Chapter 20

Selena quickly left the apartment following after Ava without saying a word to me. Even she's upset! She has no rights to be! She did similar to me.

I did what I did only because of Evelyn.

Flashback...
Few Hours Ago..

"Screw you!" I screamed and everyone including Nina looked back at me.

"Sorry!" I whispered as everyone went back to what they were doing. Gosh! What do I do?! I guess I'll have to do what needs to be done.

"Hey!" A familiar voice said and I looked up to see who it was. Thank God!

"Evelyn! How have you been?" I said hugging her before sitting back down.

"Great! What about you?!" She asked as she sat down next to me.

"Not so great." I said honestly.

"Why what's wrong?" She asked.

"If you had to choose between saving someone's identity and possibly life or choose to save some friendships and causing less pain to that person even though it might be your fault from the start, what would you have choosen?" I asked her.

"Ronnie that's deep." She said.

"I know. Its for a... uhmm song.. for m-my assignment. I'm just a little confuse." I lied. Well partially lied since I can use this to write a song and I'm also confused.

"Well for me, I would of choosen the person whose life might be at risk. Because one we're talking about an actual life and two since it was your fault from the start that you may cause pain to the other person then you'd have to take responsibility for your actions." She said.

"Makes sense. But even if it may not necessarily be you causing the pain to the person, but someone related to you have?" I asked.

"Then, maybe you should talk to the person whose life might be at risk. Like, find out more how exactly their life will be at risk if you don't already know." She said. She's absolutely right.

"Thanks Evelyn. I think I got my answer." I said and she smiled.

"Good. Tell me how this...song of yours is. I would sure love to hear it." She said and I smiled nervously.

End Of Flashback

Present Time....

Gosh! What have I done?! I then got another message. And I can bet I know who its from.

Unknown:
Nice choice. But what will happened when Ava finds out about the other part of this story ? Oh well... we'll just have to wait and watch..

~Black Masked

"Other side of the story?" I asked myself. And then the thought came back.

I quickly left the apartment and drove to someone who will tell me everything and the missing pieces of the puzzle. I texted Evelyn to meet me at the location.

I was crying as everything came back to me. All the things my family did. Who knows what other things, and which other families they destroyed.

As I arrived, I waited a few minutes before Evelyn arrived. She didn't asked anything and we both walked into the building.

"Hi can I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"Hi. We are here to visit Mr Jackson Benson." I said.

"Are you a relative?" She asked.

"Most definitely. Our families are old acquaintances." I said.

"Do you have proof of identity?" She asked.

"No. But I did came here a couple days ago?" I said.

"Under what name?" She asked looking at her desk top.

"Kaitlyn Young?" I asked. The lady looked at us before nodding. After a couple minutes we were brought back into the same room like last time. And soon Mr Benson came. He took one look and was hesitant to see us.

"Mr Benson." I said as he sat down and was handcuffed to the table. One cop stayed in the room while the others left.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"I came today, because I need to know everything that happened to your family and how is Kaitlyn's family related to it?" I said and he looked at me angrily.

"What makes you think I would say anything?" He asked leaning in a little closer in lower voice.

"Either ways, I'm not leaving here without any information. Your daughter knows my identity and she's upset right now." I said.

"And finding out what happened that day is going to help how?" He asked.

"I don't want Ava to think I'm just like my family. Me and my mother aren't apart of their psycho rituals!" I said getting impatient.

"Alright. Here's what happened." He said and started telling me everything.
How he was tricked by Kaitlyn's mother, how my family tricked him and they accuse him of fraud and sexual assault, giving him lifetime imprisonment. Which was all fault and he was innocent.

"Oh my God! They're right, my family is monsters." I said to myself as a tear roll off my eyes, and Evelyn touched my hands.

"Ronnie, don't." She said to me.

"Ava does have a right to start hating me." I said sniffing.

"Both you and your mother are innocent! You have done nothing wrong!" Evelyn said.

"Wouldn't be too sure. In the end, both you and your mother carry Johnson as your last names." He said.

"Me and my mother are nothing like them!" I said.

"Whether your mother remarries or what, you are still a Johnson whether you like it or not! You have their DNA!" He said and I angrily got up.

"I also carry my mother's DNA. Like I said, I'm nothing like them." I said storming out the room.

"Veronica!" Evelyn called after me.

We both walked back to my car. Evelyn signed us out.

"Veronica!" She called after me.

"I got what I needed to know. I'm going to get him out of there, but first... I have someone I need to confront first!" I said getting in my car.

"I have something I need to do, I'm sorry I won't be able to join you." Evelyn said.

"Its fine. Its best I go back alone. Thanks for coming." I said.

"Call me if you need anything else." She said and I nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡