Chapter 61

After Veronica told us everything, she did however skipped a few things like what happened between her and Jackson and other minor things... but it didn't seem to have much importance in it either.

"Your time's up." The guard said.

"We're wrapping up." Aria said as we got up.

"Mom, can I say something to Kaitlyn alone please?" Veronica asked and Aria looked at us before agreeing.

"Sure. I'll fill out the paper works, if there's any. Be quick alright." Aria said and we nodded.

"They just want two minutes together in private." Aria told the guard and she was about to leave.

"Mom! I love you!" Veronica said to Aria.

"I love you too!" Aria said with a small smile before leaving.

"We have two minutes!" I said.

"I need you to switch it off." Veronica said.

"Why?!" The others asked as I turned off the comms.

"What's so important?" I asked.

"I need you to tell Evelyn, make sure Jayden's doing alright and tell him I've moved away for some time
but don't tell him nothing of what's going on." Veronica said.

"You needed to tell me that in private?" I asked and she looked away.

"Hmm.." She nod.

"There's something else. You wanna talk about, like why you didn't mention Mr Benson?" I asked.

"Not exactly but I need you to delete the photos that Black Masked sent me from my phone, in case anyone else sees it or find out." She said.

"Yeah I'll see about it. Don't worry." I said.

"You don't hate me for that, do you?" She asked.

"No. I mean its the alcohol and you were going through a hard time." I said and she sighed.

"Oh God- what else happened?" I asked.

"No nothing happened between us again, I swear! Just that- I wish I had this conversation with you before in full terms." She said.

"Don't say you've fallen for him!" I said and she looked at me like 'really?'

"No. But-" As she was about to finish the guard spoke.

"Times up since five minutes ago. You need to go now!" He said.

"I'll see you soon. Love you!" I said.

"Love you too! Tell Ava everything. Only Ava!" She said quickly before I was escorted out.

While leaving I felt my heart break and eyes filled with tears.

After leaving we were heading back home.

"I don't mean to invade your privacy but what did Veronica wanted to talk about in private?" Aria asked.

"Uhm... it wasn't nothing important. Only something about Jayden to make sure he's alright and for us to tell him a made up story of her moving away." I said.

"Oh okay. You've been a really great friend to my little girl who I should finally admit isn't so little anymore." Aria said.

"Veronica is such an amazing person. I'm so happy I met her. You did an amazing job." I said and Aria smiled.

"Thank you." She said her eyes all teary. It seem like I was the first and only one to ever tell that to her.

********
After arriving, I quickly went up to Selena's room to meet her and Ava. I was told that Evelyn had gone out with Scott and his team of lawyers since Evelyn's family has connection with some law firm and detective contact or something. Ivy and Mr Benson had stayed back incase.

"Hey guys!" I said.

"Hey. Uhm... we got the permission, and we brought back some of clothes from the apartment and personal things. Its in your room." Selena said.

"Oh thanks." I said.

"Somethings wrong. What happened after you switch the comms and speaker off ?" Ava said.

"That's what I'm here to talk to you about." I said.

"What?" She asked.

"Uhm...first I need to apologize for not telling you sooner. It wasn't my place to tell you so I kept quiet. Also you should know no one's at fault here." I said.

"Katie, what are talking about?" Selena asked.

"What happened again?" Ava asked.

"Remember the time when you and Veronica had the argument when I was injured, and she left?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said.

"Remember the night we went out to grab some food because your dad was drinking heavily, and then when we return we found Veronica passed out in her room?" I said.

"Yes yes! What are you trying to say?" Ava asked. Selena was looking at us carefully, as if she knows where I'm getting at.

"Something happened between them. Both being heavily controlled by alcohol, they kiss or made out or something but that was it. Nothing else happened!" I said. Ava closed her eyes shut tightly in boiling anger while Selena looked away disappointed.

"Ava, please say something!" Selena said.

"What the hell do you want me to say?!" She yelled furiously.

"They're both over guilty about it to the point where they couldn't even look at you! They tried to tell you! Veronica wanted to tell you the next day but we stopped her. I'm sorry!" I said as I saw tears rolled off her eyes before she got up and left slamming the door causing us to flinch.

"I'll go check on her." Selena said.

"Shouldn't we give her time to process?" I asked.

"At this time, I think not." She said before leaving. After a few minutes I got a text message.

Unknown:

I wonder why would someone be upset knowing two others kissed?

~Black Masked

"Seriously, how does it do this?!" I asked myself as I got up to go show to Ava and Selena.

As I was walking around I finally saw them in the balcony. As I was about to say something I overheard the conversation.

"You weren't upset because she kissed your dad is it? But- because it was him and not you?" Selena said and Ava kept looking out at the scenery. Of course! Why didn't I see it?

"You're not making sense." Ava said.

"Since the first day you met her... you've fallen for her. And ever since you've loved her in dark...why?" Selena asked.

"I don't love Veronica alright? I am not in love!" Ava said.

"Then why are you upset? And since when did I mention Veronica's name?" Selena said and Ava looked away.

"You're fooling yourself!" Ava said.

"You're the one whose fooling yourself! I'm your best friend and I recognize it, I can recognize someone being in love! Why are you so scared to admit it?" Selena asked.

"Fine! There I admit it! Happy now?" She said. Finally she admitted it.

"Why didn't you tell her? You've love her for so long!" Selena said.

"Because in silence I feel no rejection." Ava said as tears fell down her eyes. Ouch! That hit me hard though. Selena and her then hugged it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment & share♡