Fun in the Sun

~YAMI~

From the moment he got up this morning, she was all he could think about. She really was... everything.

Everything he wanted.

Everything he needed.

Everything about her was perfect to him.

There was no request that he wouldn't fulfill for her, just to see a smile light up her face at the end of the day. He wondered at what point his happiness became dependent on hers.

It was that look in her blue, crystal clear eyes that really did him in. It was always that look. Would always be that look. She made his knees weak with just one glance, and then every part of him jumped to hold her. To love her.

When he laid eyes on her today, her desire to be noticed was not lost on him. Her eyes seemed to plead with him to come to her.

She had no idea that her eyes had a gravitational pull of their own. Part of him was relieved to know she felt something similar for him that he felt for her. For once in his life his heart felt safe in the hands of someone else. There was no end to the butterflies that erupted inside of his rock hard core.

She should never have to doubt if I'll notice her. She should never have to question if she's the one who owns my heart. She should never have to worry if she's not good enough for me.

He lay next to her in their beach chairs, breathing in the familiar saltiness of the sea and the vanilla of her hair.

The sun was hot today, but it was the heat from her hand in his that really warmed his heart. His thoughts  meandered in circles as he tried to figure her out, his thumb rubbing lazy circles into the back of her palm.

She's so soft, and I'm so rough around the edges. Will I be able to make her happy? I'm constantly broke, I have no status to equal hers, and on top of it all, I'm not even good to look at.

His eyes slid over to peak at her for the hundredth time that day. Seeing her dress ride up on her thighs, barely covering where he assumed a swimsuit was, he licked his lips. He really hoped she hadn't worn it just to catch his attention, because she'd always have that.

But she did look smoking hot.

"Wanna go play in the water?" He asked, his voice coming out more raspy than he anticipated.

Charlotte turned her head towards him and smiled, "Okay."

Her cheeks colored in like delicate pink rose petals, and he wondered if they would feel like flowers as well. Getting up and brushing off the sand that wasn't actually on him, he walked over to the edge of the sea.

The sand turned from individual grains to a slush under his feet. He bent down to touch his finger tips to the tide. It rushed up to meet him, and then- splash.

Wet. He was wet. More than just his fingers.

Charlotte giggled behind him, her foot having splashed the wave smack into his side. The cool water actually felt good on his bare skin, and a maniacal grin grew across his face. He gripped the back of his tank top with one hand and pulled it off in one swift movement.With the other he swept the next wave into Charlotte's direction.

Her eyes widened into big saucers, then she squealed as the cold water dripped down her thighs. She instantly retaliated. Crouching down, her ankles submerged in the tide, she used both hands to shove a wave into his bare chest.

He was ready for her. Dodging to the side, he came around her from behind and pulled her down on his lap. The air rang with their laughter, water swirling around them as his baritone rumbles complimented her tenor ones.

When was the last time he was able to laugh like this?

He wrapped his hands around her waist and gently rocked her into his chest. She shuttered.

"Char," he murmured.

Her hands rested on his thighs which caged her in on either side. Her touch seared through his swim shorts, chasing away the chill from the ocean. He breathed in her scent along with the saltiness of the sea; his two favorite things.

"Do I make you happy?" He asked suddenly.

"What?"

Her voice was soft, her tone turning  up at the end in surprise, "Of course... I wouldn't be here with you if you didn't. But, just knowing that you care for me fills me up. I thought I'd never have you, and now I do. That's enough happiness to last me a lifetime."

He closed his eyes.

"That's... you don't know how good that is to hear. All I want is your happiness. I don't think I can be happy without you anymore."

A/n: All hail our soft cinnamon roll Yami!