Hot and Cold...

... and steamy.

Celebrating 30K reads with this chapter! Partay! Thank you all for supporting this story! Enjoy!

"Wow," Charlotte breathed as she set eyes on the massive tub in the master suite.

Not only was it intractably carved out of elegant white marble, but it would comfortably fit her and Yami. Her abdomen tightened at the thought.

Yami's lips met with the back of her neck as his fingers feathered over her sides. Breath hitched in her throat, Charlotte's body betrayed her normal composure and leaned into his touch.

"Wow, indeed," Yami muttered against her searing skin.

He wasn't talking about the tub.

"A warm bath would certainly help with... with..." Charlotte's voice died as Yami pressed into her from behind, his impressive length making its presence known against her ass. His hands wandered shamelessly lower, smoothing her dress between her legs and cupping her more delicate parts.

Though they were both fully clothed, Yami's usual apparel didn't leave much to the imagination. The well-worked muscles in his chest pressed into her back through her garments. His burly arms caged her delicate frame against him. Not that she wanted to escape.

He hissed, and Charlotte became aware of her vines wrapping around his calves, biting into his flesh like starved critters. They really had a mind of their own.

"S-sorry," she mumbled.

"Oh, you're not sorry yet, prickly princess," Yami whispered in her ear. He nommed on her earlobe and her knees practically collapsed. His arms braced her waist against his; she was starting to feel like his personal ragdoll.

"It was a rather cold ride here. Yes, a warm bath would help with that," she said, miraculously recalling her original train of thought. Although, she wasn't all that cold anymore.

Yami relaxed his grip and she made a conscious effort to reel in her vines. "I'll start the water," she added.

"Hm," Yami hummed.

Not daring to turn around and risk get caught in his looks, or lips for that matter, she made a bee-line to the bath.

Kneeling on the floor next to the tub, she listened to the rumble of the faucet and let her mind wander away from her daydreams, back to the mission. Two young girls disappeared the same week, in an otherwise peaceful and plain village. They were missing some piece of vital information, and both Yami and Julius knew it.

The village chief had greeted her squad upon their arrival, and informed them that tomorrow there would be a feast in their honor, allowing the Magic Knights an opportunity to talk to everyone. The village was certainly charming and hospitable, but there was something off about it. Something she couldn't place, but nipped at her mind incessantly.

A splash of warm water on her knees brought her back to the present. Well, less of a splash and more of a small flood. The tub had started to overflow.

"Oh my," she scolded herself and jumped up to turn the knob. In the process she bumped into something, or someone, else. Spinning, she saw Yami in his birthday suit in all his glory, as menacing as ever. How he managed to look threatening while completely naked bewildered her.

Not that she was scared of him- no, the only part of her in danger was the sweet spot between her legs. Which was currently tingling in anticipation.

"Distracted?" Yami asked, conversing as if she wasn't drooling all over him.

A lady like her would usually never drool but this was an exception, seeing as Yami certainly didn't treat her like a lady. Or he wasn't about to.

"I am," she responded simply, then turned her back to him. "Mind helping me get this off?"

"With pleasure," he murmured. This time he didn't hold her close, their only point of contact his nimble fingers as they unbuttoned her dress. Then he pealed it off her shoulders, and the royal blue fabric fell with a graceful thud around her ankles.

Next came her undergarments, which he took his time with as well. Charlotte eyed the steaming water and began to feel effects of the chilled air caressing her exposed skin. Yami's fingers wandered every now and then, brushing her neck or sides. He made it increasingly difficult to focus.

Instead of letting her undergarments drop, she felt him kneel behind her and glide the thin fabric past her waist. He looped his fingers around her panties and dragged them down her thighs as well. Completely exposed to him, she wondered why he wasn't moving to the tub.

Then she felt his mouth place a wet kiss on her behind. She squealed and jumped. His hands gripped onto her thighs and held her in place. The only option available was to endure his sensual assault, unable to even watch or predict his movements.

Yami kissed a path up to her hip, then down, wandering dangerously close to her sex before veering around her leg. She gasped as his tongue licked the back of her knee.

"Yami," she breathed out. He moved to her other knee, leaving a blazing trail of soft kisses up her now chilled skin.

Arousal peeked, her vines crept out from her tail bone and cuffed his wrists to her legs. His teeth grazed the tender skin on the inside of her thigh. In response her vines bit mercilessly into him. He let out a throaty growl that only moistened her more.

"Ah," she moaned, letting her eyes close to focus on feeling Yami through her body, her vines, through each and every sense. If he touched her now where she needed it most, she just might come on the spot.

"We should get in that bath now," he said, standing up.