6

"I did not even realize the two of you were dating! The way that Francis stared at you the other night, I would have thought the two of you would hit it off!" Gilbert laughed. My eyes widened, and Alfred looked upset. "For the last time, Francis and Arthur hate each other; I am sure if they were to be in a relationship, it would be toxic and not last long," Alfred rolled his eyes. "Oh?" Gilbert looked at me. "Indeed, Francis and I never got along; we still do not," I spoke. Maybe I should not have said that thing to him earlier. I think I meant deep down that I wanted our relationship to improve. I at least should have taken it back.

"Francis is starting to piss me off too! All day after lunch, he kept bugging me about Arthur. Asking stupid questions as if I was going to answer them," Alfred spoke. "Huh? what was he asking?" I asked, shocked. Alfred looked extremely annoyed and shrugged. "He kept asking if you were seeing someone, probably to try and sleep with them," Alfred spoke. My eyes widened, and I looked to both gilbert and Matthew, who were equally shocked.

"Why would he want to know?" Matthew asked. I knew why; it was because I said I would sleep with Antonio. He wanted to prepare himself for payback if I ever did. This only made me want to do it even more; he would not be able to get me back since I was not dating anyone. "Did you tell him you and Arthur were dating?" Gilbert asked. I tried not to laugh, and Alfred looked at me, a little hurt. "We are not dating; we thought coming would bring us closer," I tried to explain. We did not care, but It was not a big deal that he and I were not together.

"Oh, that makes a lot of sense; the two of you were not really acting like one," Gilbert laughed. It was like he had realized something. "What? Don't say that," Alfred spoke. They all started to laugh, and I looked out the window. It looked like it was starting to snow. "Is it alright if I go smoke real quick?" I asked. "Yeah, go for it," Matthew smiled. I nodded, standing up, and I walked toward the exit.

When I walked outside, the cold air hit my face, and I immediately began to look for my lighter and cigarette. I placed the cigarette between my lips and continued to look through my pockets. "Ugh! No way!" I spoke, annoyed.

"Arthur?"

I froze in place and turned my head slowly. "Ugh! What are you doing here?" I asked. Francis was standing there confused and also had a cigarette between his lips. "I'd ask the same, but you told me you had a double date, which I assume is in there," he spoke. He walked closer to me, looked at my cigarette, and then at me. "Well, what are you doing here?" I asked. "Ah, I just left Antonio's place; my place is in this direction," he explained. Oh, that makes sense.

"Idiot..."

Francis came closer to me and pressed the end of his cigarette onto mine, blowing into it. My eyes widened at what he did, and I breathed in. My cigarette was able to light, and he looked at me, annoyed. "Don't call me an idiot; you good for nothing," I hissed. "Well, you are an idiot, an annoying one too, not even a cute sexy one," he mocked. "It is cold out here; next time, you should wear gloves, idiot," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes and moved away from him. "Alfred said that you kept asking him if I was dating anyone. You know that does not make you look good, especially with your history," I glared. "Hm? I figured he would mention that; I did ask. Not for the reason you think, though, I was genuinely curious, and I knew you would not answer. Besides, it seems like Alfred may have called Dibbs on you already," he laughed.

Francis gave me a look that would best describe someone feeling cocky. "Dibbs?" I asked, confused. "Ugh, you never change; I hate you so much; I'd slap you across the face if I could," he laughed. I pushed him farther from me and glared. "Shut up. Don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked. "Yes, but pissing you off is my favorite pastime; it is so easy," he mocked. He started to poke my face, and I blew smoke in his direction.

He waved his hand around to move the smoke, and I could see how annoyed he got. "Francis? What are you doing here?" We both turned to see Alfred standing there. "Ah, you know me, I love making trouble and annoying the hell out of Arthur," Francis spoke, annoyed. Alfred walked toward us and pulled me away.

For some reason, the air had tension.

I pulled my arm away from Alfred, and Francis started laughing. "Heh, Alfred, I won't argue with you since I don't hate you, but figure out what you want," Francis uttered. His voice sounds pitiful and amused. "What are you talking about?" Alfred asked. Francis looked down at his hand, pushing me back, and I wanted to walk away. Francis must think Alfred likes me or something.

Francis blew out smoke as he watched Alfred. He looked annoyed and unbothered. Alfred stared at him, irritated, and I felt something deeper was going on.

"Well, Au revoir! Arthur, we will talk later," he smiled. Francis began to walk away, and I watched him, annoyed. "That guy, he has no shame," I spoke. "What were you doing out here with him?" Alfred asked. "We ran into each other and started talking; he mostly was trying to pick a fight; it isn't a big deal," I spoke.

Alfred placed his hands on my shoulders and made me look at him. "Arthur, you should stay away from him; you say you hate him, yet the both of you find a way to talk to each other," he spoke. My eyes widened at what he said; he was right. "I agree, but I can't help; we somehow end up talking," I spoke.
I looked back at Francis from a distance and wanted to laugh. I guess the odds were against me all the time.