You & Me

~CHARLOTTE~

Just thinking about him made her start to sweat, which, was horrible. She was going to smell like a man by the time he finally arrived. She pointlessly wondered if she should have put more perfume on.

Why did Julius call a meeting between only me and the Capitan of the Black Bulls, of all people? She had utterly no idea, and that terrified her.

Julius sat at his desk, filing paperwork. Charlotte tried to stand patiently, but she started to pace after waiting just 5 minutes. Without warning a portal opened in front of her. She couldn't stop, she had already started stepping forward.

Charlotte face-planted straight into what felt like a wall of bricks. Her arms scrambled to brace her fall, which resulted in her grabbing Yami by his very large biceps. Her face grew hot immediately, she felt his eyes on her before she saw them.

"Well then, Prickly Queen, say less. If you needed me, you just had to say so. I must say though... I like your forward approach." He looked like he just rolled out of bed, he hadn't even shaved the stubble off his beard and his black bulls cape was coming untied from his shoulder.

She pulled herself off of him, embarrassed that she wasn't wearing her breast plate which meant her chest had been fully flush with his.

"Y-y-yami! What- you're late again!" She struggled to find something appropriate to say. He just smirked at her in response. This man, I swear, if he's not saving my life, then he's the bane of it.

"And your cape is coming off, don't let it fall on the floor and disrespect your whole squad," she threw the words at him to distract him from what had just happened.

"Ahh, I didn't even notice that, Prickly Queen, would you fix it for me?" He tried to look behind his shoulder to no avail, their incident having twisted the tie to his back.

Charlotte took the opportunity to walk behind him where he couldn't see her face. As she securely tied his robe back on, she admired his physique. There wasn't a single man in the Kingdom that could best him in a battle of strength, of that she was sure.

"Ah, Yami, nice of you to show up," Julius finally looked up from his desk.

"Hehe, yeah, I managed to be less than an hour late today, huh?" He retorted.

"I had hoped you might be on time today, seeing as you're the one who requested this meeting in the first place."

Huh???

"Huh?" He voiced her thoughts, looking as confused as she felt.

Julius let out a heavy sigh, "Yami, you wanted to do a mission specifically with Charlotte Roselei, remember?" He raised one eyebrow at Yami, as if hinting at Yami that he needed to step his game up.

Suddenly Yami was severely choking on air. Charlotte still didn't know what was going on. She stepped toward him and slapped him on the back, trying to help clear his coughing fit. Her arm was a bit stronger than she anticipated, and it seemed to only make things worse.

Yami collected himself, covering his mouth with his hand, and blurted, "Ah, right, ahem. Yes, Julius, I did." Julius rolled his eyes at the two of them.

"The two of you will be handling an assignment to bring down a group of thieves in a village to the south. It's an hour away from the Capitol by broom. I don't expect it will be all that difficult for the two of you to handle. Report back by tomorrow evening, at the latest." With that Marx appeared, informing the Wizard King that he had somewhere to be, and both disappeared from the room.

Charlotte just stood there, her feet rooted to the floor, waiting for someone to tell her what exactly was happening.

"Guess we should get going then," Yami's voice rang around the empty room.

"Aren't you going to explain all this to me? Yami! Why did you ask to go on a mission w-w-with m-me?" Charlotte tried to maintain her dignified persona, but the mere thought that he- Yami- wanted to be with her, cracked her confidence.

He needs to stop doing this to me, my face is all red and I don't look like a Magic Knights Captain at all right now. Despite being so rattled, she was able to get a grip through channeling her frustrations at him.

He turned to face her, looked directly into her crystal blue eyes, and said, "I'm taking you on a date."

A/N: *le gasp*
Aren't we all proud of Yami?

A/N: *le gasp*Aren't we all proud of Yami?