Chapter 28

Veronica's POV

After my shower, it was pretty late so I just headed to bed. I texted Jayden goodnight before putting my phone on the charger.

"Ronnie." Kaitlyn called.

"Yeah?" I answered back. I feel really bad at how I reacted earlier. We both turn around in our beds facing each other. Our bed were opposite from each others, across the room.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have brought the topic up with..." I then cut her off.

"No no I'm the one who should be apologizing. I shouldn't have reacted that way. Is just that, something bad happened and ever since I could never see her the same way again." I said.

"Selena must of hurt you really bad." She said and I nodded.

"I- a long-" I couldn't even tell her. I don't wanna remember that again.

"Its fine. You don't have to tell me. When you're ready then I'll listen." She said.

"Thank you." I said. I then looked at her, she seems like she wanna tell me something.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"You're holding back something." I said and she looked away before looking back at me.

"Actually, I- earlier today. When you and Jayden left to order the foods, I suddenly- sud-" She then looked away again.

"Suddenly?" I asked her.

"I, uhmm... miss my mother." She said.

"Oh. Thats fine, in fact that's a good thing. No matter what she did wrong, at the end of the day she's your mother." I said and she smile nodding.

"Yeah I guess." She said.

"Let's get some rest. Since tomorrow is Sunday, let's do something fun. Just the two of us." I said.

"I'd like that." She said and I smiled.

*******
The Next Day....

After taking a shower, I woke Kaitlyn up. She was showering while I did my hair and mini makeup. Should I invite Jayden with us? Kaitlyn might feel left out.

"I hope that Black Masked doesn't do anything stupid to us today." I said to myself. I then received a text message.

"Speaking of the actual devil!" I said rolling my eyes as I saw the text was from Black Masked.

Unknown:
What is the Katie bear hiding? Has she told you yet?

~Black Masked

"What?" I asked. Kaitlyn aren't hiding anything. Black Masked is probably trying to break us up or something. I ignored the message and continued with my makeup.

As soon as Kaitlyn was done, I did her makeup and we both left.

"Good morning girls!" Selena said from the dining table.

"Good morning!" Kaitlyn said.

"Hey." Ava greeted us. I looked up confuse.

"A greeting from Ava, that's new." I said in a lower voice. The fact that I'm still not sure if Ava is talking to me. Not that I'd care anyway, she did say some hurtful things to me.

"Hey Ava! Where's your dad?" Kaitlyn asked. Gosh, I can never so kind like her. Which is a great trait by the way.

"Right here. I made breakfast." Mr Benson said. Is he living here now?!

"Good morning uncle Jackson." Kaitlyn said.

"Good morning. So breakfast?" He asked. As Kaitlyn was about to speak, I cut her off.

"We're having breakfast out." I said grabbing Kaitlyn's hand.

"Good morning to you to Ms Johnson." He said. Is that guy provoking me or something?!

"We're late. Let's go." I said to Kaitlyn pulling her out the door.

"Are you girls-" Selena said but I ignored her closing the door. As we were in the elevator Kaitlyn spoke first.

"We could of stayed." Kaitlyn said.

"I'm sorry. But Ava still seems upset with me, and well me to Selena you know." I said.

"Yeah, I figured." She said. After signing out, we sat in my car and stared straight.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked as we both looked at each other and laughed.

"How about shopping?" She asked and I smiled nodding. We then headed for the mall.

*******
At The Mall...

As we walked into one of the boutiques my eyes fell on a beautiful hoodie!

"Woah!" I said as I ran next to it. As I grabbed it, someone else's hand grabbed it.

"Hey!" I looked up to see a familiar face.

"Seems like we both got the same taste." She said.

"Evelyn!" I said hugging her.

"Hey Ronnie!" She said hugging back.

"How've you been?" I asked her.

"Great. What about you?" She asked.

"Uhmm... we've got some catching up to do." I said and she give a nervous smile.

"Ronnie look!" Kaitlyn said showing me cute crop top.

"Kaitlyn, you remember Evelyn." I said to her.

"Hey Evie!" She said.

"Katie bear." Evelyn said which caught me by surprise. I thought only Jayden call her that?

"You shopping to?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Yup. I was invited to a very important gathering this evening. So I'm looking for the right outfit." Evelyn said.

"Oh. Maybe we can help. What kind of gathering is it?" I asked.

"Like businesses and important people. Those kind of crap. A family friend invited me." She said. Both me and Kaitlyn looked at each other with smiling faces.

"Then you're looking in the wrong place." I said grabbing her hand and taking her to another boutique with fancy dresses.

"Oh hell naw! I have to wear these?!" She asked causing me and Kaitlyn to laugh.

"Yes come on!" Kaitlyn said. After finding the right dress for her, we looked for matching shoes. After a while, we were finished. Kaitlyn and I went back to the boutique from before and brought a few things.

We were now having brunch, since we skipped breakfast out of excitement.

"Gosh! This is so delicious!" Kaitlyn and I said as we ate wrap sandwich thing that Evelyn suggested.

"I know right!" I said stuffing my mouth like Kailyn.

"You guys can slow down. No one's taking it." Evelyn joked.

"I know but its so good!" Kaitlyn and I said and she giggled.

"So what are you guys doing after school tomorrow?" She asked.

"Probably hang out at Winky Dinky." I said.

"Oh. Mind if I join you guys? There's something I need to work on and can use all the help I can get." Evelyn said.

"Of course." Both Kaitlyn and I said smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡