Your child is sick: Harry

Darcy was sitting on Harry's lap on the couch watching the football game with him while you were making dinner in the kitchen.

You set the lasagna on the table and walk to the living room to tell the kids.

"Darcy, Jason, dinner."

Harry starts getting up but Darcy yells,
"No daddy! I want snuggles. I want you."

"We can snuggle more after dinner baby. Aren't you hungry?"

She shakes her head and digs into Harry's shoulder. He looks at you worriedly and you shrug.

He places his hand gently on her forehead.
He mouths to you, "she's warm,"

You walk to them and place your lips on Darcy's forehead. She's defiantly warm. Jason looks at his sister worriedly.

"Jason, you can go eat. Darcy, how about a nice bath?"

Darcy nods and clings on to Harry's shirt. You follow the boy and the little girl upstairs to your bathroom.

Harry starts the bath and you grab the thermometer.  

"Open up Darcy," 

She opens her mouth and takes the thermometer.  She holds it in while you check the water for the bath.  Harry leaves to get some pajamas for after her bath.  The thermometer beeps and Darcy hands it to you.  Harry comes back and looks over your shoulder.

"99.8"  You tell him.  He shakes his head.  He helps Darcy get undressed and he places her in the tub.  She can barely sit up because she's so tired and weak.  You rub her back with a warm washcloth while Harry cleans her up.  Harry drains the tub and you pick the feverish Darcy up.  You wrap her in a towel and you two walk hand in hand to her room.  Harry grabs the pajamas.  You dry her off and put some baby lotion on her.  She rubs her sleepy eyes.  

Harry frowns.  You both hated seeing your little girl like this.  She was usually so playful.  She was always so full of energy, so it pained you both to see her like this.  Harry helps her put her pajamas on while you go to grab her some water and some medicine.  When you walk into the kitchen you see Jason doing the dishes.

"Hey, thanks Jason."

"No problem.  How is she?  Is she okay?  Usually she doesn't get sick, and you and dad looked worried."

You sigh, "She's okay.  She has a little fever.  She's just really tired."

"Okay.   I, uh, made some soup for her.  She didn't eat anything, so I was thinking she might need some grub."  He hands you the bowl of chicken noodle soup.

"She'll love it.  Thanks Jason."

He kisses you on the cheek and you walk upstairs.  You walk into the bedroom to see Darcy in Harry's lap. 

"Hey baby.  Can you take this medicine?"  You pour out the purple liquid.  

She nods and drinks it.  You hand her the water and she drinks big sips.

"Are you hungry?"  

Darcy shrugs.

"How about you get some sleep baby girl?"  Harry rubs her curls out of her face.  She snuggles into Harry and he holds her in his arms.  Darcy has always been a daddys girl.  It didn't surprise you she wanted her dad.  She slowly falls asleep in his arms.  

+++

You hear Harry jump out of the bed in the middle of the night.  You grab your robe and tie it around you before following him.  He runs into Darcy's room to find her sobbing in bed.

"Daddy!  I..I had a bad dream!"  She screams.  

"Probably from the fever."  He whispers in your ear.  

He walks over to her and she jumps into his arms.  Jason runs in with bed head.

"What's going on?!  Is she okay?"  

"J, she's okay.  Go back to bed."  You ruffle his hair.  He relaxes and goes back to bed.

"Mommy,"  Darcy calls for you.  Harry opens an arm for you and you get in the bed with them.  Soon you all fell asleep in Darcy's twin princess bed.  In the morning Jason took a picture and posted it on Twitter.

"Jason, I am going to kill you!"  Harry chases after the boy and you and Darcy laugh from the kitchen, where you two were making dinner together.

"Mom, help me!"

"You built your own bridge Jason!"  Darcy calls.

"Thats my girl."

Hey girlies!  Could you guys message me or comment if you know someone who can do Book Trailers?  I need one for my Fanfic.  Thanks!

Xx