22

"Just do not say anything, as usual; you know the drill," Francis spoke. I nodded at him, and we both walked into the room. "Hello, sorry about the wait; we did not realize you came early," Francis spoke. Damn, I wonder how long they were sitting here waiting. "Do not worry about that! Nice to meet you. My name is Ludwig Beilschmidt, and these are my clients, Ms. Elizabeth Hedervary and Mr. Roderich Edelstein, as you know, are now divorced. Another lawyer is coming; he is running late."

We all shook hands, and Francis smiled, "This is my colleague Mr. Kirkland; he will be creating the contract. My name is Francis Bonnefoy," Francis pointed to me, and I smiled. They did not seem so bad, and I wondered why Francis stressed out so much. Francis and I sat beside each other, and across from us was Ludwig, and then Elizabeth and Roderich glaring at each other. I looked over to Francis and began to take out my laptop to type everything out. I had to document everything said and then use it to create the document. Being a fast typewriter came in handy.

"Okay, let's start simple; before we get into the big things, do any of you want to claim a specific asset?" Francis started. I began to type and saw Ludwig take out a piece of paper. "Elizabeth would like to claim the family dog and all the belongings she purchased, including kitchenware, toiletries, furniture, and uh... the piano?" Ludwig spoke, confused. I started typing everything and looked up to Elizabeth, who was smirking.

"I bought a lot of that furniture; why does she get to take it all?"

"You are such a baby! You cheated on me! I deserve the furniture! Especially your piano!"

"What? Why do you want my piano so bad?!"

They continued to argue, and I continued to type, very concerned. "I am sorry I am late! there was bad traffic!" The door suddenly opened. Francis and Ludwig stood up and went to shake hands with him. "My name is Lovino Vargas, and I am here to represent Elizabeth," He spoke out of breath. "This is Francis Bonnefoy, the accountant, and Arthur Kirkland," Ludwig introduced us. "Okay, nice to meet you; let's get this done fast," Lovino rolled his eyes. It seemed that everyone here had been through the same thing.

Lovino sat beside Elizabeth, and I typed up the explanation Ludwig gave.

"As I said before, I want all the furniture!"

"I paid for more than half!"

"You owe me more, and I am being generous by not taking your monetary assets!"

They had started to argue again, and I looked up at them. I was typing without even looking down. I looked at Francis, who seemed frustrated with all the arguing. Lovino looked like he wanted to yell and Ludwig looked like he wanted to leave. "Oh god, how about we split the furniture? Elizabeth will take the living room furniture, and Roderich will take the bedrooms; as for the living space, we will split randomly," Lovino suggested, annoyed.

"I agree!" Ludwig smiled. "Ugh! as long as I keep the piano!" Roderich spoke. "What? I want the piano!"

"You do not even play piano! What will you do with it?"

"Rub it in your face!"

"ALRIGHT! The furniture will be split evenly," Francis spoke, interrupting them. He began to write stuff down, and I continued to type. "Arthur, you tell me, would you not want to take the piano to rub in his face?" Elizabeth asked me. I lifted a brow and suddenly stopped typing. Francis looked at me curiously, and I felt that this "piano" was code for something else.

"You are asking the wrong person," I laughed, typing. "surely you are married!" she suddenly spoke. I suddenly froze and could see Francis trying to hold in a laugh. "Please don't involve me," I spoke nervously.

~

The meeting continued, and it took about an hour to make it to the bigger things, like the house and the car. The encounter document was multiple pages long, and it would be a lot of work to compress it.

"I should have never married you! What was I thinking? All we ever do is argue!"

"You said it better than me! You are always planning my downfall!"

Francis and I watched them nervously as they continued to fight with each other. They seem to really hate each other.

"We always fight because you do not know how to shut up!"

"Or maybe, you realize that you might be the problem?!"

"Me? What happened to the sweet man I married?"

"You drained him years ago!"

God, this was painful to watch. I looked at Francis, who looked like he did not want to be Married because of them. I agree with his expression, which made me not want to marry anyone. "Okay, how about you sell the house and split the money?" Francis tried to suggest. "NO! I WILL NOT LET HIM WIN!" Elizabeth yelled. Lovino rubbed his head, annoyed, and I was sensing why they needed three different meetings for these people.

"Listen, the two of you seem like nice guys, don't ever get married! It is a trap! Be smart and be single forever!" Elizabeth looked at Francis and me, and I felt uncomfortable. She was starting to make a point, and anyone would choose to be single after watching them argue.

Wait!

Did Francis and I argue like this?

Are we feeling what other people feel as they watch us?

Talk about a match not made in heaven.

I took a breath and looked at Francis, who seemed on edge. "How about we take a five-minute break?" Ludwig suggested. "YES! GREAT IDEA!" Lovino spoke. Elizabeth and Roderich immediately stood up and walked out of the door. The four of us looked at each other, and soon Lovino and Ludwig left together, probably to get water.

This gave me some time to write an official document, well, start it. I had a generic layout for one, so I was not worried it would take longer. "Wow, it makes me wonder what type of person I will marry and if it would last," Francis started. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "Well, you better hope you do not marry anyone who is airheaded," I laughed. "Like you? I will make sure to use you as a reference when dating people. what not to look for!" He laughed. I rolled my eyes at him, and he nudged me as I started to type. "You are so annoying! I should offer the people you date a warning! "Do not date this french man! he has mental issues!" What do you say?" I laughed. "Yeah, right," He giggled.