9

"You invited him!?"

"No! It was Alfred!"

"Great! Well, I can't go now!"

"What? Really? Why not?"

"Did you not listen to what I told you? Do you not understand English? Should I try French?"

"Ugh! Just come; it won't be that bad!"

"No! You are such a stupid idiot! This is why I should not have said anything to you!"

Francis looked extremely pissed. It was not my fault anyway. I looked at his features as he furrowed his brows. His eyes were closed shut as he thought about something. His hair was up in a ponytail, and he began to undo it and fix it. He was perfect to look at; if only he had just shut up.

"I can't go; I'm sorry; I mean, do you really care if I go? We always fight when we get drunk," he said seriously. He was right! Do I really care that he doesn't go? We did always fight... but, I guess... no, I had no reason to want him there. "Fine, you don't have to go, but then I won't go either!"

"Huh?!"

"Yeah! I won't go!"

"Why the hell not?"

"Well... because..."

"Because?"

"BECAUSE IF YOU ARE NOT THERE, I WILL NOT HAVE ANYONE TO ARGUE WITH!"

"Eh? What kind of kink are you?"

"SHUT UP, YOU BLOODY FROG! I JUST LIKE MESSING WITH YOU!"

"Ugh, you could have had a sexier kink? Like bondage? But no! It had to be arguing... what a pervert. Are you horny right now? I'll try not to raise my voice!"

He began to laugh at me, and I glared at him. He began to laugh at me, and I knew my face was getting red with anger. "I also did not want to be alone with your best friend, and he would not stop asking about you. You must really be a pussy if you can't even face him! Pathetic if you ask me. If I were you, I would go and show him I was not scared anymore!"

He looked at me, annoyed, and crossed his arms. "I hate you so much, but because you are forcing me to go, you will have to be my best friend for the night!" He smiled, patting my back. "Eh? Like hell!"

"Oh, hell yes, because you wanted me to come, so now I am; that means you are in charge of keeping me entertained, or else I will leave! I expect a drink or two as well," he smiled. I glared at him and rolled my eyes. "Fine then! I will get you two drinks," I agreed.

We were standing in the corner at the end of the office, an area that was hard for other people to see past unless they moved their bodies a certain way. "That means you have to be nice to me!" He smirked. Francis booped my nose, and I looked at him unamused. "I didn't give you permission to touch me."

"Ouch! But, I will blame you if anything happens."
"Deal, blame me all you want! I doubt anything would! Especially since we will all be there!"
"Mhm... if you say so," he spoke. His smile went away, and he was serious. As if doubting that other people being there would stop something from happening.

I wanted him there to see what Adnan was planning. If I could pick up some body language and figure it out, I would know whether Adnan is really like. Was it wrong to use Francis as a guinea pig? Probably, but everything will be fine.

~
That night, we all met up as planned. We went to a karaoke bar and sat in one of those private rooms. Adnan was introduced to everyone, and they all seemed to like him.  I sat between Francis, who was on my right, Alfred on my left, and to his left Matthew. Across from us was Adnan across from Francis, then Antonio in front of me, and Gilbert sat across from Matthew. They were becoming really close and pretty much were with each other a lot.

We had to leave the room to get the drinks in this particular karaoke place. So, I decided to leave and get some for everyone. "Francis, what kind did you want? I'm going to buy everyone drinks," I started. He looked at me and sat up. I knew what everyone else liked except for him. "You too, Adnan; what would you like?"

"Raki is fine."
"Francis? And you?"
"Just get me what you like."

Francis smiled at me, and I noticed how everyone looked at him uncomfortably. I think for them, it was the first time they had really seen him smile at me. Adnan just looked annoyed by this, but I tried to ignore it. I was going to make sure that tonight I did not get drunk so that I could make sure nothing happened.

It was not for Francis! It was for me! So I could be sure of things.

I left the room and went to the desk to order drinks. It was going to be a lot, so I asked for a tray to bring them back. Francis said that Adnan was a pervert and would harass him. I can not jump to conclusions, but did he mean that Adnan sexually harassed him? That is crazy, though! Sexual harassment? Against Francis? I feel like he would be the type to say something.

Well, he mentioned he did, and Adnan threatened him. Threatened him how? I was curious about the whole situation and knew I could not just ask him, especially since Francis and I were not close. I knew for a fact that Adnan would not say anything to me either. He did not even want to tell me that he knew Francis in the first place. Maybe there might be a way for me to bring it up without asking.

I began to walk back to the room with the drinks, and as soon as I walked in, I saw Adnan had sat beside Francis, taking my spot.