Beach Day

~CHARLOTTE~

She fidgeted with the hem of her white sundress, nervous for a long list of reasons. Yami said he was going to pick her up at her headquarters, along with some of his squad that had the day off. Since some of her ladies wanted to go tanning at the beach as well, it had kinda turned into a whole group date. She really just wanted to spend some quality time with Yami.

Are my thighs too big? What will he think of my swimsuit? What if he asks why I'm wearing the dress over it? What will we even do at the beach anyways?

Charlotte was not used to relaxing, much less with a love interest. So far all their dates had a structure to them, missions or events, but today it was a big, blank slate.

She blushed at how her body missed Yami's. His hands, his hair, his lips, his lap, his...

"Ooh, I think that's them!"

Sol pointed at a fuzzy portal that opened out next to their front door. Somehow that only made Charlotte blush more, her face felt simmering hot.

Then Yami stepped through the portal, and the heat in her face instantly spread downwards.

I hate how he does this to me just by stepping into the room.

Yami's eyes took a wide sweep of the room, his gaze uninterestedly passing though everyone there and settling on her. The corners of his lips twitched, like he was fighting back a smile. There was a message in his shadowy eyes for her. Her heart jumped.

I love how he makes me feel just by looking at me.

She subconsciously brought a hand up to her heart, trying to regain her cool and calm composure. Yami walked over to her with his signature saunter. His muscles bulgy against his thin tank top and black squad cape.

Somehow, she managed to make a weak smile appear on her lips.

"Hello, Yami. Nice to s-"

He planted his greedy, hot lips on hers. They easily claimed her own, teasing her bottom lip between his teeth. She didn't get the chance to kiss him back before he pulled away.

"Hey there, my Prickly Queen... I've missed you," he said in a low voice.

Butterflies. Butterflies were fluttering all over her stomach. It felt like Yami had stopped time all together.

"Get a room!" Sol chided from her place next to Charlotte.

With that, time resumed again. She inhaled, trying to feed some oxygen to her brain, but instead she just got a full dose of Yami's earthen scent. Why does he have to be so overwhelmingly masculine? He's a curse to me all on his own.

"Let's get this party started! It's beeeeeach tiiiiiiiiime," Vanessa shouted, already slightly drunk. Serval blue Rose knights cheered along with her, while a couple of the gave Charlotte a knowing look.

She felt the pull of Yami's hand as he led her to the portal Finral opened to the beach. He really did come in handy.

Bright sunlight greeted them on the other side, and she felt hot sand squish between her toes. Somehow he squad mates had convinced her that no one wears shoes on the beach, and she had to admit it did feel very freeing.

"Alllllriiiight! I'm firing up the grill everyone! The burnt magna burger  is our special for today," Magna announced, already having ignited a small grill with his flames. The fire was way to big to be grilling with, but she doubted pointing that out would do anything. 

A group of mixed company headed off to play volleyball while a couple of ladies gathered around Magna and the grill. He looked quite pleased with himself.

She turned around to see Yami had pulled up two lounge chairs and an umbrella. Grateful that she didn't have to think about what they were going to do, she laid down next to him and looked over the sparkling sea.

It lapped against the white sand shoreline persistently, endlessly. The ocean had always given her a deep sense of awe. It's surface was constantly in a state of change, the tides and storms disturbing its flow; but at the same time it was constant. The ocean would always be there. It would always be blue. Waves would always kiss the lands it embraced, from sunrise to sunset.

Thoughts of what Yami had told her about his early life tumbled around in her head. In her mind she finally found the words to express how she felt.

I hope we can be as steady as the ocean... even if circumstances change, I know my heart will always belong to him. Does he feel the same way? Am I enough for him?

His hand reached over and laced their fingers together. She felt her lips respond with a natural smile. She didn't know why, but she could tell he was happy, and so was she.

A/n: ... I'm going to back to weekly updates. This a tough decision for me, and it's something I've been debating on for about a month. Since I'm trying to enter the Wattys this year, I need to focus more on that story for the time being. I do hope you guys continue to read and enjoy this story though! Much love to you all!!