Chapter 24

After breakfast, we thanked Mr Young, Kaitlyn's dad once again for breakfast and did the dishes as Mr Young went to take some calls. As we was doing the dishes, Kaitlyn spoke up.

"Ronnie. Do you think, that black masked person helped us out of a good heart without wanting anything in return?" She asked. She's right, I haven't thought of it.

"Pretty sure he, she, it, has something up their sleeve, knowing what they're capable of." I said as I wash the dishes as hand them over to Kaitlyn to dry off.

"What exactly do you know about black masked?" She asked.

"Not much. All I know is they're very dangerous and capable of anything. I mean they have these photos from years ago, how and why? So I can just imagine what else they have on us." I said.

"True. Should we tell someone else about them?" Kaitlyn asked.

"I'd rather not take that risk. Who knows what they'll do." I said.

"Good point." She said.

"Katie." Mr Young said walking into the kitchen with his phone.

"Yes dad?" She asked.

"We are needed down at the station." He said. Both Kaitlyn and I looked at each other.

"Am I also needed Mr Young?" I asked.

"They haven't said anything." He said and I nodded.

After a while, we went straight for the station. Kaitlyn and I stayed back while her dad went in first.

"Hey, it's gonna be fine. I'm here." I told her, to comfort her since she looked extremely nervous.

After some time, Mr Young and two cops came out, both Kaitlyn and I stood up to meet them.

"Ms Kaitlyn Young. Your mother has been sentenced to twenty five years imprisonment." They said Kaitlyn nodded with tears streaming down her face. I hugged her from the sides as she looked as if she was about to fall.

"What about Mr Benson?" I asked.

"He'll be released. Also from this case, he'll be suing from over one hundred million dollars. Could be more, depending more on the case." He said.

Couple Hours Later...

Since Mr Benson was being released, we decided to visit Mr Benson in person first. There's a point I to prove to him.

"I heard I'm being release, and the credits goes to you?" He asked me.

"It was more of a team work." I said.

"Well if you expect me to say thank you,  don't keep your hopes high." He said.

"Wasn't expecting it from you. Anyways as much as I... we came here for a reason." I said as I looked at Kaitlyn who was still silent.

"What?" He asked.

After our trip from visiting Mr Benson, we decided to go home. To Kaitlyn's home. We weren't heading back to that apartment today, but decided to have a surprise tomorrow.

"Dinners ready!" Kaitlyn's father called. I'm really surprised at how strong he is, he's really holding on. As for Kaitlyn she barely said a word since the station.

"Kaitlyn?" I called her. She nodded as we both walked down.

"Dinner smells great! Doesn't it?!" He said with a bubbly happy personality.

"It does." I replied.

"Dad I'm not hungry." Kaitlyn said as she stood in front of him.

"But its your favorite, spaghetti!" He said.

"It was mom's favorite." She said and the atmosphere became tense.

"Katie bear, its just food it does-.." He said but she spoke.

"How can you eat in a time like this dad?!" She asked.

"Kaitlyn." I said.

"I was just trying Katie." He said.

"Don't try anything! My mother! Your wife! She is in custody and will go to prison! And you're worried about the food smelling great?!" She said angrily as tears fell from her eyes.

"Kaitlyn, your father is hurting just as much as you are, maybe even more. He's only being this way for you!" I said.

"Really, like you would know?!" Kaitlyn said.

"Kaitlyn!" Her father yelled.

"Because when I lost my father, until date I still see my mother in pain! Despite all the wrongs he did. Because she knew that behind everything he did was a reason, which was manipulation!" I said.

"Ronnie. I'm sorry. I didn't mean that.. I- I-" I cut her off and spoke.

"Its fine. You're stress, worried, upset and confused." I said hugging her. She then broke down hugging me closer. Her father then came and hug us both.

"Dad!" She said crying into his arms.

"Its gonna be alright. I promise it will be." He said.

The Next Day...

We left early as planned, and met Ava's dad. Who looked handsome. He shaved his beard off, his hair trimmed, wearing a black pants, white tshirt and black leather jacket with brown shoes. What a combo. He looked ten years younger.

"We'll knock and then you'll walk in." I said and he nodded as we walked to the reception by our building to sign in.

"Kaitlyn. I want you to know that whatever may happened to your mother, none of it is your fault, alright."  I heard him say to Kaitlyn.

"Thank you, uncle Jackson." Kaitlyn said and I smiled. We went up and then stood in front of the door.

"You should do the speaking. Ava still hates me." I said stepping back.

"Ava doesn't hate. If its anyone, she hates me." Kaitlyn said.

"Untrue. Ava will never hate you, no matter what you do Kaitlyn. As for this one, can't say the same." Jackson said.

"Whatever." I said irritated. Kaitlyn knocked and after a while the door opened revealing Selena.

"Oh, its you." I said.

"Where the hell were the both of you?!" She asked.

"We'll explain later. Where's Ava?! There's someone here to meet her." Kaitlyn said.

"Who is it?!" Ava asked grabbing her bag from the sofa.

"Avery?!" Her father called. Ava looked up and then after a few seconds she turned around.

"Dad? Dad!" She said as she run to her father. Both hugged each other.

"My beautiful girl!" He said kissing her head.

"I miss you dad!" She said.

"Me too!" He said. After breaking the hug she looked confused.

"How?! What-" She asked. I then got a text message. Wow! Nice timing! I immediately went to shock mode. I nudge Kaitlyn and showed her the message.

Unknown:

Give one to get one, too bad for locking the tigress in the cage but thanks for releasing the tiger though, pleasure doing business with you ;)

~Black Masked

"What does it mean?" She asked.

"What have we done?" I said looking up at a reunited father and daughter smiling happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡