Here With You- 5

Cherry blossoms budded out in their full splendor as I walked with Charlotte through the park. It just so happened to be the perfect time of year to take her to visit the island with me. I knew she'd love seeing these. The occasional soft pink petal floated past her on the breeze, taking my breath away along with it. After a couple days of going from one boring meeting to another and dealing with my least favorite type of people- diplomats- I needed this desperately. Just me and my woman. It was quite the healing experience. 

She wore one of her more casual blue dresses, and the way it swayed just so with her hips as she walked... I bit my cheek to stop my thoughts from getting out of hand.

If I could have a garden, Charlotte would be the only flower I'd need to plant in it. Her golden hair radiating like a sunflower, her blue eyes as unforgettable as small, perfect petals, with vibrant leaves curving out... damn... I shook my head to clear it. There I go thinking about her curves again.

I was also impressed at how quickly she could adapt to new things. Her language skills were rapidly increasing. She was able to read most signs now and could even finish that book I bought her all on her own. Her accent was still trash though, and I couldn't stop from bursting out into laughter every time she tried to talk. When I did, she'd give me the death glare and that would only crack me up more. Still, I loved her for continuing to try despite my lousy support. She even picked up on small social cues like eye contact and how to use the currency.

Sadly, we hadn't gone out much, if at all, until today. I had to pull out Mr. Grumpy Yami and talk to the idiots in charge like children for them to give us a fucking day off. It was just one lousy day, but I was determined to make the most of it. We had already visited a few memorials and museums, which Charlotte liked but it bored the hell out of me. This park was our last stop before going out for dinner.

"Yami, what does this plaque say?" She turned to me and I sauntered over. There was a small engraving on a metal sign explaining a nearby statue.

"Nothing important, it's not really worth reading."

Her blue eyes pierced through my soul and I knew I had succeeded at getting under her nerves.

"Fine, I'll just write it down and look it up later," she huffed as she pushed me.

Oh, that was a mistake.

I swiftly and stealthily wrapped an arm around her, locking her in place next to my side. Bending my lips to her ear I whisper, "Ohhh, so you don't need me anymore, Prickly Queen?"

"I never said all that..." she whispered back, her eyes wavering between fierceness and her more docile side. My heart thudded in my chest as I fantasized about taking her right here and now in the middle of the park. Those pursed lips pressed against mine, trailing kisses down my abs and lower...

Shit. She wriggled free of my grip. I grunted in annoyance, not necessarily at her, but at the fact that now I was turned on and I couldn't do much about it. She's always doing this to me... My pants felt all tight and it wasn't helping that she looked so damn adorable with her arms crossed over her chest like that.

"Kiss me and I'll read it to you," I offered. A fair exchange, in my opinion. Actually I was being generous. I was always generous with her.

"Mmm, deal," she hummed as she stretched up to kiss my lips. She lingered longer than I expected her to... I certainly wasn't complaining. I reached down to grab her waist, but she spun away just as my fingers were about to brush up against her.

So that's how we're playing it, huh?

"Watch yourself," I shot a warning at her, licking my lips.

"And if I don't? What are you going to do?"