Hotel Days

Harry's Pov

When I slid the room card into Louis' and Liam's room wearing only my boxers, Lou was already doing Louis' hair.  She was blowing drying it in a nice quiff, but we all knew he would be in that chair a while.  I was the last to wake up.  Niall already left our shared room and came in here to strum his guitar.  Liam was sitting on a chair, reading the paper and sipping tea. 

"Morning,"  I greet everyone with a wide smile on my face.

Everyone smiles as they greet me good morning even Louis who was probably very annoyed with the constant nagging from Lou, telling him to condition for her.

"Harry, did you even wash your hair last night?"  She runs her hand through my bed head mop of hair.

"I ran out of shampoo."  I shrug. collapsing on a bed and winking at Louis.  He keeps his head down and I look at Liam, my smile disappearing.  He must be in a bad mood.

"Anything interesting?"  I chuckle, propping myself on my elbow.

"There's a world's largest ball of yarn."  Liam shrugs, with a wide smile on his face.  Niall's laughter fills the room and Louis rubs his temples.

"Louis, are you alright darling?  You look quite peaky."  She starts spreading some blush onto his cheeks, and he gently pushes her hand away and shakes his head.

"I don't think I want to do the interview today." 

"It's not like we have a choice."  Niall says, rubbing his neck.

Lou nods, starting to spray his hair with some spray.

"Please Lou,"  Louis swats his hand and Lou nods, understandingly. 

Louis buries his head in his hands. 

Liam looks at me with a frown and gestures his head towards Louis, signaling me to check on him.  I look at Louis, playing with the bedset. 

"Louis, are you alright?" 

Lou starts packing some of her stuff, getting a shampoo bottle out, and throwing it at me.  I catch it and nod with a smirk on my face. 

Louis holds his hand out, and I scoot myself over on the bed to grab it.  He puts his hand in mine and I caress his with my thumb. 

"Niall, let's get dressed.  I'll bring my stuff in your room."  Liam stands up from his chair and grabs his suitcase.  They leave the room and Louis looks up with glossy eyes and a pale complexion.  I lower my head to get a better look at his hanging head. 

"Babe, are you okay?  You look terrible."  I put my hand to his cheek and he holds it there, closing his eyes.  His cheek feels warm on my hand and I look at Lou behind me.  She looks concerned.

"My stomach's turning, my head hurts, and my throat is sore." He then pauses to cough in his arm. He clears his throat and goes back to rubbing his feverish head.
"I didn't get a wink of sleep last night either."

I remember Louis' stomach not feeling well yesterday too during an interview with Liam. His stomach was growling and he laughed it off with Liam, only making a slight comment about his stomach turning. Everyone laughed it off and he didn't mention it the rest of the day. He ate dinner fine and Liam said he wanted to bunk with Louis so I let him. I guess the desperate looks from Louis when Liam asked didn't process. I caressed his arm softy and he breathes heavily.
Lou hands me a thermometer and I take it, giving her a gracious nod.
She smiles a little and goes back to unpacking Niall's, Liam's, and my hair products and tools.

I lift Louis' head up gently and put the thermometer between his lips. He runs his fingers through his made up hair and Lou puts a small piece of hair back into place. I chuckle a little and Louis musters a small smile. Once the thermometer beeps Lou takes it, the mom coming out in her. She checks it and shakes her head.