Chapter 21

After arriving home, I immediately went inside the apartment. It was already dark. I walked into the room and saw how everyone was sitting as the tension rises as they saw me. It was dead silent until I talked.

"Ava, if you're gonna hear the truth about your father then best you hear everything." I said and she looked at me. They all got up and looking confused.

"What is it?" She asked.

"You accused my family of being monsters when yours isn't so angelic and holy either!" I said looking upset at Kaitlyn.

"What the hell are you even talking about?!" Kaitlyn asked confused.

"Seriously?! You have no idea that your mother is the one who went out with Ava's father, then it turned out that it was all fake that she was using him! She accused him of sexual assault and fraud causing him lifetime imprisonment!" I yelled.

"What?!" Ava asked shocked breathing heavily.

"Veronica if you're looking to blame someone, best choose someone else and stop putting the blame of the dirty deeds that your family did!" She yelled back.

"Really?! So Ava's father would lie about that?! Would he accuse the people who raised his daughter that they did that to him, if it wasn't true?!" I asked and they all looked at me shock.

"My father?!" Ava asked.

"You went back?!" Kaitlyn asked.

"What do you mean, went back?!" Ava asked.

"We visited your father once and your grandmother. I went back today to get the truth from him and I did!" I said.

"Why the hell would you do that?! Why go there?" Selena asked.

"Just stay out of this please! Its not your business here!" I said.

"I may not have been born as a Johnson  like you did but in the end I have their DNA in me! So this is my business!" She said.

"No! Selena you may be related to those people but you're not one of them! You're not like them, and I know that!" Ava said.

"So, you see me as one of them? You think I'm like them?!" I asked.

"I don't know. And you meeting my father and grandmother, I can't say the same." She said.

"Understood loud and clear." I said feeling really hurt inside.

"As for you! How could you have not know any of those things?" Ava asked Kaitlyn.

"Ava, I really didn't know anything about it! I promise you I didn't. Had I known I would of thrown them to prison myself." Kaitlyn said.

"I believe you." I said. And I felt all eyes on me.

"What?" Kaitlyn asked.

"As Ava said, she knows the kind of person Selena was, and I know the person you are. And I'm sure you had nothing to do with whatever happened, besides you were young, younger than Ava." I said. I then turned around about to leave again.

"Where are you going?!" Selena asked.

"To clean the mess that our family made!" I said walking out the door. I went down the elevator and signed out again.

"Ms Johnson, you're leaving again?" The lady asked.

"Something I need to do." I said leaving. I got in my car inhaled deeply. I stay in there for two minutes before starting my car.

"Ronnie!" I heard Kaitlyn's voice as I was driving off. She run to my side of the door. My window was up but I could still  hear her.

"What do you want?" I asked.

Kaitlyn's POV....

"Where are you going?!" Selena asked.

"To clean the mess that our family made!" Veronica said walking out the door.

"What does she mean?" I asked.

"I don't know. But I know it isn't something good." Selena said.

"Did you have to be that harsh Ava?! Whatever her family did has nothing to do with her?!" I said. I then went to door about to walk out.

"Where are you going?" Selena asked.

"To clean the mess that my family did!" I said looking at Ava before leaving.

I rushed down the stairs since the elevator will take longer. I saw Selena inside her car about to leave.

"Hey!" I greet the receptionist as I quickly signed my name out.

"Hey...uh.." I didn't wait for her to respond instead I saw Veronica pulling off in her car so I ran out.

"Ronnie!" I called her. Her window was rolled up but I hope she can still hear me.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"I'm coming with you wherever you're going to!" I said.

"No! Go back!" She said.

"Look both our families did things that either of us aren't proud off. So please just let me come with you." I said. She sighed before opening the passenger seat. I quickly went to the other side and sit inside.

"Put your seatbelts on." She said and I smiled.

"Yeah I got it." I said. She started driving to God knows where, but I might have a good idea where. After a few minutes of awkward silence she spoke.

"Kaitlyn, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have, done what I did. It wasn't my place to say something like that." She said.

"Its fine, you were confused and hurt. Besides if you hadn't say that then I wouldn't have known. But I do want to ask you something." I said. She looked at me before looking back to the road.

"Ask me." She said.

"Why did you suddenly decide to tell Ava everything?" I asked and she looked like she doesn't want to say.

"I just couldn't keep it a secret anymore." Veronica said.

"Does it have anything to do with you avoiding Jayden and me today?" I asked and she just stayed quiet meaning yes.

"Ronnie, if you're going through something, I can help you through it." I said.

"Its not that. Its something else." She said. Then both of our phones got a message at the exact same time. We both then looked at our phones.

Unknown:
Why not add someone else to the games? The more the merrier, right girlies?

~Black Masked.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Is it from a black masked person?" She asked and I looked at her confused.

"Yes. Same for you?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said.

"You don't seem surprised or anything like its not the first time you've seen something like this... wait! Is this the reason why you did all you did?" I asked.

"Yes. I had two choices and couldn't let someone else's life be endangered because of me." Veronica said.

"Is it Jayden's?" I asked.

"Yes it is. For now I can't say anything. I'm gonna get Ava's father out of prison." She said.

"How exactly do you plan on that Ronnie? Breaking him out?" I asked.

"I don't know alright! Still work in progress." She said. Then I got an idea.

"I might have an idea but it requires a great sacrifice." I said and she looked at me.

"Tell me." She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡