44

"Arthur! help me with my homework!" Alfred began to complain and push my head against my desk. "I don't feel like it," I spoke. I stayed up late last night watching a bunch of movies. My brothers were pissed. "Come on; I can not translate this!" Alfred wined. He moved to the UK last year and had to learn another language. However, he was not doing his best. "You are better at French than me! please!" He begged. I was not that great at it. "Fine, here," I spoke. I handed him my homework, and he looked at it happily. "How is Anya?" Alfred asked as he copied my work. "She is good, and we were going to go out this weekend; I saw this cool place I thought she would like to eat," I answered.

"Hmm, isn't she...late? I know she usually comes in to see you before she leaves for class," Alfred asked. Hmm, he had a point. "You are right; she isn't here yet; that is weird," I spoke. I looked around and suddenly saw a familiar head outside the classroom.

I looked at him and saw he was talking to Anya. "She is there," I spoke. I gestured for Alfred to look, and he turned. "Whoa? I didn't realize they knew each other," Alfred said. "Neither did I," I answered. I watched the two of them, and something felt off in my stomach. "I will ask her about it later," I spoke.

I knew Francis; he and I hardly talked. It wasn't that we fought or hated each other; he was just known around the school to be... well, a man-whore. Anya came into the room and immediately hugged me. "Artie! How are you?" She asked. "I'm good, and it is nice to see you," I smiled.

"I can't stay long, but I want to see you quickly!" She cheered. She kissed me on the cheek, and I got a little embarrassed. "Alright!" I laughed.

When she left, Alfred continued to smirk at me. "Aww, you two are so in love! I wish I had what you both have," he mocked. "Oh, shut it!" I laughed. He began to nudge me, and I nudged him back.

"Hello, American and British person," Francis spoke. He took his seat at the desk beside mine. Yes! We sat beside each other! He and I never really clicked, so we were not friends. More of acquaintances, honestly. He also moved here from France about two years ago, so I've known him a little longer than Alfred.

"Francis, don't be so cruel; it's bad enough people make fun of how I talk," Alfred pretended to cry. Francis laughed at him, and Alfred took his seat behind him. "What were the two of you talking about out there?" I asked. Francis lifted an eyebrow and then turned to Anya. "Ah! With Anya? She was just asking about her French, although I don't know why she wants to take another language when she already knows two or three," he spoke.

"Ah! So you are going to help her?" I asked. He looked at me, annoyed, and rolled his eyes. "If she needs the help, I don't mind. What are all these questions? Are you jealous?" He mocked. What he said ticked me, and I glared. "Don't say idiotic things," I spoke. I smacked the back of his head, and he laughed at me.

"Arthur, you are such a brute!" He pretended to cry. "Great, now you made him sad," Alfred spoke, comforting him. "Good, he deserves it," I told. Francis looked up at me and gave me a weird look.  "What?" I asked. He looked away and shrugged. "Oh, nothing, just thinking about something," he spoke.

"Thinking? I didn't realize bimbos like you could do that!" I smirked. He pretended to laugh and roll his eyes. "The correct term is himbo! And I take it as a compliment! Have you seen me? I must be shared with the world!" He spoke confidently.

"Yeah, just not this world, maybe another planet," I snickered. Alfred began to laugh, and Francis rolled his eyes. "Keep laughing now, and I will strike you while the iron is hot one day! Then you will be crying to me!"

"Crying to you? I swear you must be into some strange things," I spoke. "You could say that," he smiled. Francis looked at me weirdly, and I rolled my eyes. "Francis! You know French! Is this right?" Alfred asked.

Alfred showed him my homework, and my eyes widened. "HEY! That's mine!" I spoke. I tried to take it away, but Francis took it. "Arthur? You are so dumb. Would you like for me to tutor you?" He laughed. "No, thank you, I'd pass on that offer," I spoke.

Francis began to laugh and started writing things down on my paper. "Here, this was the only mistake; everything else looks correct," Francis spoke. He was so cocky! It pissed me off! I do not want Anya around him! He might corrupt her and turn her into one of his minions.

Francis handed me my homework, and I took it. "Why are you even taking French? You speak the language!" I spoke. "Why do you take English? Same thing!" He laughed. It wasn't, and he was such an idiot.

Alfred and he began to talk to each other. I observed Francis and wondered if he was a good person or not. What were his intentions, or weren't they? He seemed hard to read, and I was usually good at reading people. "Can you stop staring at me? They say that the longer you stare at the person, the faster you fall in love! You are going to fall in love with me one day!"

"As if! I'd rather jump off a building than have that happen!" I spoke, annoyed. I turned away from him, and we all sat straight in our seats; however, I could not stop shaking a weird feeling with him. Something was off, in a wrong way too. From now on, I will be overseeing this guy! I will not go easy on him at all.