40

I sat on the sofa, drinking my drink. I was getting exhausted watching everyone. I looked around the room, and my eyes stopped on Francis. Adnan tried to talk to him, but Francis looked like he wanted to leave. Adnan had terrorized him for so long, and I was sure he was tired of it. Francis suddenly looked at me, and I quickly turned my head.

Please don't come to me.

Please DON'T COME TO ME!

"Arthur! Hey!" I jumped from the voice. I turned around to see that Antonio had sat beside me. "Hey?" I spoke. He seemed so drunk already. He placed an arm around me and brought me closer. "Hey! I want to ask you something," he slurred. I tried to push him away, but he held me tightly. "Can it wait?" I asked. I felt Francis staring at me, and I could see how angry Adnan was getting.

"No! It is serious!"

"What is it?"

"How come we never worked out? I thought we hit it off, and I still like you. How about we try again?" He asked. My eyes widened, and I quickly shut his mouth with my hand. "If you know what is good for you, you will shut up! Francis is here! You know that!" I glared. He rolled his eyes at me and pulled away. "Yeah! Yeah! What is the deal with him anyway? So it is okay for him to kiss you, but I would get in trouble? How is that fair?" He asked.

"Please! Keep your voice low!" I begged. He brought me closer and began to lean his head on my shoulder. "Why? I'm genuinely curious why he gets to have you and not me. Didn't you both hate each other? What does that have to do with me? Maybe if I talked to him, he would be okay with it?"

"Please don't do that; you know what he will say!"

"What? What will he say?"

"That you two are best friends, it would be weird, and you should respect that," I explained. He began to pull my face to look at him, and he was sad. "Arthur? Do you care what he thinks?" He asked.

Despite not caring for Antonio that way, I understood why he was upset. "Maybe we should tell him?" He spoke.

"Tell who what?"

I froze in my spot and slowly turned my head to the right. Francis was standing there beside Adnan. Adnan had a grin, and Francis looked annoyed at Antonio's behavior. "Nothing!" I spoke.

"Here you go," Gilbert suddenly came, and he had a tray full of wine. "Thank you," Francis spoke. He took a glass, and so did Adnan and Antonio. "So, what were the two of you talking about?" Adnan pushed. I shook my head and stood up to get away from Antonio. "Nothing, nothing important," I answered.

Gilbert looked confused, and he stuck around to see what was happening. "Nothing? Did not seem like nothing," Antonio pouted. Dear god! I am going to get murdered today. Francis looked at Antonio, confused, and Adnan was smiling. "What's going on?! I can sense the tension across the room!" Alfred laughed.

He pulled Kiku over, and it caused Matthew and Michelle to follow. There was too much going on right now, and I needed to back up. "Yeah! What's going on?" Adnan started. I glared at him, and Antonio looked at me. Everyone was looking at me. "Nothing, he and I were just talking," I spoke.

"Arthur, you are breaking my heart," he cried. Antonio stood up and suddenly threw himself at me. "Can you stop? Please?" I asked. I tried to pull away, but he kept holding on.

"Antonio, stop," I demanded. "But I love you!" He slurred. My eyes widened, and everyone stared at him, shocked. "Hey, he told you to stop," Francis spoke. Francis pulled Antonio off me, and Antonio was upset.

"What?! Why do you get to have him, but I can't?" Antonio whined. "Bro? Maybe you should chill," Alfred spoke. I could see how upset Francis was getting. "No! I will not chill, Alfred!" Antonio started.

"Shut up before you say something stupid!" I ordered. Antonio pushed Alfred and Francis away. Ivan looked at me, concerned, and looked at me as if asking if I needed help. "Arthur! I love you! I have this whole time! I want to be with you!" Antonio confessed.

He tried to grab my hand, but I pulled away. "You don't mean that; you are drunk," I spoke. "I do mean it!" He answered. I looked to Francis, and he looked livid. Adnan was smiling, and I had no idea what to do.

"Just tell Francis the truth; he will understand!" Antonio spoke. Everyone looked frozen in shock, and I was pissed. "Would you shut up!" I yelled.

"Tell me what?" Francis asked.

"Oh! This will be good; how about you tell him, Arthur!" Adnan added. My eyes widened, and I began to back up. Francis looked at Adnan, confused, and I wanted to die. "Or maybe, you prefer if I do it?" Adnan added.

My eyes widened, and I immediately got closer to him. "Piss off, Adnan! Don't act like you are innocent! I can spill my secrets too!" I yelled. I grabbed him by his collar, Ivan immediately pulled him away, and Alfred pulled me. "No! Let me go! I'm tired of this son of a bitch!" I yelled.

"Me? You are the one who started it!"

"You liar! This has all been you!" I glared. I pushed Alfred away, and Ivan began to get between Adnan and me. "Arthur, don't fight!" Kiku tried to pull me out.

"WHAT IS GOING ON? One of you tell me?" Francis spoke. "If you spill, then I spill!" Adnan laughed. I immediately went to him again and, this time, pushed Ivan. "PISS OFF!" I yelled. I punched him in the face, and everyone gasped.

The force knocked him to the ground, and he held his nose. I began to shake the pain away from my hand and glared at him. "You look the same as the first time," I frowned. His eyes widened, and he looked at Francis. Francis did not seem to care that I punched him. "You will let him do that after what he did?" Adnan started.

Damn it!

Here goes nothing.

"Shut up!" I yelled.

I was going to tell Francis.

I turned to him, and he looked at me, confused. "There's something I need to tell you..."