Chapter 52

"So your mother lied about where she was?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Yeah, basically." I said.

"This is rare and weird." Selena said.

"What do you mean?" Ava asked.

"Just that aunt Ria wouldn't lie unless its really really important, life and death situation you know." She said.

"You forgot the path where she lied about my entire life." I said.

"Ronnie. Cut her some slacks. You know that they were being controlled by Black Masked once. She didn't have much of a choice." Selena said.

"Not much of a choice? She could've told me." I said.

"Wait wait... your mother was control by Black Masked?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Care to elaborate on that?" Ava asked.

"Long story short, it was technically all of our families. Selena's and I." I said.

"So now, we can confirm they're the new Black Masked. Follow the fashion trend." Kaitlyn said.

"Its not enough to prove that they're the ones behind this." Ava said.

"So now what?" I asked.

"We just follow the plan we originally have. Tomorrow we'll get some blank spaces filled." Ava said and we all agreed.

After having a late night snack we all headed in our beds. I was laying down on my bed, and both Kaitlyn and I turned to face each other.

"Can I ask you something?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Sure what?" I asked.

"You and Ava's dad... have anything happened afterwards?" She asked.

"No. Why would you ask that so suddenly?" I asked.

"I've always wanted to ask that, I just couldn't find the proper time. It was always in my head actually." She said.

"Oh. Then no. It was only that one drunk night kiss, unfortunately." I said.

"Have you told Jayden?" She asked.

"Not yet. I'm waiting for him to return." I said.

"Oh. Do you think we have the right to love who we want? Generally speaking." She asked.

"Of course. Unless you mean the situation with me and Mr Benson." I said.

"No no. I mean like if I love someone, their age, identity wouldn't matter right?" She asked.

"Katie, of course not. We love you no matter who you love. You'll always be the same Katie to us no matter what." I said.

"Thanks." She said.

"So who do you love?" I asked curiously.

"You'll know that soon." She said covering her head with her blanket.

"Hey! No fair!" I said laughing.

"Goodnight." Kaitlyn said.

"Goodnight." I said laughing.

*********
The Next Day...

We all set out to our plan. Kaitlyn and Selena waited in the car while Ava and I went to meet Reena.

"This is all of your grandmother's stuffs.  I'd suggest you do quickly with them before your grandmother returns from her daily medical routine. She hates it when anyone touches her things." Reena said giving us a bag and a box.