Starry Eyed

~YAMI~

He laid down next to her by the fire. Today had turned out much better than he had anticipated. His lips had been tingling ever since they met hers. It was a feeling he just couldn't shake off, and he didn't want to.

He turned on his side facing Charlotte, his head held up by his hand. She looked so delicate, drifting to sleep under the moonlight. Her face was completely relaxed, something that didn't happen very often. He had watched her as she challenged herself to become stronger everyday, all in order to break the curse placed upon her.

Her resting body reminded him of the day she had been overtaken by her own magic, the curse activating and nearly destroying the whole building while swallowing her whole. He was glad he had been there. She deserved someone strong by her side, and he'd be lying if he said she wasn't a motivation for him having trained so hard. He loved the color of her blue roses even though it was a symbol of the curse. If she's cursed, then I must be damned to hell. She's the most heavenly woman I've seen walk this earth.

He leaned over her and planted a butterfly kiss on her lips. She stirred to life, opening her eyes and bringing her hands up to caress his face. He couldn't help but smile down at her. He kissed the tip of her nose, then her forehead and her cheek. Her skin tasted like honey and he loved the way she sighed at his touch. He pulled away, watching as her eyes followed him. He hummed as he saw the thirst in her expression.

"I know you want more, but not tonight. Can't be taking things all the way on our first date now can we?" He grinned mischievously at her.

"I wasn't..." her face reverted to its usual worried state, "Nevermind! I'm going to bed. Goodnight, Yami." She gave him a cute smile and stood up. He shamelessly watched her backside as she slipped into the tent, then returned to his vigilant observance of the night sky.

Not gonna get much shut-eye tonight, am I?

He mindlessly rubbed the back of his hand where a thorn had pierced him, shivering at the feelings it elicited within himself. He had a lot of questions, but he knew Charlotte didn't know the answers. He would have to do some research on his own for now.

In the morning they packed up and headed back to the capital on broom, leaving the tent and supplies for Finral to pick up later. Neither had slept particularly well, but they were rested enough.

Their ride home was less tense this time. Charlotte asked him questions about his past and home country. He was happy to answer but wanted to know more about her as well. Before they knew it time has run out and they stood at the entrance to the Wizard King's office.

"I'll give the mission report so you can attend to your day. I just have one thing I want in return," Yami told Charlotte, taking in every detail of her before they parted. Her hair was messier than usual and her cheeks were an adorable strawberry pink.

"What is it?"

"The next date is on you. I want you to pick where and when we go. Let me know when you've decided."

"Oh, I don't know if I'll be any good at it though!" She opposed, then opened her mouth, but hesitated before speaking, "Does this mean... we're an item? Like we're dating?"

"You'll be fine, and if you want it to mean that, I then yes, I'd consider us an item." Even though he was calm as he spoke, his heart skipped a beat at the meaning of his words. Her face turned a darker shade of pink and she nodded before turning to walk away. He reached out, not wanting to part so non-chalantly.

He pulled her into a hug and gave her a kiss on the cheek before whispering, "Don't make me wait too long my Prickly Queen, or I'll have too much desire built up to hold back the next time I see you."

She scampered off and Yami sighed as he opened the door. He knew Julius wanted the tea on how it all went down, but right now he just wanted to go back to the hideout. Julius was, surprisingly, sitting at his desk doing paperwork. As soon as Yami stepped in Julius was standing in front of him, eyes wide like a kid in elementary school.

"Did it go well? Are you two dating now? Please tell me I don't have to mend your broken heart," Julius gushed at him. Yami shook his head at the childlike excitement of the most powerful wizard in the kingdom.

"Aren't you concerned about the band of thieves? We caught them, by the way. Well... except for the leader who seemed to be a rouge noble. I kinda had to cut him down."

Julius' face turned serious at the mention of the mission and Yami causing trouble once again. Before he could scold him, Yami explained, "He was roughing up Charlotte and it was all because of my stupid strategy. I'll make amends if I have to."

"No, I'm sure he had it coming. I appreciate your effort. Is Charlotte alright?" Julius asked, raising an eyebrow at Yami. He was getting impatient at all the details being held back.

Yami smiled at the thought of how Charlotte was doing. He imagined she was quite well, in fact. His hand lifted to rub his bottom lip, a faint tingle lingering like fairy dust.

"The Prickly Queen is just fine. I'll be seeing more of her, I hope. Well, that's about all there is to report, mind calling Finral here for me?"

Julius sighed heavily at the scanty explanation, but let it slide. He'd get the full story sooner or later, and quite honestly Yami looked like he needed a nap. He had Marx call Finral so Yami's lazy self could get home with zero effort. He was eager to see the new couple's next move.

A/N: Wow that was quite the first date! Buckle up for the second because we aren't slowing down XD

Please help me out with a small matter, the third date will be a group event so are there any specific people/couples you want to show up?