Chapter 19

Veronica's POV...

I was staying back in the library, and literally going through the shelves looking to keep myself occupied. I can't face Jayden right now. I still don't know what I'm gonna do.

"Excuse me, do you need some help?" The librarian came over to me. I think she's in her late twenties, wavy blonde hair wearing a simple dress with a light brown coat over.

"Uh.. I'm fine." I said.

"Are you sure? You've been searching each shelf." She asked concern.

"Uhmm... I was looking for, an... uhmm..." I started and she looked at me confused.

"An?" She asked.

"An musical history book... like from the earliest of years. We have this research project coming up and it slip my mind." I said nervously with a nervous laugh.

"Oh. Then you should check in that shelf there. I think I know exactly which book you need." She said carrying me to the music shelves. She started looking through it books.

"Ah ha! Here you go!" She said handing me a huge brown music history book. I could of find this myself, ugh!

"Thank you so much!" I said smiling taking the book.

"You're welcome. I'm Nina by the way." She said introducing herself.

"Veronica." I said.

"Pretty name. Well let me know if you need anything else Veronica." She said.

"Thank you Nina." I said and she smiled before leaving. I went and sat down before checking my phone.

Jayden:
Hey princess. If you're upset with me about yesterday, then I'm sorry..

Jayden:
Hey. Still aren't seeing you. Where are you?

Jayden:
Veronica are you seriously that upset with me? Can we just talk please?

Kaitlyn:
Hey. Where are you? Bad boy Jayden here is missing you... lol

Kaitlyn:
Hey Ronnie. Where are you?! Is everything okay?

Kaitlyn:
Veronica? Please respond!!

Woah! So many messages. Gosh! I have to see Jayden for last period anyways but what should I do?! I then got another message. Probably from one of them telling me lunch is almost over.

Unknown:
There there Ronnie... your friends are worried about you :( better have a good meal, who knows if it'll be the last one u eat with them ;)

~Black Masked

"Screw you!" I screamed and everyone including Nina looked back at me.

"Sorry!" I whispered as everyone went back to what they were doing. Gosh! What do I do?! I guess I'll have to do what needs to be done.

"Hey!" A familiar voice said and I looked up to see who it was. Thank God!

*********
Jayden's POV....

Lunch is over and I still haven't heard from Veronica. Wow! Does she hates me that much that she doesn't want to see me? But yesterday I was pretty sure she felt something... what happened?! Did it scare her?

I then got a text message as I entered class. I quickly checked my phone.

Veronica:

Meet me outside at the parking lot now. You have 5 mins or I'm leaving.

"Mr Kim you need to put your devices away!" Our professor said. I quickly ran back out the classroom.

"Mr Jayden Kim!" I heard him calling. I quickly reached the parking lot where I saw Veronica, her back was facing me. I walked up closer to her.

"Veronica!" I called her. She sniff before turning around. Her eyes was tearing, some roll down her face. Was she crying?!

"Jayden. I'm sorry, I..." She started and without thinking I hugged her.

"Its fine. Whatever you're going through, I'm here." I said.

"No, Jayden. There's something I have to do. But first, I need to ask you something." She said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"What would happen if your identity, including your father's, about him being a mafia drug lord and all that, what happens if it got out to the world?" She asked. What?!

"Veronica, why are you asking that? Did you tell anyone?" I asked confused.

"What no! I'm just asking. Because, I'm in a situation where I have to make a rushed decision." She said.

"If mines and my father's identity got out, not only will my father be facing lifetime imprisonment but both our life's will be at risk. It is the most dangerous thing ever, if that happens." I explained and she nodded.

"Okay. I got my answer. You should go back to class." She said looking before looking at me.

"Veronica what's wrong?" I asked.

"Jayden, nothing's wrong. Just... some issues with my roommates and family." She said forcing a smile, I think?

"Are you sure?" I asked and she smiled with a nod.

"Yes. Now go back to class and can you give Kaitlyn a lift home? I have something important I need to do." She said.

"Sure. Anything else?" I asked.

"No, that's all." She said. I know something's wrong but I won't pressure her to tell me if she isn't comfortable yet.

"Okay well, see you?" I asked.

"Sure." She said. As I was about to walk away Veronica grabbed my wrist. I turned my head only to kiss her. Well she was kissing me.

As we pulled away, we smiled and I then left smiling.

*********
Veronica's POV...

After I gave what supposed to be what I think is a goodbye kiss to Jayden, I went straight to the apartment. As I walked in I saw Ava and Selena sitting on the sofa.

"Ava? We need to talk. I have something I need to tell you." I said and both she and Selena looked at me. I made the decision, I can't destroy another family. Jayden's father is all he got.

"Why aren't you in class?" Selena asked and I ignored her.

"What is it?" She asked with a concern voice.

"Its about your family." They both quickly got up.

"What about them?" She asked walking closer to me.

"My family is Johnson. The ones responsible for destroying your family. I'm Brandon and Aria's daughter." I said and she looked at me before looking at Selena.

"No. Impossible, can't be." She said in a low voice before stepping away from Selena.

"Ava I- " Selena said walking closer to her but Ava stopped her.

"Don't! Stay away from me!" She said, her voice sounding in pain.

"Ava! I'm so sorry for what our grandparents did. My father was only a young and naive." I said.

"Just don't! I can't be here right now!" She said quickly running out the apartment, pass me slamming the door shut. Selena was looking at me confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡