronica." I said.

"Ronnie is someone, all she needs is a little space to rethink. She does that when she's upset." Selena said and I nodded.

"Where's Ava? How's she doing?" I asked.

"She went to take shower. If you girls are hungry I can prepare something?" Mr Benson offered.

"I'm fine uncle Jackson. Just need some rest." I said and he nodded.

"Alright. Well I'll leave you to rest. I'll go find Veronica and make sure she's fine." He said.

"Thank you." Both me and Selena said. He nodded with a smile before leaving.

"I'll leave you to rest. Call me if you need anything alright? Don't force your yourself and hurt your foot." Selena said.

"Thanks. I will." I said and she smiled before getting up and leaving.

Should I at least leave a message for Veronica? But like Selena said, maybe she's upset and need space to think. I shouldn't disturb her... I got a text message and was a bit confused.

"Huh?" I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡