13

It had been about one week since Alfred, and I had sex. We never talked about it after that night, but I felt he wanted to. I still did not tell Francis anything, and thankfully, no one has said anything. For the most part, Francis and I have acted the same. The constant insulting and bickering are constant. He is annoying, and sometimes I want to throw things in his face, but I know that is not an intelligent thing to do.

Tonight, Gilbert had invited everyone over to his place for dinner. Including Adnan, gross. I guess they would know by now if I would just tell them. I arrived a little late, but I brought the cake for everyone. "THE DOOR IS UNLOCKED!" I heard someone call.

I opened the door, and everyone saw me walk in. "Sorry, I'm late! I was baking, and then I could not find my keys! Oh! And then I had a package, so I had to open it," I laughed nervously. "Don't worry! You aren't that late," Alfred smiled. He came toward me and began to pull me toward the table. I placed the cake on the table and sat between Francis and Matthew.

Alfred was in front of me, and Antonio was beside him. At the ends of the table were Adnan and Gilbert. "So, now that everyone is here! We can all eat!" Gilbert cheered. We all said our thanks and started to serve ourselves. I looked over to Adnan, and he glared at me. What was his deal? Did he want to get punched again? I glared back at him, and I could tell he was shocked. I was not scared of him.

"I was thinking! Should we all go out for Valentine's Day? Since we are all single, maybe we can go to a bar and meet people?" Matthew spoke.

"Eh? At a bar? We will look like sad people, and I think I'd rather stay home," Alfred laughed. His face got red looking at me, and I tried not to pay attention to him. I continued to glare at Adnan, and he gave me a disgusted look. "Ah! Right, we would not want to get drunk like last time! Arthur had to take Francis home!" Gilbert laughed.

I immediately froze, and everyone did the same. They all knew not to say anything. "What? I thought you said you took me home?" Francis spoke. I turned to him, horrified, and I had no idea what to say. Francis looked at me, confused, and I turned away from him slowly. I could see Adnan was smiling, and I felt annoyed. "I did? Eh? I guess it's been a while, and I remember Adnan saying you were taking him home," Gilbert added.

I looked at him horrified and saw Antonio smack the back of his head. "What was that for?" He yelled, annoyed. "Please just stop talking," Matthew tried to say. I looked to Francis, who looked at me disgusted. I rolled my eyes and continued to glare at Adnan, who was smiling. He could not say anything, and I won't hesitate to tell everyone why.

"Arthur? You really took me home? Why?" Francis asked. I looked back at him, and I had no idea what to say. "Excuse Arthur and me," Adnan suddenly spoke. NO! He was going to make it worse.

Adnan came to me and pulled me out of my seat. I glared at him, and I was sure that Francis noticed. "Right, excuse us," I spoke. If this were a fear tactic, he would have to try harder. Adnan pulled me into one of the closest rooms, and he looked at me. "So you have not told him? That does not surprise me."

"No, but I will tell everyone if you slip up!"

"Oooo, I am so scared!"

"Do it then, see if they believe you; you have no proof, and Francis does not remember anything."

Was he an idiot? He must think that Francis has not told me of their past. "Oh really?" I asked. What was he getting at? "And if I do?" I asked. "I will make your life a living hell."

"Pfft, nice try."

"You can't do anything because it happened outside of work, so you can't tell anyone that is in a higher position."

Crap! He was right about that.

"I can still tell everyone else."

"If you do, then you will regret it; Francis is terrified of me and won't do anything. Do you think he would help you if I started to fuck with you?"

"No, I doubt it, but I'm not so easily scared, so bring your worst," I hissed.

I began to walk out of the room, and I could tell he was angry. He doesn't scare me, and I fear no one. Not even if he were actively doing something to me, I would not care; I would just do it back with more energy.

Everyone saw me walk out, and I smiled at them. "Sorry about that; he needed to ask me something, isn't that right, Adnan?" I smiled at him. He came into the room behind me and looked shocked at my happiness. Francis may have been a pussy, but I am not. "Yes! All peachy!" He laughed. He looked like he wanted to punch the smile off my face.

I continued to smile as he sat down, and I handed some food to Francis. "Eat!" I demanded. He looked at me nervously and nodded. I am the terrifying person in the world! We both smiled at each other, and I could tell everyone was starting to sense the energy between us.

Besides the threat, I knew Francis had a right to know what happened, and I was still unsure how to go about it; there had to be a way for me to be alone with him. I already knew there would be a fight, so I needed to prepare myself mentally and physically, too, in case he decided to punch me. Which, might be fair, it was my fault he was there even though he did not want to come. It was also my fault for not watching him for most of the night. I suck!