Chapter 62

After some time, I wiped my eyes dried before bursting through the door to the balcony.

"Hey guys. Sorry to disturb whatever it is that's going on here- but I got another text message." I said and they both looked at me.

"What does it say?" Selena asked and I showed them but they both looked at each other. Obviously I overheard but I'd have to pretend to be dumb.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Uhm... let's just ignore it for now. First I need to talk to my dad, then I'd meet you guys back in Selena's room." Ava said.

"Okay. Don't be too hard on him." Selena said.

"I won't." She said before leaving.

"I know you overheard us." Selena said looking at me.

"I-" I was in a lost of words.

"Its fine. It was too obvious anyways. Only we were too busy to think about it." She said.

"Yeah I guess. I ship RonVa!" I said and Selena laughed. Then Selena received an text message with seem go have take her by surprise.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Hm... oh yeah yeah. Its just something for one of my classes." She said and I just brushed it off. If it was Black Masked she would've said something. Besides, even if it is, what could possibly be so bad that Selena would have to hide, I mean come on its Selena she's too innocent.

*******
Ava's POV....

"Hey dad." I said as I met him and Ivy in the kitchen sipping on... wine? Two of them? Seems like they were chatting, because he seemed frustrated and so does she.

"Hey. We were just discussing about you girls." He said trying to push the glass away.

"Its fine dad. Hey Ms Ivy!" I said.

"Hello dear. You can call me aunt Ivy if you want." She said and I gave a small smile.

"Sure. Uhm... dad can I speak to you about something?" I asked.

"Got it. I'll go check up on my daughter Isabella." She said taking her glass with her.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem." She said. As she left I took my dad's glass of unfinished wine and gulped it down in go.

"Uhm... hello? You father is right here!" He said.

"So?" I asked.

"So, at least get your own glass." He said jokingly.

"Dad. What does the other my friends, you know Kaitlyn, Selena and...Veronica mean to you?" I asked him and he looked away with his eyes shut close before looking back at me.

"You know." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah." I said.

"Listen Avery, I'm really sorry princess. It was wrong and dumb and so regretful." He said.

"I know. Funny how its been almost over twenty years and even though I haven't met her, it feels like she was with us until now. Like she'd never left us." I said sniffing. I can see the tears rolling of my dad's face.

"Yeah I know. I still think about her everyday. Probably why it happened was because Veronica looked so much like your mother. Which is why you also seem to be in love with her, right?" He asked.

"How'd you know?" I asked feeling more hot tears down my face.

"You're my daughter, of course I'd know." He said.

"Dad. Are you in love with her?" I asked.

"No. I promise I never was or is." He said.

"Okay good, because that would of been so frickin awkward!" I said with a chuckle in-between my cries, sniffing.

"You are still young, you have much to explore and learn from yet when it comes to love like your mother and I. She was my first love and always will be. No one's ever gonna replace that except for you, our sweet child." He said cupping the side of my face and wiping my tears as I did for him.

"I love you dad." I said.

"I love you too!" He said as we hugged.

*********
Selena's POV....

I kept looking at my phone at the specific text message I had gotten a while ago.

"What's up with you? You've been distracted alot." Kaitlyn said.

"Nothing important." I said. Soon Ava returned and sat next to us. Kaitlyn was lying on her stomach while Ava and I sat crossed with our legs crossed.

"Guys, what's the plan?" Kaitlyn asked.

"I guess, leave it to the adults?" I said.

"We are basically helpless at this point." Ava said.

"Maybe we should tell each other all the secrets that we think Black Masked can have on us." Kaitlyn suggested. Both Ava and I looked at each other.

"I think she's right. In this way, we might find some clues and back up each other." Ava said. Crap! Should I tell them or not?

"I'll start." Kaitlyn said.

"Go on then." I said.

"Yeah... I don't really think there is much secret. The biggest secret was with your dad and Jayden's family being Mafia drug lords... but that's it." She said and we shook our heads.

"Uhm... a few years ago, I was in an illegal drug trade. Luckily I got off in time but if it was brought to the police I'd be in jail." Ava said.

"Drug trade? With who?" I asked.

"It might be a bit of a shock and I swear I didn't know until after hearing about it today. It was with Jayden's father's company." She said.

"Fate is so funny sometimes." Kaitlyn said.

"That's not-" As I was about to speak I got another text message.

"You good?" Ava asked.

"Yeah... uhm... you guys stay here, I'll be right back." I quickly said leaving the room.

I headed down to the basement and used the secret backdoor there, to walk out to the back in the garden.

"Hello?! You there!" I called but no response. The place was a bit dark and creepy. I can hear faint footsteps but its probably the police doing there routine walk. Where I'm at is a bit covered with trees and plants and an old brick wall.

I then felt arms wrapped around me which cause me to almost scream but I felt familiar lips on mines.

"Its me." He said.

"You idiot! What are you doing here?!" I said.

"I missed you!" He said and I couldn't stay upset at those eyes no matter how I try.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡