Louis: food posioning

"Are you enjoying your food?" The perky waiter asks me and y/n while we're eating.
"Yea. It's great. Thank you." Y/n happily says. I smile and nod.
"Great! I'll be back with your check in a bit!"
"This is really nice Louis. All this for me?" Y/n takes my hand from across the table.
"Of course. It's our three year anniversary together. I would've given you the moon if I could."
Her face turns red as she smiles at me.
"Thank you. It's wonderful."
"I love you."
"I love you too."
"Remember how we met?" I say, already starting to laugh.
Y/n covers her face with her hands.
"Oh my god. Louis Tomlinson do not bring that up."
"Oh come on! It's cute!"
"Louis, I was an assistant nurse finishing college."
"I know. I came in with the case of the stomach flu."
"Stop there Tomlinson."
"Excuse me miss. Can I have a buck-bleh!" I reenact the scene.
"Those were really cute shoes too!" Y/n laughs. "Than you wrote your number down on the pad."
"I knew I had to see you after that. Another time without me puking on your shoes." I chuckle.
"Here's your check. Whenever your ready you can head out and pay at the front desk."
We finish our wine and walk hand in hand to the front desk. I pay for our meals and we walk to the car.
Before getting in the car I stopped and she looked at me. Her eyes sparkled in the moonlight of the city. I kissed her and we stood there in the middle of the parking lot. Her smile was full like the moon above. We got in the car and drove home.

******
Today wasn't our anniversary. It was tomorrow. We decided to stay up till midnight so we could celebrate. I poured y/n a glass of wine and got myself a beer. We listened to some music and just talked all night. It was perfect the whole night.
"Do you remember our first date?"
"Why do you keep bringing these up?" She laughs.
"I don't know. I like them."
"Yea. We were so used to texting."
"Yea, so we wrote on little post it notes."
"Yea."
"And I wrote, 'what do you wish for?"
"And I wrote, 'to be kissed in the rain.'
"Remember what I wrote?"
"Now thinking about it, it's so corny!"
"No it was cute!"
"I wrote, 'my wish is to be the one kissing you.'"
"Yea it's corny."
I shove her a little. She laughs and looks at her phone and starts laughing even harder.
"What's so funny?"
"Lou, it's 1:12. We missed midnight." She laughs so hard she nearly falls off the chair. I start laughing.
"Happy anniversary!" I yell and throw my hands up. She laughs even harder. I interrupt her laughter with a kiss. I grab her hand and walk up the stairs to bed.

+++++++

I wince and grab my turning stomach. I've been asleep for about an hour until I woke up with a deadly stomachache. I rubbed my bloated stomach. I was so hot. I kicked all the blankets off of me, but than instantly got cold again. I pulled all of them on me. I tossed and turned but could not get comfortable. I sat up a little and shook y/n.

"What? Louis, why'd you wake me?"
She looks over at me.
"Oh my gosh! Lou, what's wrong? You look terrible!"

"I don't feel good. I think it was the food. I feel like I'm going to puke."
I say breathless. "I'm going to ruin our anniversary." I whimper.

"Lou, don't worry about that right now. Let's get you better. Let's go to the bathroom, yea? Maybe run you a cold shower? You feel warm." She explains feeling my forehead. I nod a little. We go to the bathroom. My stomach does flips and I pull my pants down and sit on the toilet. Y/n gives me a sympathetic look.
"How about a bath?"
I nod a little and put my head in my hands. She turns around and starts running the water. I feel bile coming up my throat and I grab the trashcan.
"Oh babe."
I release my contents of my stomach into the trashcan and cough. Bile drips from my throat. Y/n stands by me and awkwardly rubs my back. I lean my head into her stomach.
"Honey, I've seen tons of cases like this. Your going to be like this for a while. You'll either have to release your bowels or just throw it up."
"Why me? Why now?"
"I don't know baby. Lets get you in the tub."
I take off shirt and slide off my pants. I flush the toilet and get in the lukewarm water while y/n empties the trashcan. Even in the warm water I was still shivering. I rubbed the warm water on my arms with a washcloth but nothing worked. I couldn't get warm. Y/n went to put the trashcan by the bed and came back with some sweatpants and a shirt.
"Can I wear a hoodie?"
"I'm sorry baby, but I don't want you getting to warm. It'll make your fever worse."
I get out of the tub and get dressed. I lose my balance and almost fall but y/n puts her arm around my waist. I put my arm around her shoulder and I fall down on the bed. I wrap my arms around my stomach.
"I'm dying." I squeeze my eyes shut.
Y/n chuckles a little and pats my back. I gag.
"Don't."
"Sorry babe." She says. I sit up and grab the trashcan. I swing my legs over the bed and put the bucket in my lap. I stare at the bag in it until I feel my dinner coming up. I gag and spit into the trashcan. I gag a few more time before my steak and potatoes makes an unwanted appearance. I gag from the smell.
"Okay baby, calm down." Y/n takes the bucket from me and I lay down and pull the covers over me head. After cleaning the trashcan, once again, y/n comes back and sets it by the bed. She lays down and I scoot over to her. I throw my arm around her and put my head on her chest.

++++++++

The next morning I was tossing and turning trying to find a position where I was comfortable. A few moments later the nausea took over me and I walked to the bathroom. I sat at the toilet for about five minutes before I started gagging and coughing. Y/n heard me and ran in.

"Why didn't you wake me?" She says with a yawn.
I answer her question with a round of sick. The sick hits the water with a splash and the look of it makes me heave. Y/n leaves and comes back with a blanket, a water bottle, and a box of crackers. She sees my shivering body and wraps the blanket over my shoulders. She sits herself on the bathtub and puts the water bottle and crackers by her feet.
"I'm dying. Y/n I'm going to die." I whimper with my head on the toilet.
"You'll be okay Lou. A lot of my patients feel like this. Food poisoning isn't fun."
"Tell me about it."

+++++++++

I was at it for two hours. Y/n had to go grab another water bottle and I couldn't keep a cracker down for long.
"Try one baby. You have nothing in your stomach."
"Yet it keeps coming back up."
"Come on. Please."
I take one and throw it in the toilet.
"Lou!"
"That's what happens when I eat them. Might as well pour the whole box in."
Y/n smiles at me with a bit of concern in her eyes.
My mouth waters and I turn back to the toilet. Bile crawls up my throat and I release my stomach into the toilet.
After I finished I laid my head on the toilet seat and squeezed my eyes shut. I lifted my hand and flushed the toilet.
"I just want to go back to bed."
"I know Lou. Maybe we can try?"
I nod and y/n puts her arm around my waist. We walk slowly to the bed and she puts me gently in the bed. She kisses the top of my forehead.
"Get some sleep." She whispers and climbs in bed herself. I did as she said and got some sleep. The rest of the day, I was still nauseous. The next day I was better and y/n took wonderful care of me.
"No wonder your a nurse." I say and smirk. She smiles and kisses me.