Up & Away

He reached out to tilt her chin towards him, needing to feel connected to her in not only an emotional way, but also a physical one. She shied away, jumping up and pulling her dress down over her legs.

"Wait! Um, I... it's just that there's so many other people around," she stuttered. The rosy pink flush in her cheeks and lips contrasted against the bright blue all around her- the sky, the sea, her eyes...

His eyes traveled lower, following tiny, shimmering droplets of water as they slid down her skin. The white sundress she had been wearing was now soaked. He saw that she was wearing a bikini underneath, and every line on it was clearly visible. It was even better than seeing her in underwear. He licked his lips.

His heart raced. Why did she have to pull away? Why did she take away her warmth?

He stood up. Charlotte must have sensed his now unsatiated want for her, because her eyes widened. Turning away from him to hide her face, she only ended up turning him on more.

That damn dress and bikini are a trap. She's caught me hook, line, and sinker...

"Charlotte..." he murmured as calmly as he could, but it came out more like a deep growl. He wasn't about to let her hide away from him.

When she didn't respond, he figured she was too anxious to speak. About what he had no idea, he only hoped he didn't do anything wrong. Or that he wasn't about to do anything wrong.

"You're coming with me." He huffed and slung her over his shoulder. With one hand securely holding her hip, he carried her across the beach to a more secluded area.

"Yami! For goodness sake! Put. Me Down!" Flailing her arms and balled fists against his broad back, she squirmed, but to no avail. His grip was secure. His mind made up.

He chuckled at her antics. "Now don't get too handsy down there before we get out of plain sight, Prickly Queen," he chided when her hand accidentally slapped his butt.

In reciprocation, he gave her rear a healthy squeeze of his own. Instantly, he regretted it, or rather, enjoyed it more than he should have. The intimate touch was more rewarding than he anticipated, and his pace quickened.

A small outcropping of chiseled rocks sat about 10 meters away from the main beach area. He decided it would make a nice private room for two.

Charlotte finally calmed down, letting her weight sit evenly on his shoulder as her fingers dragged lightly through the wake of his strides. Despite her agitated sigh, he could sense her smile.

He was more than a little pleased at the fact that she let him get away with this at all. That meant he had made the right choice. If she was truly upset, she could easy fend him off- and he'd never fight his Prickly Queen outside of training purposes.

Women are so difficult. Just tell me what you need instead of freezing up all the time.

Stopping in front of a waist-high boulder, he gently swung her around and sat her on top of it. Surprised by how bright red her face was, he planted a small kiss on her lips.

"Tell me what you want," he asked, doing a poor job of hiding his pleasure at having her all to himself.

Her eyes returned his deep, dark stare, not flinching away like she used to. A genuine smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she leaned in closer to him. Their connection filled him with a warm light, like the sun breaking through a wall of clouds.

"You," she whispered.

Well then, you won't have to ask twice.

A strand of hair, like a beam of sunlight, had fallen in front of her face, which he brushed behind her ear.

"I'm all yours," he whispered back as he closed the distance between them, pressing his lips to hers once more.

A/n: Is this story getting too mushy? Idk I can't really help myself guys 😮‍💨

After this date it's gonna get slightly more serious, so yeah hang in there.