Ch 1. Unordinary

UNORDINARY

An alarm blares loudly somewhere  in the room early in the morning, making me turn on my side to turn it off. Sitting on the bed, I press the bridge of my nose and groan. I shouldn't have stayed up late knowing I have school today. I think to myself with a sigh. But what can I say? It was worth it.

After glaring at the object for a few seconds, (as I could somehow pulverize it with my glare), I throw the covers to the side, walking slowly while extending my arms as I make my way to the bathroom.

Turning the faucet, I put my hands in the cold water letting my senses awaken. Once I splash my face I look in to the mirror.

I'm wide awake now. It's time to face another day.

Heading to my room, I go into the closet to pick my outfit for the day, grabbing whatever it is I find first. As I turn to the calendar on the door to check my plans for the day, I notice that today we are going on a field trip to a nearby museum to watch an exposition about ancient artifacts, and we have to write an English paper even if we just have two weeks left of school. Great.

With a sigh and a zombie like walk, I make my way towards the kitchen and pour some milk in a bowl with cereal, absentmindedly moving the spoon around as I sit in silence. As you may have noticed my life is pretty ordinary. Everyday, always the same routine.

I listen to the birds singing outside and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. When I turn to look at the clock, my eyes widen when I see the time.

I'm going to be late!

Now, I know you're probably thinking, 'wow, this is your typical main character story', and well, you're not wrong. But I hope I can still entertain you for a while. Anyway, back to the story.

Rushing, I throw my backpack on and head to school on my bike, paddling as fast as my legs allow me to.

I made it in time! I think to myself with a smile, fixing my clothes after securing the bike. Here we go. My classmates gather outside and start making a line to get on the bus.

Once we board the bus, it's time to fight for a seat, given that a lot of us like to sit by the window. Squishing through the crowd I make my way to the back of the bus.

As we head towards the museum I look through the window, plugging in my headphones, doing this helps me relax, you never know what you're going to find on the streets. It's good to start alert.

There are a lot of trees and nothingness until the city continues and we pass a comic store. I let out a heavy sigh. It would be nice to visit the comic store and see what's new.

That's right. Superheroes. My obsession ever since I was little. No matter where I look there is something that is superhero related, whether it's a shirt or some sort of accessory.

I have always wondered what it would be like to meet the Avengers or to be part of the team...and just like that, my mind starts to wonder off into the land of daydreams...

"We are here." Our teacher's voice announces, startling me as it calls my mind back to Earth. I look to the front of the bus until my eyes meet hers. "Remember you have to write a paper, so pay attention to the exhibits."

As I'm getting off the bus I see something strange making me stop in my tracks, causing a few students to bump into me.

Blinking a few times, I look back at the stop where I saw the blur but I don't see anything. Strange. It's probably my imagination, I mean what could it possibly be? Maybe it's just a side effect of day dreaming too much.