I like you

~YAMI~

"I'm taking you on a date." Charlotte's jaw dropped clear through the floor.

"You're gonna swallow flies if you keep your mouth open like that," he told her, walking towards the exit.

Slowly, she turned to follow him and closed her mouth. She opened her mouth as if to say something, then closed it again. When they were outside he heard her murmur, "Stupid Yami doesn't even know what a date is." Her voice was so melodic, why was it that whenever she mentioned him it had to be an insult? It made her sound even more appealing to him.

"Oh? Is that so?" He said with a laugh. She snapped her eyes up to his, a fire lit within them that made his skin crawl. His breath hitched in his throat, she's way too out of my league. Good thing I don't give a rat's ass about that kind of stuff.

He summoned his broom, holding it out to her as he instructed, "I thought we could ride together, get all cozy if you know what I mean," and gave her a wink. He really enjoyed teasing her, the look on her face was priceless. He secretly hoped she would hit him.

"What are you getting at Yami? What do you want? I'm tired of playing games with you!" She squealed, her beautiful skin more red than he had ever seen it.

He sighed, "Charlotte, I like you, ok? I, uh, didn't know what you'd like to do, so I asked Julius if he could send the two of us on a mission, so I could tell you about my feelings for you. Just get on the broom and I promise I'll do all the talking," he was sure he couldn't keep that promise, but his common sense went out the window a long time ago.

"If you don't get on, I'll put you on myself," he declared, embarrassed by exposing his feelings to her.

The only way I can give her a proper explanation is if I'm up in the air, miles away from everyone else, and not awkwardly standing around.

From the looks of her, he really would have to lead the conversation, and right now she was making him want to do more than talk.

Charlotte huffed, then climbed on his broom. He got on behind her, siting instead of standing so there would be room for the both of them. He took off with the speed of a man who either wanted to run away from, or run towards, his deepest desires.

After a while the cool air had calmed his thoughts and he was just enjoying the moment. She hadn't relaxed one bit, he was amused at her ability to remain as tense as a stone even at his high speed. The breeze carried the light smell of roses to him, her blonde hair shining like a marigold.

Eventually, she broke the silence, "What exactly did you mean when you said you liked me?" She asked, her voice calm yet hesitant.

"Mmmmmmm," he hummed, leaning over her, his body wrapping around her curvy figure.

"I meant that you're the most beautiful woman in the whole world. Not only in a physical way, but your intellect, your willpower, your compassion, everything about you is beautiful."

She turned to look at his face, which was dangerously close to her own. His dark charcoal eyes met hers, the color of a clear sky after a rain shower.

"You're not joking around this time, are you?" She asked, a surprised look overtaking her face.

"Nope, not this time. I understand if you dislike me, even if you hate me. I know you want to be a strong independent woman and do everything on your own. I'm just asking you to let me be a part of your world, even if it's just for today."

He had considered that she might never talk to him again after he pulled this on her, but after having an uncomfortable amount of life-or-death situations recently, he decided that it- she- was worth the risk. He already knew he was gonna have to really out do himself if he wanted to win her over.

"Okay," her delicate voice came to his ears, her response making him almost fall off the broom. He had to brace himself by grabbing the wooden handle in front of her, which caused them to press into each other. Charlotte gasped and reflexively elbowed him in the face.

"Ehhhh," Yami groaned, shocked from the near fall and then the direct hit to his eye. He didn't mind the pain too much, but the black eye wasn't the look he was going for on a first date.

"Whhhaaaa? Yami, are you ok? Oh no, I hit you!!" Charlotte turned to help stabilize him, noticing his eye already swelling up.

This is going along perfectly. Yami knew he was a total failure, but this was off the charts.

"Let me heal you!" Charlotte panicked, and grew a small rose from the palm of her hand. It was like a living sapphire, intricate and packed with powerful mana. She placed the blue rose over his eye and he felt a cool sensation as it took away the sting. He leaned into her hand, loving the contrast between the throbbing under his skin and her silky touch.

Getting back his balance, he kept one hand on the broom and placed the other over her hand that was healing him. Her skin was soft, her hand like that of a child's inside of his.

"You're certainly a problematic woman, aren't you?" He whispered to her, almost breathless from her beauty and her touch.

A/N: they both admire each other so much, it's too adorable. Do you believe in soul mates?