Squad Goals

"Char!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Sol squealed as her captain opened the front door. She rushed over and tackled her with a bear hug.

"I know I said I'd wait until the next morning to go out looking for you, but I never imagined you'd actually be out this late with Yami! I mean, you've already spend a night together, and even though you said he basically kidnapped you, I know you were into it..." Sol continued on as Char walked into the main gathering room.

Her ladies were all awaiting her return, no doubt gossiping about how her second date with Yami was going. They exclaimed in excitement upon seeing her return, then gasped in amazement at the late hour.

"Captain! How was your date?"

"Captain, how was Yami?!"

"You're back later than expected..."

"...did you run into trouble?"

"...or have to defeat a terrible beast?"

"Or perhaps...

"... was it something..."

"... or someone..."

"... that kept you distracted?"

They crowded around her, giggling at their own words. Charlotte was too exhausted and embarrassed to say anything conclusive to them. The good news was that her roses had begun to fade back slightly by the time she and Yami exited the cave, so she had good reason to believe the color transformation wasn't permanent.

"The list of materials that we were assigned was rather long, so it took a while to gather it all. That's it. Now, I need rest, so I'll be retiring to my room," Charlotte commented.

This report was significantly more concise than the one she had given of their first date. Back then she had told her ladies about the thrives, the subsequent fight, Yami's camp, and even the kiss. And she especially emphasized that nothing else happened. Tonight, however, she was rather tight-lipped about her date.

One of the keener ladies gasped, "Did you and Yami... get to fourth base?"

Another chimed in, "On the second date?!"

Charlotte's face instantly flushed a deep red, "It's- it's not like that!"

Despite her words, she knew that in fact, it was 'like that', and she practically ran into her chambers.

*** Date #Three ***

A week or so later, a delivery pigeon was found knocked out in front of the black bulls hide out. It had apparently mistaken a closed window for an open one, which made Asta grin with pride at his immaculate cleaning skills. In its beak was a magical envelop addressed to the 'Captain of the Black Bulls'.

Of course, everyone gathered in the common room as Yami opened it. It turned out to be an invitation from Julius, to the annual summer solstice dinner and celebration. The Wizard King was kinda big on the whole "anniversary of time" marking the longest day, and there was also a formal event for the winter solstice. All magic knight squads were invited, and the captains were expected to attend the formal dinner beforehand.

"Oooh a party!!" Asta yelled.

"It's a formal party, which means you can't act wildly and out of hand," Noelle responded.

"Not until about midway through, when everyone gets drunk enough," Magma chimed in.

"Ooooh yeah, I'm gonna so challenge you to a duel then!" Luck chided.

"Annnd, you're encouraged to bring a date!" Vanessa added, making several people in the room blush.

"My darling little sister Marie will be my date..." Gauche said as his nose bled.

"I wonder if my prince of provisions will be there..." Charmy daydreamed.

"I can't wait to spend a celebratory evening with all of my dear friends," Gordon mumbled in the background.

"Are you going to bring Captain Charlotte as your date?" Finral asked Yami.

He scratched his head, "I've never actually been to the dinner thing..."

"WHAAAT? Isn't it a yearly thing?" Asta exclaimed.

"Yeah, but I've always just never showed up, it's not really my thing," Yami grumbled.

"Well you have to go this year, because you have a lady to go with!" Noelle insisted. Noticing the discomfort in her captain's wayward gaze, she added, "If you want me to help familiarize you with formal dinners, I'd be happy to. I am royalty after all."

"Yeah, that might actually be necessary..." he responded.

"I'll need a partner to help me teach, so Asta, you're required to learn etiquette from me as well. Oh- uh, not because I want to spend time with you or anything!!! Just because, you're from a small village, yeah and, you probably don't know how nobles do things..."

"Ughhh, fine then, it's you and me, Yami. Let's do this!" Asta said, a little too excited. Yami groaned.

A/N: I swear I didn't forget Grey, I just figured she wouldn't speak. Who is your favorite Black Bulls member?

Also enjoy this meme. If you don't get it, look up "Rastafarian".

 If you don't get it, look up "Rastafarian"