Reporting In

~YAMI~

Yami scratched the back of his head, messing up his already ragged hair as he stood waiting in front of the large oak door of Wizard King's office. He hadn't bothered to make an appointment to see Julius, but he knew even if he had, he wouldn't have shown up on time. Random visits were more his style anyways.

His gaze turned in the direction of the Blue Rose Knight's Headquarters. Even though he was indoors and he couldn't see through the walls that surrounded him, he searched for Charlotte. Ever since their first date he had felt the string of fate tightening around his heart. The world just seemed right when she was next to him, and it seemed equally turned up-side-down when she wasn't.

When he fell asleep at night the last thing he thought of were her crystal blue eyes. He would often breathe in her floral scent, even if was just in his imagination. Instead of wanting to feel the ache of swinging his sword too many times, his palms wanted to be clasped in hers. Moreover, he wanted to show her off to the world. She was the one woman who could crush any man with her strength and maintain her grace while doing so. He wanted to build her a golden pedestal and place her on it, but he knew she'd refuse the honor. His mind was constantly reeling with how exactly to make her happy.

"You're lucky, you caught me right when Marx was dragging me away to do paperwork," Julius announced as the heavy door swung open. His face had collected quite a few more wrinkles since he'd accepted the highest position in the Magic Knights, but his smile never lost it's vigor.

"I think that would make you the lucky one," Yami replied. His old friend was quick to pick up on the distant tone in his deep voice.

"Why don't we chat over some tea? It's due time you filled me in on your recent rampages."

Yami gave a half-hearted laugh, "Recently I've been rampaging less and thinking a little too much."

Julius's smile hardened while the lines in his forehead softened. His eyes twinkled with an ageless mischievousness that Yami knew all too well.

"That woman is good for you, my dear friend. You shouldn't take that for granted."

"Trust me, I'm more aware of that than I really should be."

Yami followed Julius down the hall to a humble sitting room. While the upholstery was intricate, there were only two small couches and a table barely big enough to hold a tea set. It had been a few years since he and his friend had a sit-down conversation, but to him it felt like yesterday. It was here where Julius personally congratulated him on becoming a member of the Magic Knights, and then on being Captain, and now...

Now what? What am I and Charlotte? I feel like a love-struck little boy, but how does she feel about it all? Am I enough for her? Why do I have to be so terrible at the whole feelings thing?

Julius sighed, and Yami realized a steaming cup of tea had been placed in front of him. He took it in his massive hands and looked up to see Julius with a goofy look on his face. At least he didn't have to wonder what Julius thought about it all.

"What's got you so bent out of shape? I assume things between you and Charlotte are going well?"

"How would assume things are going well when I appear 'bent out of shape?'"

"Because I know you handle the bad things much better than you handle the good ones."

"I beg to differ- I don't feel like I handle anything well except for a sword."

"If you didn't handle Charlotte well, she wouldn't have fallen for you."

He's right... why does he have to be right with that ridiculous smile on his face?

Julius took Yami's silence as an invitation to continue, "Not many people are familiar with your softer side, but as one of those people, I can say your heart is in the right place. As long as you listen to your instincts you won't go wrong."

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind."

They both took a sip of the tea. Simple words of advice went a long way between the two men. It was then that Yami remembered the reason he came all the way here.

"Oh, and I came to tell you that our connection has broken Charlotte's curse a little more, but it only lasts for a few hours at a time right now. I'm not quite sure how she feels about it all, but I'm certain she will only continue to get stronger. She's still perfectly capable of leading her squad and defending the nation." The last thing he wanted was for doubts to arise concerning Charlotte's focus on her duties. He knew that at best, his place in her life was equal to that of her squad.

"Really now?" Julius was definitely interested in this topic, but he didn't pry, "I can't wait to see what you two can accomplish as a couple. Is there any thing I can do to facilitate your progress?"

"Actually, we wanted to know if you had any missions for us down by the sea. She wants to take a trip to the beach."

"That is much more your arena than mine... I will grant you two leave of going on missions for a week or so and leave the details of the trip for you to plan. It's time you made some decisions on your own."

A/n: This right here.