2

The party came around and lots of people from work were there. Naturally, many people came and spoke to me. "Arthur! How are you!" I felt someone grab me and I turned. "Hey! I haven't seen you all week!" I laughed. "Well, I had that doctors appointment, and I had some family stuff come up," Matthew laughed. "Don't even worry," I smiled. We both sat down beside each other and he looked around. "Looking for Alfred? He isn't here yet," I explained.

"Ah yes, he told me that apparently your arch nemesis was going to be here," he laughed.
"Ugh! He is such a drama Queen! His name is Francis. We have known each other for a long time and fought a lot, but we are adults now, I doubt he remembers any of that stuff," I explained. "Ah, and if he does?" He asked. "Ahh.... Well, I'm not sure honestly," I said nervously.  "MATTHEW! HEY!" A voice called.

Matthew and I turned and saw a man coming toward us. He had brown hair and immediately hugged Matthew. "Hey! This is my good friend Arthur, Arthur, this is Antonio," Matthew introduced. I stood up from my seat and we both shook hands. "Hi, nice to meet you, are you one of the new workers?" I asked. "Ah! Yes! Matthew here helped me out," he smiled. "Well, you will like it a lot," I smiled. We both let go of each other's hands and smiled at each other. "I think you might be right about that," he smiled.

"Take a seat, Arthur and I were just having drinks," Matthew smiled. "MATTIE! HOW ARE YOU ALWAYS HERE BEFORE ME!" Another voice yelled. We all looked up seeing Alfred pretending to be heart broken. Alfred ran over to me and pulled me closer to him. "Arthur, I missed you all day today, it's so hard being off of work," he began to shake me.

"Oh god! Just sit down!" I laughed. "Oh! Matthew that reminds me, I actually told my friend to apply too, and he was hired, he should be here any second," Antonio smiled. "Oh! That's amazing! I'm so glad! The firm needed more workers," Matthew added. "He is bringing our other friend Gilbert, I know for sure the two of you will get along. Actually! I think all of you will get along with them," Antonio spoke. "Well, if they are anything like you, I don't doubt it," I added.

Antonio smiled at me sweetly and nodded. "So, what is the name of your friend?" I asked. "Francis!" He smiled. Immediately Matthew, me, and Alfred froze hearing that name. "What?" Antonio asked confused. They were friends? What were the odds? The odds that Matthew was friends with him who was friends with Francis. I mean!? The odds?

"Oh look! He is here! Give me a second!" Antonio cheered. He suddenly left and the three of us looked to each other nervously. I kept my head down and I could feel them staring at me. "What are the chances?" Alfred whispered.

"Francis! This is my friend Matthew! And those are his friends!" Antonio suddenly spoke. I kept my head down, I have no idea why I was so nervous. "Nice to meet you Matthew, Antonio would not stop talking about you," he spoke. His voice. I had not heard it in so long. "And that is Alfred and Arthur," Antonio added.

"Arthur?.... Alfred...?" He started confused. I slowly looked up, and our eyes met. He was definitely different. He looked more like a man than a girl. We stared at each other for awhile, and I could not tell what he was thinking. He looked shocked to see me and that was all. I could feel everyone staring at us as we stared at each other. "Hmm? Do you know each other?" Antonio asked.

"Know each other?..." Francis started. He was still staring at me and it made me nervous. "Ah! Uh... something like that?" He spoke. I looked at him seriously. "We went to college together," Alfred spoke. I looked at him, breaking the eye contact between me and Francis.

"Really? That is cool! Arthur now you can tell me all the stories about Francis!" Antonio came over to me and put an arm around me. He started to sway me and I laughed. "Eh? They aren't interesting," I laughed. "Yeah, maybe not for him, all he did was stay in his dorm and not talk to anyone," Francis suddenly spoke.

My eyes widened at what he said and we all looked to him. He had his arms crossed, looking away annoyed. "Ah, I would love to hear it still, Arthur! You and I should get close!" Antonio smiled. He put an arm around me once more and pulled me closer to him. "If you say so, I'm not really interesting," I explained.

"Doesn't matter, you are very cute so it will make up for it," he laughed. My eyes widened and what he said and I looked to everyone who was equally shocked. Francis was just looking away annoyed. I moved away from Antonio and started to drink more of my drink. "I am going to get drinks, Arthur? Care to join?" Alfred suddenly spoke.

I stood up quickly and nodded. "Yes! Let's go!" I laughed nervously. I quickly walked with him and he smiled at me. "What?" I asked. "Oh nothing, it's obvious Antonio likes you," he laughed. "Well, I don't, I don't know him," I spoke. "Ah? So you don't care that he is a guy?" Alfred asked.

I rolled my eyes at him and shrugged. "Well, that isn't a big concern of mine when being with someone," I rolled my eyes. I've never been with a guy recently, but I'm not opposed to it. "I'll keep that in mind," he smiled at me. The way he smiled at me was a little odd. It was a different kind of smile. "Yeah, okay then," I spoke confused. When we finally arrived at the bar, we ordered lots of drinks.