Good Morning

~ YAMI ~

"Arrrhhhhhhhhhhh," Yami yawned, pressing his hand over his bloodshot eyes. Yup, he had definitely had one too many drinks last night with Vanessa. No one in clover kingdom could out drink him, except for her. She was a beast. Why did he agree to drink with her anyway?

Despite being really proud of her progress these past few months, her pushing past her alcohol limits wasn't exactly what he had in mind. Next time he was gonna drag Finral in the common room and tell him it was his duty to keep her company. "Kids these days, they need a whole academy to teach them what their heart is telling them," he thought to himself, always thinking about what his squad needed most.

"What time is it anyway? Gotta make to that meeting thing..." Yami grumbled in his morning voice, a little huskier than normal thanks to his hangover.

He turned his head towards his clock, squinting to make out the symbols. "1:21.... ugh missed breakfast and lunch. Damn. Still time to grab some leftovers before I head out." He swung the blanket off of him, exposing his bare chest and legs, making his course hairs stand on end as the breeze whisked away any remnants of his morning body heat.

As he stood up, he stretched his muscles, still sore from his training, causing small ripples to move through his body. He pulled on his usual brown trousers and grabbed a tank top from his dresser. He never folded his clothes, as soon as they came out of the wash he just threw them in the drawer; it was an up-side to only having one type of shirt. Finally, he pulled the black bulls cape over his shoulder and tied it before dragging open his bedroom door.

A cacophony of chatter was coming up from the common room below, his bulls being rowdy as usual.

"What are you bums doing sitting around here?" His voice boomed around the hideout, and all eyes bounced excitedly to him as his squad noticed his arrival.

"Yami! You're not dead!!!" Asta shouted, followed by various greetings and gestures, not all of which he actually understood.

"Didn't you fools hear me? I don't need a lazy squad. Get yourselves in gear and go train- or I'll kill you!!" He said, punching his fist into the nearest wall. This earned him nods and nearly everyone in the room clattered to the exit, pairing up for either sparring sessions or treasure hunting teams.

"Good, now I can hear myself think again," he mumbled, making his way to the kitchen.

"Charmy?" He noticed several sheep chefs at the counter, behind which bounced a black head that looked a lot like his most gluttonous squad member.

"Oh hi Captain! I am making some delectable dishes for my prince of provisions! Would you like a sample???" Her face gleamed with pride over the heaps of dishes she had prepared.

"Uhh, got anything with meat?"

"Yessir! How could the great Charmy not prepare meat!! Here, a dish for you Captain," she said, handing him a plate piled which some sort of brown meat.

"Smells good enough, this should hold me over until I get this meeting over with. What was it about again? Guess I'll find out when I get there."

"Smells edible enough, hope your prince has an appetite, or you just might end up making him explode," he replied to Charmy, referring to the mountain of food she had amassed in their kitchen. Her demeanor didn't show any signs of worry, or of slowing down for that matter.

"Thanks Charmy," he said, tossing his plate toward her sheep, which seemed to absorb it. Yami checked the clock again."

1:53 - I'm gonna need Finral.

A/n: Hey guys, just a heads up, I'm moving my other fanfics to @BrightVega

This one might end up there eventually too, but it gets to stay put for now.