Hunger

~CHARLOTTE~

Yami's eyes were a soft brown, the last beam of sunlight illuminating gold flecks in his iris. Charlotte could hardly breath, he was so close to her. He was talking nonsense, typical Yami. Meanwhile, she was stuck in her torrent of emotions.

Is this a dream? No, he feels too real. Can I... should I... I want to kiss him... but what if I mess up? Why does he think I don't want him? He's all I've ever wanted. Would be not want me to make a move?

She stared up at him, unconsciously pressing her body closer to him. A feeling of panic began to well up from deep in her chest. She had finally gotten closer to him, and she couldn't bear to lose him. Being this close, this close to having something really special with him, pushed her to the edge of her comfort zone.

The ray of the setting sun shifted and blinded her. She felt her heart beating strongly somewhere, unsure of it was still in her chest or if it had already jumped over to Yami. She silently hoped this was all just a dream and stretched onto her tip toes, stealing a quick kiss on Yami's lips. She shut her eyes tightly, bracing for his reaction.

His arms clung to her, giving her a quick squeeze. A wave of reassurance calmed her nerves, but she was still too scared to see his face. She felt a warm hand brush against her cheek, pushing a lock of her hair behind her ear. Her eyes bravely cracked open just as he planted a heavy kiss on her lips.

He didn't move away quickly like she had. His lips slowly moved against hers. She was lost in his warmth, in his body, in the way his eyes closed and he looked... so happy. She let herself drift away from her thoughts, instead giving in to the emotions drowning her. A sigh slipped out of her lips deepening the kiss.

Yami's lips burnt against hers, her tongue slid over his lips as she let her craving for him spill out. Her hands gripped at the fabric over his chest, her muscles aching with desire and anxiety. When she was out of breath, she pulled away. Yami stood still for a second, then looked away towards the fire that now lit up their surroundings.

"Uhhhhh, so, um....I uh, I made dinner," his words seemed breathless. She was suddenly self-conscious and stepped away from him, playing with the folds of her dress.

"It smells great! Let's eat!" She rushed over to the fire and started stirring the pot, wanting to distract herself from what what had just happened. Yami brought out two bowls and spoons, then ladled some of the steaming stew out for both of them. She noticed one of his hands was bleeding slightly. Had she not noticed all this time since their battle?

"Yami, you're hand," she pointed at the spot that was cut. He looked down and wiped it against his pants.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it," he muttered. She decided to drop the topic since it was such a minor wound.

"You said you used to live like this? You mean out in the wild?"

"What? Oh, yeah, when I was young and newly washed up in this country. I'd go on trips outdoors all the time. Cheap travel," he said in between spoonfuls. The stew was really good, she scarfed down some herself.

Coming to a new land, living like this, Yami really did experience a lot. No wonder he's such a beastly warrior. She loved hearing about his life. It was a privilege to see into his soul.

Once their meal and conversation came to an end, Yami stood up. He took their bowls and put another log on the fire. Charlotte leaned back, taking in the glimmering stars as Yami cleaned up.

"Whenever you're tired, just head into the tent. Everything you need should be in there, if you need help figuring out any of the magical items let me know," he said sitting next to her, "Don't worry about me crowding in with you, it's more nostalgic for me outside. Besides, you're a lady."

She looked over to his face to see if he was mocking her for being a lady, but his expression was serious as he gazed up into the starry sky. The warm light of the fire flickered, showcasing his strong jawline and scruffy hair. She blushed, wanting to share in a kiss again, but instead looked back at the sky.

Her eyes were heavy from the long day, she thought about retiring to bed but something didn't feel right about leaving Yami's side. She crossed her arms behind her head and laid back. It was too hard to keep her eyelids open so she let them close, filling her lungs with the clear night air.

"This was a beautiful day, Yami."

"Not as beautiful as you," he quickly shot back at her. Normally she would blush and hide her face, but she just smiled.

A/N: So how was their first kiss?!
Good?

Amazing?

Jealous?