Chapter 34

As we were chatting among ourselves, I then received a message. And I have a pretty good feeling who it was.

Unknown:

You see how easy it was for me to get you... your drink last night ;)
~Black Masked.

"Ronnie?" My mom called. I looked up to see her and uncle Scott looking at me.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"Your drink? How was it spiked? And why were you alone in there?" She asked.

"Oh, mom! Its fine. I already talk to Jennie. She said that the bartender accidentally mixed my drink with someone else's and that they would take action as to what happened." I lied.

"Really? And why were you there alone? Why wasn't Selena there?" She asked which got me more upset.

"Mom please! Why does Selena have to be there? I don't need her to follow me around." I said.

"Veronica! Why do you treat her like that?" My mom asked. Uncle Scott was just looking at us silently.

"Seriously mom? She is the reason why dad isn't here?! She is the reason why I almost lost you!" I said as a tear fell from my eyes.

"Ronnie." She said closing her eyes.

"Veronica, you were young. There are many things you don't know." Uncle Scott.

"Oh yeah? Like what exactly?" I asked. My mom and uncle Scott looked at each other before looking back at me.

"Well? Are you gonna finish that sentence?" I asked.

"Ronnie, lets forget about it and eat our  breakfast." My mom said. Why do I feel like they're hiding something? What could possibly be so bad that they wouldn't even tell me. I mean come on, they told me my grandparents hurt and actually kill... is it that bad?

"I need to be excuse." I said before getting up.

"Ronnie." Uncle Scott called.

"Veronica!" My mom called as I left and went back upstairs. As I walked into my room I stopped dead in my tracks as I stared at the yellow envelope laying on top my bed.

"Where'd that come from?" I asked myself. I then got another text message.

Unknown:

Family time with mom and dad earlier,, How was breakfast ;)
~Black Masked.

"What?" I said. I then took the envelope  and saw it was a birth record. Which belonged to me. As I read it, I had to reread it a few times to make sure I was reading it right.

"Not possible. Not possible." I said in a low breath. I felt my world around me stopped spinning for a while. I dropped to the floor on my knees and felt tears gushing out.

"No. It could be another one of Black Masked plans." I said to convince myself. I'll ask mom, she wouldn't lie. I quickly ran down and into the living room. I saw them both hugging. Which made me start overthinking.

"Ronnie!" Uncle Scott called me as they broke the hug.

"Ronnie. Do you wanna go with uncle Scott to Poinciana Town for a little bit?" My mom asked.

"Mom..." I called her.

"Ronnie, are you okay? What's that you got there?" She asked. I then handed it to her.

"Tell me this is a lie." I said as she read it and then inhaled deeply looking at me with guilt.

"Veronica, where did you find this?!" She asked.

"Tell me, mom. Tell me its not true." I said as tears filled my eyes.

"Ronnie what's that? Aria...?" Uncle Scott called. Tears began filling her eyes as she handed the paper to uncle Scott.

"Mom! Tell me that's fake!" I said getting impatient.

"Veronica, where'd you get this from?" Uncle Scott asked.

"Does it matter? Just tell me its fake! I just wanna hear someone say it!" I said.

"Its-" My mom said looking away.

"Mom! Goodness sake! Just say something!" I said getting upset.

"Yes its true." She said with tears falling and I felt a stab in my heart. Its very much painful.

"What?" I asked as tears roll off my eyes.

"Brandon Johnson isn't your biological  father." She said.

"Then, my biological father is, who?" I asked.

"Does it matter?" She asked with tears falling in her face.

"Yes mom, it does." I said trying not cry and just let the tears fall. I'm praying its not who I think it is.

"Its-" She held back her words.

"I at least deserve to know, mom." I said.

"It's me." Uncle Scott said. I couldn't help but cry a little shaking my head.

"It can't be! It just can't!" I said running away.

"Veronica! Veronica!" I heard uncle Scott or well my father calling. What?! I quickly went into my room and locked the door. I then slid my back down the side of my bed and cried as I wrapped my arms around my knees.

"Dad! What's going on! If you can hear me! Please! Please give me a sign!" I said.

I started remembering my father, Brandon Johnson. And the little memories I can remember. How happy my mom and I were, playing in the in the backyard. My dad would spin me around and then he'd lift mom up and we'd play tickle monster.

How could I have missed this? How?! How? How? Were my mom and uncle Scott in love or something before she met my dad? I dare not ask them anything right now. I think there's only one person who can answer me.

I texted that person to meet me and then picked myself up after what felt like a good two hours. I grabbed my bag and headed out. The living room was empty, I think they're in the kitchen. I head straight for the front door.

"You going somewhere?" Scott asked. I just stopped and didn't turn around. I don't think I am able to see him right now. I just continued walking and went into my car. I suddenly started crying again.

I started the car and then drove to my destination. I then left the car and stood staring at the lake. The place was cool, there wasn't any sun either. Very shady and windy.

"Thanks for coming at such short notice, Selena." I said to her as she stood next me staring at the lake.

"Ronnie, its not exactly a late doctor's appointment." She said.

"Right now, you're the only Johnson I can trust who wouldn't and shouldn't lie to me. I want you to tell me everything you know about my past." I said to her.

"Veronica, I was pretty young to when everything happened. What exactly do you want to know?" She asked.

"Everything. Starting with my parents, how they know each other and my biological father?" I asked her and she looked at me.

"You found out- what the hell happened, its only been one night?" She asked.

"How I found out isn't important right now. I want to know what relationship my mother and uncle Scott well my- what did they have?" I asked her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡