Chapter 45

The Next Day

We were all on our way to the hospital to visit some of our friends. I've been endlessly trying to call Evelyn. So much has happened and I didn't even think to worry and be as scared as I am for her now.

What makes it even worst is her phone leading straight to voicemail, which can also be a good thing, it means she's alive and can't answer her phone right?!

"Hey. Evelyn's gonna be alright." Selena said holding my hand and I nodded. After arriving at the hospital, we signed in and quietly walked in.

"Evelyn Park?" I asked the receptionist who started to check her computer.

"Her last name's Park to go with Evelyn?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Says someone whose last name is Young to go with Kaitlyn." I said in a humorous way.

"Haha. I have you know those are two perfect names. Destined to be joined! Together!" Kaitlyn said in all dramatic way.

"Ease up Cinderella." Ava said and Kaitlyn teased her.

"Are you all relatives of Ms Park?" The lady asked.

"We're her really close friends." I said.

"Mmhm?" She asked nodding her head.

"Look, Evelyn is one of our dearest friends. We were at the party when uhmm... the incident occurred, last night." I said.

"I'm so sorry but- "  I then cut her off mid sentence.

"Please." I said moving my hair behind my ears in a dumb flirtatious way.

"Oh my God." Kaitlyn said.

"Room 426, the sixth floor." She said.

"Thank you." We all said before I gave her a secret wink.

We all headed to an elevator and then made our way to the sixth floor. I was so nervous. I have really high hopes that Evelyn's alright.

"What's the room number again?" Selena asked.

"426." Ava said. After finding it, we all immediately rushed in.

"Evelyn?!" I called.

"Veronica! Oh my gosh!" We saw Evelyn sitting on one of the beds with a bandage on her right arm.

"Evelyn, you're alright?!" I said as I went and hugged her. And was greeted by everyone else.

"Hi guys. I'm Evelyn, sorry I haven't been able to properly introduce ourselves last night." She said.

"Hi. I'm Selena. I'm Ronnie's cousin." She said.

"Ava." And that's Ava being Ava when she introduces herself.

"Well I know you Kaitlyn." Evelyn said with a smile.

"The one and only." Kaitlyn said returning the smile.

"I'm really sorry about... last night. How you're holding up with everything?" I asked.

"To be honest. I think its all a dream and I'll wake up soon. I feel so guilty about everything." She said.

"Its not your fault." Kaitlyn said.

"She's right. Its not your fault. We don't know what happened yet." I said.

"It was my party. And I invited all those people and you guys. When I didn't see or hear anything from you all, I got so scared." She said.

"We had some urgent matters to deal with, our parents and so on... when the- it happened." I said.

"Me and some others walked out for some fresh air. And as we made our way back, it then happened." She said.

"Oh my gosh. I'm- I'm really sorry." Selena said.

"Thanks. I fell unconscious, I didn't even know who got hurt or who- I prayer to God no one- di- died." She said as tears roll off her eyes.

I went and sat next to her, hugging her. She wrapped her shaking arm around me. Her other hand that were bandaged, were at her side. Seems like its dislocated or something.

"Thanks. I needed that." She said.

"I'm here, if you need anything." I said.

"We're all here for you." Kaitlyn said.

"Hi. I'm doctor Wesley, Jake Wesley. We need to run some private tests on Ms Park now, and visiting hours are almost up, so maybe you all can return a little later." He suggested kindly.

"Sure." We agreed.

"We'll come back later alright." I said and she nodded.

"Sure." She said.

"You need anything? Burger? Fries?" I asked.

"No I'm all good, thanks. My family's gonna be here soon." She said.

"Alright. Well please make sure you rest and text me, or call me if you need anything, anything at all, okay?" I told her.

"I will." She said before we hugged once more, I kissed the side of her head before leaving with the others, as they said their goodbyes.

After leaving, we were all heading down the elevator in silence before Kaitlyn spoke first. She really can't stand a silent room, especially if filled with people she know.

"Hey. That little flirt you did earlier when we came in, with the receptionist, it actually worked?" Kaitlyn asked as we all looked at her.

"Please she couldn't help it like literally everyone else." I said proudly as we all exited the elevator.

"Please you wished. She must've felt sorry to you, and well guys... it'll just be guys being guys. They go to the pretty popular girl." Kaitlyn said.

"Really? I can make you admit you're wrong." I said.

"Psssstttt!" Both Selena and Ava scoffed.

"Watch this." I said as we passed by the same receptionist, whom I gave a wink to and she blushed in return.

"Well I mean, you are incredibly beautiful so their really isn't much to doubt. But not me, I dare you." Kaitlyn said and I smiled. I then twirl my hair and flip it back before giving her a wink and a cute but sexy smile.

"You're actually blushing?" Selena asked laughing.

"Okay you're too good!" Kaitlyn said blushing. As we headed to the parking lot.

"I know. Like I said, I make both genders fall." I said laughing a little. I turned to see Selena laughing at our stupidity. Ava was just being Ava staring at me.

As of now, I only remember about her father and me which made me immediately look away. I can't seem to look at her directly in her eyes.

"So are you bi?" Kaitlyn asked out of suddenness.

"As in bisexual?" I asked.

"Yah." She said.

"I don't think I am. Are you?" I asked.

"Well I don't label myself but I also wouldn't mind dating a girl, as long as she has the qualities I'd look for in a guy, you know." She replied and I smiled.

"Awe, you're cute." I said and she blushed a little.

"What about you guys?" Kaitlyn asked looking back at Selena and Ava.

"I'm a bit of old fashioned, so I'll say straight. But I still do look at girls, you know... if they're hot then sis my eyes are on them." Selena said and I couldn't help but laugh. All eyes then looked at Ava.

"I don't like humans." Was all she responded before we all had a good laugh.

"As expected." Kaitlyn said as we all entered the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡