After Party

~ YAMI~

The Captian's dinner was all but a total shit-show on his part. Noelle's training all went out the window as he stared down at the copious amount of utensils, plates, and glasses in front of him. Charlotte tried her best to help him fumble through it, but he ended up not caring enough and defaulted to choosing his favorite fork out of the bunch and just using that. He didn't even know how to pronounce half the foods that were served.

Charlotte wasn't very pleased with him, but he hoped she knew he was really trying his best. Apparently he didn't even know how to hold a fork properly. Yet, he knew if he gave any of these so-called elites a pair of chopsticks, they'd be just as much of a failure as he was.

It was now time for the after-party, and he finally felt his confidence coming back. With Charlotte securely attached to his side, his eyes scanned the crowd for his squad members. It seemed that Asta hadn't yet returned from his dinner with Mimosa and Yuno. My boy is growing up so fast.

Magna and Luck seemed to be enjoying one of the carnival games, Goche was in the stall beside them handing Marie the biggest stuffed animal he had ever seen, while Gordon and Grey were over in the shade looking creepy. Worriedly, he kept looking for Noelle. Her poor heart was set on informally going out tonight with Asta, but he had unknowingly ditched her. It was her fault for not making her intentions more clear, women's feelings were too complicated for any man, much less the bird-brained Asta.

Soon he spotted her arm-in-arm with Vanessa. Uh-oh. That is not good. He waved to them and the pair stumbled over, obviously already very wine-drunk.

"Heyyy therrrre Yamiii," Vanessa slurred.

"Did a little pre-gaming did we?" He asked them once they got within earshot.

"Hell yeahhh we did," Noelle bragged, her body and clothing unusually unkept, "Vanessy here is my new paaal. We're bessst buddies, riiiight??"

"Yeahhhh girrrrl... muchhh better together thaaaan with good fer nothing boys."

"Cheers to that!!"

Then they both clinked half-empty bottles of wine and took a swig.  For some reason Vanessa refused to look him in the eyes when she spoke. Yami just figured she was too drunk to locate his face.

"Ya want any?" Vanessa said, holding up her bottle towards him.

Out of nowhere Charlotte pounced on him, wrapping her arms around his neck as she full-on kissed him. His hands automatically went to her waist and he temporarily got lost in her hot lips. He could get used to this new version of her. She pulled away as quickly as she had come onto him, but kept her hands on his shoulders.

"Ummmm," he mumbled, then saw Vanessa downing the rest of the bottle. What just happened?

"Come on, show me how to play this drinking game," Noelle said a little too loudly as she pulled Vanessa away.

"Eh, I wasn't going to drink tonight anyways," he muttered to himself, pulling Charlotte closer to him. Whatever sparked her willingness to display public affection, he was into it. If the discussion they had with Nozel and Dorothy emboldened her that much, he could look past the awkwardness of it all.

"You're... not drinking? I thought you loved boos," Charlotte said, looking up at him through her eyelashes. Her cheeks were flushed in the cutest color and he impulsively bent his neck to kiss her again.

"Nope. I have something else on my mind right now."

"Oh... I apologize for interrupting then. It was rude of m-" her words were stopped on the tip of her tongue as Yami kissed her again, more deeply this time. His hand slid to her butt and she automatically moved closer to him, if that was even possible, to try and hide her embarrassment.

"Y-Yami... what are you doing?"

"Don't get all shy on me now..."

"What do you mean?!"

"You're the one that kissed me first."

"That was just so you wouldn't go drinking with her..."

"What? Haha, don't worry about such things. I'm here with you not her, aren't I? I'm at least enough of a gentleman to not ditch my woman."

At his words Charlotte blushed even deeper. Her eyes softened and smile lines appeared at the sides. She asked, "So, what was on your mind then?"

"How about I take you back to my place and show you?"