Chapter 23

After freshening up, I lay on Kaitlyn's bed as she was just finishing up on brushing her hair.

"Do you want something to eat?" She asked as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"I don't think I have an appetite." I said.

"Yeah me too." She said. I sat up and looked at her.

"I know this is difficult, and you're in a lot of pain, and I mean a lot of pain. Trust me I know, but the pain you feel will only be there for a certain amount of time, I won't lie and say that it'll go away because it won't." I said.

"How do you get past it everyday?" She asked.

"I focus on the people that bring me happiness. Once I'm happy with the people around me, the pain fades away without me knowing. It's still there but I won't feel it as much and it doesn't hurt as much." I said. She then smiled as she lay her head on my lap and I pass my hand through her hair to comfort her.

"Thank you for this and being here with me." I said.

"I'm always gonna be here." I said.

"Promise?" Kaitlyn asked.

"I promise, always and forever." I said.

"I promise you too." She said and I smiled. After a while of silence she fell asleep. I gently move my lap from under her and replacing it with a pillow.

I took a walk outside to get some water. Where the heck is this kitchen? I walked until I saw a door slightly open, and the lights on. Maybe this it, Kaitlyn's dad probably in here?!

"Hello?" I called as I walked in. I heard no response. Maybe he forgot to switch the kitchen lights off, only one problem, this isn't the kitchen.

"You looking for something?" I jump back into surprise as I turn to see Kaitlyn's dad on a sofa chair, a bottle of whiskey on the table and a glass of whiskey in his hands.

"Sorry Mr Young. I was looking for the kitchen." I said.

"Further down this hall, make a right." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Veronica, is it?" He asked.

"Yes, uhmm Mr Young" I said.

"What you and Kaitlyn did, was it all your idea?" He asked.

"Partially. Everything happened so fast that, I haven't realized that someone was getting hurt and another family is being destroyed." I said.

"I would of disagree with what you said but its true. But in the end, it was the right thing to do." He said.

"I'm sorry Mr Young." I said.

"Its not your fault. You did the right thing. I'm only drinking since I don't wanna think about anything right now." He said.

"Goodnight Mr Young." I said.

"Goodnight Veronica." He said and I smiled. As I was about to walk out the door he spoke.

"And Veronica." He said as I turned around.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"You're different, you're not like the other Johnson's. I'm sure your father would of been proud of you, had he been here to see that this apple fell far from the tree." He said and I smiled with a nod before leaving.

I walked into the kitchen and took a bottle of water.

"Dad, wherever you are right now. I hope you're really proud of me, I miss you, despite the things you've done wrong you were still my father always will be." I said to myself. After drinking the water, I walked back to the room. Kaitlyn was still asleep.

As I was about to lay down, I got a message and I have a pretty good idea who's it from.

Unknown:

Your dad is extremely proud of you, don't worry. night night little Ronnie ;)

~Black Masked

"Little Ronnie? The only people who call me that name was my dad." I said as tears fell off my eyes. What?! How the hell did they know that?! I then saw Kaitlyn's moving around. I then put away my phone and went to sleep as well. It was already midnight anyways.

The Next Morning....

I woke up to the sound of a hairdryer, pretty sure its Kaitlyn's.

"Hey." I said as I sat up blinking.

"Good morning. I put some new clothes for you there." She said suggesting her head to the sofa.

"Good morning and thanks." I said and she smiled. I checked my phone and saw lots of messages and voicemails from Selena and Jayden. Thank God my mom doesn't know anything.

Instead of relying any of them, I just got up and refresh myself before taking a shower. After I was done, Kaitlyn was just adding a little makeup to her face.

"Pretty." I said and chuckle. I can tell she's still pretty hurt. I dried off, change and blow dried my hair.

Kaitlyn did my makeup, with a lot of giggling obviously. I tried my best to keep making her smile.

"There all done." I said. As she was about to get up I grabbed her wrist and then hugged her.

"I know you're still hurting and like I said last night. I'm here with you through it all." I said.

"Thank you." She said as I felt her tears. This is so heartbreaking, I can feel the pain of hers and its not good at all.

"Let's get going? We have classes." She said as we broke the hug and she wa quickly started looking for her books.

"Uhmm Katie..." I said.

"Don't worry. Yours in the car, wait is mines also in the car?!" She asked.

"Katie bear, today's Saturday." I said she give that 'oh' kind of look.

"Right." She said and I laughed a little.

"So what exactly are we gonna do today?" She asked.

"We'll figure it out once you eat breakfast." I said.

"But I still don't have any appetite." She said.

"Oh come on. You love eating." I said.

"I don't know." She said. We both grabbed our bags and I then grabbed her hands, dragging her down.

"Dude." She said and I smiled.

"I know you're in a sad mood but you have to eat, else you'll fall ill! And if our sunshine turns to rain, then who'll brighten our day?" I asked and she smiled. As we walk to the living room we smelled something delicious.

"What's that?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Dad?!" Kaitlyn called.

"In here sweetie!" He said. We both walked to the kitchen to see breakfast I'm assuming, already made.

"Good morning dad." Kaitlyn said.

"Good morning Mr Young." I said.

"Morning girls. I decided to prepare breakfast. I mean, we have a guess here, can't make it seem bad." He laughed.

He's being strong, for his daughter's sake, and that's what make him a great father and person.

"Really?!" Kaitlyn asked and her dad winked at us.

"Thank you Mr Young." I said.

"Ah its no problem... and you don't have to address me so formally Veronica." He said.

"I know but it's respectful." I said and he smiled as he give us each a plate of pancakes, bacon and eggs with orange juice, as we sat by the counter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡