Chapter 35

"Aunt Aria and uncle Scott. Their relationship was complicated. Your mom was only seventeen when aunt Lesley took her to a Johnson's party. Uncle Brandon was away on business trip or something. Your mom was drinking a lot and so was uncle Scott I think and they..." She started but stopped. I then raised my eyebrows looking away.

"I get that part, continue." I said.

"After your mom found out she was pregnant, she told uncle Scott who ignored her and left her alone and pregnant. Your grandparents kicked her out the house, aunt Lesley also made her leave after staying a while, until she met my mom. And from there my mom helped her to stand back up. She started working for uncle Brandon and well, I don't quite know the story of them both though." Selena said.

"Its fine. You told me enough already." I said looking at the lake.

"But. I think I remembered that uncle Scott was indeed in love with your mom, until he met aunt Ivy that is." She said and I looked at her.

"So basically, he was in love with my mom but mom loved my dad?" I asked.

"Yeah, basically. I think, aunt Aria was his first love. I don't know that much. All I told you is what I found out, been told by my mom and little of what I remembered happened." She said.

"Whatever you told me today, can you not tell the others about it?" I asked her.

"Why would I tell Kaitlyn and Ava this?" Selena asked.

"Don't know. Just say you went out for icecream or something." I said.

"Untrue but speaking off Kaitlyn and Ava. Its only been like a day and night without you and Kaitlyn miss you like crazy and so does Ava even though she tries to deny it and even I do. When do you plan on returning? You still do have classes anyways." She said.

"I know. I just can't, really think straight. Besides I'm not able to face Ava yet." I said.

"What Ava said, I'm truly sorry. She was upset. Kaitlyn is someone she really cares about a lot. And her losing her mother, grandmother in a way and her dad for some time, she's only had Kaitlyn by side until now." She said.

"Haven't I also lost people I cared about?" I asked.

"I know but-" She started but I cut her off.

"I'll think about it. Also thanks for everything again. I know we don't see eye to eye but, yet you still came. Why?" I asked her.

"Because I owed you a lot. But there's something else you need to know. Why I did what I did all those years ago, why I had to lie." She said and I looked at her.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Aunt Lesley was a psychotic person who was known as the White Masked, pretty sure she got the idea from aunt Ivy. And then she came into the Johnson Mansion where we were at and aunt Aria as well. We had to run and hide. Aunt Lesley met up with me and told me if I didn't lie she'd kill you and aunt Aria. I got scared as a little kid and did as I was told." She said which broke my heart.

"I- you don't have to explain any-" I started but she cut me off.

"Its no excuse. I do feel a lot guilty and your father's death, was indeed sort of my fault and I'm really really sorry about it. And I also didn't mean to keep this what I told you earlier a secret. I honestly thought you knew about your biolog-" She said but I cut her off.

"Wait why would you think I already knew about it?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just assume. I mean we're not exactly the close ones to talk about these things." Selena said and I nodded.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen, and give you a chance to explain." I said.

"I deserved it. I was looking for some way to make up for what I did. So if you need help of anything, just tell me." She said.

"It's fine as of now. You should head back." I said and she nodded.

"Take care." She said and I nodded. As I was about to walk away I just realised something.

"One more thing. You said aunt Lesley was White Masked and got the idea from aunt Ivy?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah. I'm guessing you don't know anything about the whole Black Masked problem they had?" She said and I looked her with a confused and shocked face.

"Did you say Black Masked?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Aunt Ivy was the Black Masked and aunt Lesley was the White Masked. Threatening and deaths... its was beyond dangerous." She said. Maybe I can have some more information of this to figure out my problem.

"Do you have anything plan for today?" I asked her.

"Except the classes I called in sick for our meeting right now, I'm clear why?" She asked.

"Seems like we'll be having ice creams  after all." I said and she smiled a confuse one.

************
Scott's POV....

Its been a few hours since Veronica stormed out the house. Aria and I were trying to figure out how she knew about it.

"I still don't get it. How can- how did she find out?" Aria asked.

"I don't know. I'm still trying to figure it out." I said.

"Do you think its-" I then cut her off.

"Not possible. We haven't heard of Lesley since years and Ivy has no reason to do this." I said.

"Then, who told her about it?" Aria asked.

"I don't know... maybe she found out, someone must've told her!" I said frustrated at the situation. Aria then slammed her fist on the table looking at me upset.

"You don't have the right to get upset! Because you're not the one whose only child may never speak to again!" Aria said. Thinking back she's right.

"I'm sorry. You're right though. Had I not make that one stupid mistake all those years ago, we wouldn't be here right now and none of this would of happened." I said resting my hand on hers.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"The day you told me you were pregnant with her. Had I just... if only I stayed then things would not have turned out the way it is now. Veronica wouldn't be upset, Brandon might still be alive and..." She then cut me off.

"Scott what's done is done. Everything happened for a reason. Brandon and I wouldn't have found each other, fell in love and have such a beautiful family. You wouldn't have met Ivy and Isabella wouldn't be here." She said and I smiled with a nod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡