Home...

~CHARLOTTE~

"Thanks for the lift Finral! Don't waste your night away here, go out and enjoy yourself," Yami said as Finral opened a portal for himself back to the capital.

"You mean like what I was doing before you interrupted my conversation with that hot girl? Doubt I'll find her again... even if I do the rest of the bulls will just make me their taxi too... I'm way too under appreciated around here..." Finral muttered to himself as he stepped through the portal, leaving Yami and Charlotte alone in his room.

Charlotte yawned unexpectedly, covering her mouth with the back of her hand. Today had taken more of a toll on her than she had expected. Once they left the lively atmosphere of the party, the calm of night had settled over her like a thick fog.

She was happily surprised that Yami's bed was just as big as her own, and it was looking quite comfortable right now. At the moment, she didn't even care about the implication that they'd be sleeping together. All she wanted was to be wrapped warmly in his comforter, his arm holding her waist as she sighed in contentment.

"Well, I gotta take a dump. Make yourself at home, Prickly Queen. I'll use the main bathroom and you can use mine, it's just through that door." He pointed at a plain wooden door and sauntered out of the room through another. Silence settled in his absence. She yawned again.

The room smelled like cigarettes and air freshener. Not the worst combination, but she still went over to the window and cracked it open, letting in a cool summer night's breeze. Looking out the window into the darkness, the only thing she saw was her own reflection. There were no city lights here, being far away from the capital had a whole different feel to it.

She always wondered why Yami based his squad's Hideout in the middle of the forest. It was so out of the way that if they didn't have a spacial mage on hand, the squad might as well not exist. It was relaxing, though. It was quiet. Most of all, it felt more like home even though this was the first time she'd set foot here.

Yami sure is taking a while... Should I start preparing for bed? I still don't know what he had in mind.

A small part of her thought the whole reason he came here was just so he could use the bathroom. It did end up being a shorter trip than walking to one back at the capital. Nothing could compare to Yami's laziness at times.

Turning her back to the door, she undid her gown and let it fall to the floor, stepping out of it before nearly placing it on the bed. She sucked in a large breath, expanding her chest to enjoy the freedom of release from her constricting outfit. The one thing she hated about being nobility was the expectation of one to look good and not be able to breathe at the same time.

They hadn't taken the time to pick up anything from her place, so she didn't have any sleepwear or her other night accessories. However, being a little advantageous, she had specifically worn an undergarment that could also double as a short nightgown. She had secretly been hoping their night would end in some way where she had no time for anything except stripping her clothes off in a rush...

Her cheeks flushed at her own thoughts and she went into the bathroom to wash her face. A splash of cold water was definitely in order. Then again... shouldn't I just accept these thoughts? Yami did say that he loved me, it's not like this is a one time thing. He certainly does seem like he's serious about me. I wonder, is my sharing my body with him akin to him sharing his mind with me?

It was a rare thing for anyone to know anything personal about Yami, yet he had been very vulnerable with her. Even taking her here, to his raggamuffun palace of sorts, was a privilege to her.

She let down her hair and went to lay down on her back in his bed. His pillows smelled like him, that familiar earthy scent accompanied by faint traces of smoke and sweat. Pulling a pillow up to her chest, she hugged onto it and buried her face in the plush fabric. Here, she felt free to just be herself, whether that was being tired, worried, or even lustful.

Hugging the pillow closer to her chest, she tried to acknowledge all her feelings for Yami. How she felt when he called her his, when he kissed her, when he pulled her body next to his. How her nerves lit up when his fingers brushed against any part of her or when he looked at her with want in his eyes. Now that she had him, she knew it would be impossible to live without him.

A/n: Is it easier for you to connect your body or your mind with your loved ones? Or is there no difference?